Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Journey help.
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:55 am 

Hey everyone I'm so glad I found this forum I've been wanting to find a forum where I can talk about this stuff. My name is Mac I'm 18 years old and about a year and a half ago I started reading and researching about shamanism. I tried to journey for the longest time but I just can't do it.
Usually the journeys come in dreams "the dreams aren't lucid at all."
These dreams don't happen often but they sort of give me information.
The dreams are to do with animals a lot. After the dream I try to look up the meaning for the particular animal. I had this one dream I don't know if it means anything or not but I was on this mountain and I saw this wolf type creature and she came up to me and wrapped her body around me and it slowly turned into my blanket, I don't know if that means anything or not. I have a lot of dreams that shape shift into things. I also have this thing called "Sleeping paralysis". This one time I woke up and I felt hands on my legs pulling me out of my body, I looked up and I saw my body there. It was a bit scary, but at the same time a really good experience.

My friend was the one who got me into Shamanism, he knows how to journey and has been doing it for along time. I asked if he would kindly journey to my room and see what was there. He told me he saw this big
crane like bird flying over me (His head was in the window over my body and his body was stretched outside over a couple of houses.) He said when he got close the crane looked really angry. I don't know if these means anything or not. I don't know. I'm really interested in shamanism and I really want to learn more I want to practice but I just, I need help.

Sorry for the long post I usually babble on when I'm talking about something I like. Thanks for everything.

-Mac

Post subject: Re: Journey help.
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:20 pm 

Hi Mac, its a great stage to be at, its a real adventure to be finding and creating your way in the shamanic world. That was a real nice dream of the wolf.
When I was first starting off I would have lots of shapeshifting dreams too. I got taught mostly in the dream space. I found it very useful to paint or draw the experiences, it kind of anchored them here in ordinary reality. I also would collect objects, feathers, bones or stones that would reflect back to me those animals I met in the dream space and I started a little altar space to honor them and as a focus of connection. Perhaps you would find this useful too.
Happy travels.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 pm 

willtrua wrote:
Hi Mac, its a great stage to be at, its a real adventure to be finding and creating your way in the shamanic world. That was a real nice dream of the wolf.
When I was first starting off I would have lots of shapeshifting dreams too. I got taught mostly in the dream space. I found it very useful to paint or draw the experiences, it kind of anchored them here in ordinary reality. I also would collect objects, feathers, bones or stones that would reflect back to me those animals I met in the dream space and I started a little altar space to honor them and as a focus of connection. Perhaps you would find this useful too.
Happy travels.

Thank you so much for replying, it brought a smile to my face. A couple months ago when I was visiting my deceased step fathers father, I drew this picture of this man "Who I believe looked native" shape shifting into a bear.

When I have these sort of dream dreams it's always about shape shifting, I have no idea why. I'm guessing it's trying to tell me that I am trying to change myself? I don't know....

I was wondering how I could journey....
What I usually do is, go to my room when it's night time and put on a shamanic drum beat. I close my eyes and try to picture myself going into a hole in the earth. The first time I did it I heard someone say something in a deep voice I got really scared and opened my eyes.
I want to try it again but every time I do so all I see is black, why is this? I've been researching my hardest and trying to find answers yet I feel like I can't do anything.

Thanks,

-Mac

Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:48 am 

Hi Mac, I have helped a lot of people to find their own way of jouneying. Each and every person is so different. I worked with one lady, who couldnt seem to journey in the traditional sense but when we went under the trees and drummed with eyes open in the sun, she could easily move in to an altered space and receive her answers. As for others I have worked with, some people hear their journeys, while others feel them as currents of energy in their body. I suppose what I am saying is, not to let the head get over involved and make it in to something that has to be solved. Rather experiment with a sense of fun. Also, perhaps call in your power animal for help and guidence, sometimes a bit of fear comes in and can block us. If you still feel you need help, find a good shaman in your area or basic course, when we work in the energy field of someone who knows how to shift their awareness then it can make things a lot easier.
Best Wishes

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:01 am 

Hi Mac,
Why don't you write to Shaman Elder Maggie at shaman@shamanelder.com or visit her website (http://www.shamanelder.com) She is the best person placed to answer questions on journeying since she has been practising shamanism as taught to her by her grandmother for over 50 years! She not only offers free counselling, she has an awesome course I recommend to everbody who is seriously interested in shamanism. It is a beautiful path and she is an awesome teacher! I highly recommend her.
Good luck,

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help