Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Odd smell during simple purification.
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:48 pm 

I was recently asked to purify a house while I was over. It was a simple matter really, as I was staying the night and leaving the next morning for a ritualistic wake.

I had what I needed, so I agreed
During the purification, someone on the upper floor came down comenting on the smell of burning metal. The smell left once they where out of the immediate area. As the purification continued the smell became worse.

It was at this point I added sweet grass cedar and tobacco to the mix, as well as my rattle.

The smell and vibe of negativity left after that, though it exgushted much of my resources.. I had never seen sage tobacco sweet grass and cedar burn so quickly....

Any suggestion on what happened/was there?

The people in the house are mild practitioners of Wicca...I am assuming they let something in... and didnt notice.

Post subject: Re: Odd smell during simple purification.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:04 am 

Sounds a bit like there's been something resisting at first and then accepting your offering of tobacco, consuming it faster. Then going away.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:38 pm 

I figured as much.

It is a rare thing for me to have to use, that mixture let alone feel that drained. It is something I truly was not expecting.

If I had been my initial set up would have been very different.

I am mainly curious exactly what could have been there, the family is going better and some of the issuses previously reported to me have begun to fade.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:33 am 

There are spirits, which main reason for existence is to cause suffering. It's name or even was it alone or a group of spirits may not be easily known. But as always there are your own spirit helpers you can ask from. They may know.

As the first phase of purification seremony it may prove good idea to call all present spirits make them acknowledge themselves. After you have connection to malign spirits at the place it may become easier to either bargain them out, or use more force if bargaining does not work.

Certain spirits are just guite mad for tobacco, I've heard. Some use tobacco traps to catch them.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:41 am 

The "tobacco trap" is essentially what I did.
The she cedar and sweet grass along with the tobacco, generally works. The bottom of the pot was also lined with quartz.

The point wasn't to bargain with it, the whole reason I was asked to was because it had been causing issues. It sadly was mg mistake for believing it was a simple purification, and finding out what ever it was, was in fact actually pretty pissed.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help