Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Looking for a teacher
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:32 pm 

Good day to you all!

Ever since I was young, I have always believed that I am part of the Spirit of God and the Spirit of the World. I have felt them communicating with me from time to time, although sometimes through ways that I could not comprehend.

But I believe that I am someone special. I am in need of guidance. I am looking for a teacher. I have been looking for local teachers through the Shaman Portal, but I could not find one close to me. I live in the Philippines.

I have always found serenity in the presence of nature. I would like to learn more about how to communicate to other beings - the plants, the trees, the insects, the animals and the spirits.

My heart is yearning for knowledge. I do not want to stray, hence I am looking for someone who will guide me and teach me.

I do hope I have posted in the right place. If I have not, I hope the moderators and administrators would forgive me and would direct me to the appropriate forum topic that I should post this in.

Thank you all. May the Divine Power bless you.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:06 am 

Hi Diwata,

Like you I am also looking for a new shaman teacher to guide and help me deepen my spirituality. Although I believe that one's ultimate teacher is Great Spirit or Higher Self, there are moments in our life when we need a physical teacher to guide and help us find our path.

The Philippines has a rich shamanic culture of its own as countless as its islands. But I am particularly drawn now (and ever since) to the spirituality of the Andes and the Mesoamerican cultures. Too bad, all resources I needed are neither found here nor in our neighboring Southeast Asian countries. Mostly in the US, Europe or South America.

But nevertheless I'm trying my best to deepen at least the core shamanic practices. That should or can be a good start for you as a beginner.

The good thing in the Philippines, Manila specifically, is that there are groups and peoples that can achieve this little by little through casual sharing of knowledge, perhaps by having a conversation through their experiences or what they have read somewhere. It's hard to find formal training though and if there is one, I have my share of doubts regarding their authenticity.

I once had an opportunity to have met a visiting Peruvian shaman who is now based in Singapore. But the thing about the Inka or Andean shamanism is that one is required to go to Cusco, Peru to receive initiation and that is the only time you can receive training. And that I cannot afford at this point in time.

Whew, this is a lengthy reply. Hope this helps somehow. :-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:17 pm 

Hi to both of you,

Why do you need a chaman physically close to you in the Philippines ? You said yourself that you are part of the Spirit of the World, you could then accept a shaman in spirit only.

You are always at the best place to encounter a shaman, where ever you are physically. The most important thing to have before the quest is an open mind and your mind is open.

Indeed, a Quechua or Aymara shaman has to have been initiated in Cusco and a Maya shaman in Tikal, but once initiated, the xaman is free to hunt spirits anywhere on the planet.

This forum made you both find yourself and each other as well. You are now both united in your shamanical search.

E.W. Aweel

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:43 am 

Ishilta wrote:
Hi Diwata,

The good thing in the Philippines, Manila specifically, is that there are groups and peoples that can achieve this little by little through casual sharing of knowledge, perhaps by having a conversation through their experiences or what they have read somewhere. It's hard to find formal training though and if there is one, I have my share of doubts regarding their authenticity.

Do you have any idea about the name of the group? I would like to get in contact with them if I could. Even without a shaman guide, are you able to progress to learning all about the Great Spirits? Do you read for information? If so, can you tell me what sources you have?

Thank you so much.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:46 am 

e.w.aweel wrote:
You said yourself that you are part of the Spirit of the World, you could then accept a shaman in spirit only.

E.W. Aweel

Hello there!

Thank you for giving me this insight. However, can you elaborate? I'm not sure I understand.

I am looking for a teacher or a guide because I am afraid that if I try to pursue this myself, I would end up harming someone or something. Also, can you tell me what topics I should read about if I want to concentrate on the nature of shamanism in relation to nature. It would be a lot of help for me.

Thank you once again!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:54 am 

The teacher finds the student.

Post subject: Re: Looking for a teacher
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:43 pm 

Have a look at www.shuem.eu for shamanic healing, meditation and courses live through internet. Original, powerful and transformative.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:50 pm 

Well for me, the teacher I would recommend is Shaman Elder Maggie Wahls.

She is writing a 100 day 'walk with a shaman' blog http://100shamandays.blogspot.com/ which is absolutely a must read! This also gives details of how to contact her by email and also the apprenticeship course that she offers (teaching traditional shamanism). She is on day 22 right now on her blog....so there is still lots more to come.

I have healed and learnt so much whilst studying with her, it has been unimaginable!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 am 

pheonix wrote:
Well for me, the teacher I would recommend is Shaman Elder Maggie Wahls.

She is writing a 100 day 'walk with a shaman' blog http://100shamandays.blogspot.com/ which is absolutely a must read! This also gives details of how to contact her by email and also the apprenticeship course that she offers (teaching traditional shamanism). She is on day 22 right now on her blog....so there is still lots more to come.

I have healed and learnt so much whilst studying with her, it has been unimaginable!

Thanks a lot! I'll head over to that blog and see what I can find. :) May the spirits always be with you and bless you.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help