Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Not sure if this is the right place
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:50 am 

Hello,
My name is Andrew. Typical guy. I find myself at this website because this morning I saw something that I can't quite explain or understand. This morning as I sat outside on my patio with my cup of coffee and my cigarette, I saw a large white bird flying backwards. Ahh, what a curious sight! I quickly started to research what birds it could be. Everything I found said the only birds capable of flying backwards are humming birds. So is it just a regular bird flying against a strong wind? There was no wind, and he was only about forty or so feet above. The tree tops weren't moving. It was a decent size bird, goose size or larger. I ask if I should attribute any special meaning to this sight or write it off as a curiosity.

A little about me. I'm an engineering student, army veteran, mid twenties. I typically don't put much stock in "spirituality." Not really my thing, but something about this definitely has me wondering. Again, not sure if this is the right place, but I'll be jacked if google isn't that helpful nowadays. Thanks in advance for any time you took to read this or possibly reply.

Andrew

Post subject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:18 am 

Have look at ‘Augury’, the practice of learning things by watching the flights of birds.

Post subject: Re: Not sure if this is the right place
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:46 pm 

Birds *can* "back up" in a sense ... to gain lift and height.

But when they are doing that, their tails tend to drop down, the wings are pulled up high behind their backs and the wings move from up behind their heads in an arc downwards and then up reaching towards their fronts, instead of pulling the air currents behind them from and up and down movement that is more horizontal, this is a more of a vertical movement.

It would look a LOT different in other words as opposed to how a bird regularly flies forward.

Sort of like this ... it's a lot like when they are taking off, but when in flight if they do this, it's a little like backing up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzkjEdnIl

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help