Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Incest Survivor Seeks Help
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm 

Hi,

I wrote a post a few minutes ago but it seems to have vanished.

I am a 48 year old man who suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of repeated sexual abuse by my father.

I have been homeless for many years and have spent time in both jails and psych hospitals. I have a limted income and so am not able to afford decent mental health care.

I also feel as if there is very little decent mental health care out there for anybody. I find the traditional mental health ideology to be profoundly limited.

I have spent years focused on my healing and nature and animals have been critical in this journey. But I have done all this work by myself. I know am ready to find others to work with.

I came across a discussion at this forum about sexual abuse and shamanism and so I am glad it is an issue that others think about.

In particular it has been very hard for me to find support as a male incest survivor because the bulk of resources are focused on female survivors.

I am glad to finally be focused on finding shaman support because I have thought about this for a long time but have never really followed through.

I look forward to people's replies.

Post subject: Re: Incest Survivor Seeks Help
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:47 pm 

I hope, you'll find help you are looking for. From this distance I cannot help much, but I know that shamanic way to work with traumas is effient.

I have no real experience of matters of sexual abuse. Only past life visions, where I was enslaved as a war hostage and used in sexual pleasureslave. That vision gave small spiritual crise, because person using me in vision was my mother in this life...

So, how people survive from mistreatment. Sometimes they do not, they get shattered in ways, they have to build whole again during maybe several lifetimes. I do not know, if past life vision are true or not.

I think we all are wounded in way or other. Life goes on in all our woundedness. To feel being slain, raped, defiled may leed person to find an achor where to hold, when everything else is collapsed. I can imagine, when you are an helpless infant and get raped by someone very close, it hurts more. Like insults hurt usually more, when told by somone close to you. Longing, basic needs for safety and love are humilated. Emotional development may grow wrong.

Healing will take time.

Post subject: Re: Incest Survivor Seeks Help
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:30 am 

Hi Bluesky,

I think I might have a lead for you, it may or may not pan out. If it's possible, look for cases in the US or Canada, whereever you live, where priests, or brothers of the Catholic church are brought up on charges of sexual abuse. There's an extremely good chance that the victims of this abuse have been referred to a therapist to help the victims come to terms. These therapists may have recommendations on how you can plug into any resource that might be available for you.

I want to say that there really isn't much help for women survivors of incest or sexual abuse. There may be more people in the field who tackle that issue, but precious few are competent enough to be of any real help.

Even so, in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, I can tell you, as a woman, that I searched high and low for someone to help with this, and I could find none.

It's taken me a lifetime to accept that I'm on my own with everything. It isn't an easy thing to do.

Hope you find the help you need, but even if you don't, it sounds to me like you are equipped to go all the way, on your own, if you must.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help