Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Hummingbird to my sight?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 am 

Hi my name is David 20 years old. I was sitting down near a wash and I was facing some trees. I was playing with the muscles in my eyes. I was moving my eyes in a circle. As I was doing this, I noticed that my vision was getting clear. I kept doing it. Then out of no where a hummingbird comes to my sight. Each time I would move my eyes in a circle the bird would fly in a full circle. It was like we were taking turns. Eventually we made eye contact, then it turned its head to the right and chirped. Then it flew away. Ever since then Ive been curious to what this means. And now I'm always seeing hummingbirds I don't know if it's coincidence or if it has something to do with my experience. I would love to know. I'm curious any answers?

Post subject: Re: Hummingbird to my sight?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 pm 

It might be your totem animal.
At the very least, it wants to communicate with you.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:44 pm 

What does that mean how would I communicate with it? I'm new to all this but im really into it.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:07 am 

What does the Hummingbird mean to you?
If you research it, what does Hummingbird mean in different cultures? How do people talk about Hummingbird in mythology?

It's easy to see this tiny bird as being something so fragile, beautiful yet ultimately sweet and cartoonish, however, in South America it was seen (with good reason since they fight to the death for mates) as a warrior spirit and only those who had proved themselves to be worthy were allowed to wear it's feathers!

If Hummingbird is coming to you, you can honour this connection by doing all you can to learn about it, not just the stuff on 'your animal totem' web sites but the interesting stuff about its life cycle, how it seems almost dead at night when it's heart rate slows virtually to a stop, how in the morning it seems to rise from the dead, the transformation and rebirth concept associated with this etc etc. It takes time and effort.

If you wish to invite Hummingbird into your life, you could find some pictures on the internet, print them out or start keeping a journal and put them in there. Write down everything you find out, start putting the puzzle pieces together and see what message Hummingbird has for you. Where does this research lead you? What coincidences start to come up in your life, will you follow them too? What FEELS right?

See where the trail of breadcrumbs leads you.

Have a wonderful time. :)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:37 am 

The bird was attracted to your energy and you experienced oneness with it,as you both did your circles together.It was a beautiful experience and it is not necessary to kill it, by too much analysis.
My own attempt to communicate with a bird ended up with the bird singing for me and then, for a bonus,it pooped on my head and flew away!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:40 am 

I see thanks for the info.

Lol so the bird sang to you then it pooped on your head and left lol wow that's messed up

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:20 pm 

I was not insulted by the bird.It was a great song and I had to pay for it, in some way.Besides,I was wearing a sombrero,at the time,so my head remained clean.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:14 pm 

Okay so i think am in the right place-loved these two bird stories. I've had these types of experiences with different animals in "nature"- there has always been a sense of being caught in a moment where there is a sense of-exchange or dual awareness between me and the animal. Does this phenomena have a name?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:12 am 

communicating with animals,or telepathic communication with animals.I think there may be another term for it.The animals don`t care how you name the communication with them.One can also communicate with the spirits of trees flowers, etc.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help