Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: How Do I Make Offerings
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:22 pm 

Now somewhat humbled, I need to go before the earth and ask for forgiveness. For what, only I know. But I know that the people on this board can find it in their heart to help me make an offering to the spirits of the earth, of which I have somehow offended. Through what i've done with what I thought was my sole ideology did not please the spirits or the masses of people, what's done is done. I must atone in my own way.

What I ask of you shamans is that you give me at least some advice as to how I could make offerings to the spirits on nine days of my choosing (or rather the days designated to me by some calendrical calculations through the cholq'ij). Can I offer tobacco, sage, cedar, sweetgrass or anything at all. Would I have to do a ritual or a ceremony? I have drum and rattle at hand.

There are no guardian spirits on this planet that would help me. The reason, I really don't know, not entirely. But I wish there was some way for me to have some kind of relationship with a spirit guardian, any at all. If you know of one that gives unconditional support no matter what, please share the knowledge. I know that's not how it works, but i'm willing to try new things so that I could take myself out of this.

Yours,
--Teopiltzin

Post subject: Re: How Do I Make Offerings
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:36 am 

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this but hold true to your Spirit allies. If this is a test of your heart then offer your heart, be truly grateful for all the wonderful things they have done for you and humble before them but don't give up.

As far as what to offer, I guess this would really depend on what is usual where you are. What do your spirits like or require? Do they need a spirit house to come to on your altar? Do they like certain foods or flowers? Would you take the time to source, cook and offer something to them? Then share this with your family so that everyone benefits from your gift?

I hope this helps.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:10 pm 

Thank you for replying Forest Child. It's been a long time since we've spoken. I dearly charish the memories of having exchanged ideas with you in the past. Thank you. But as to the matter at hand.

I think I will stick to tobacco as an offering but in a special way. I will perhaps try to smoke with my spirits, or at least the spirits that wish to enter my sacred space. But first I will use sage to cleanse. What I don't know however is whether I should do a ceremony or a ritual. I know there's little difference in the approach, but I would be more comfortable with ceremony. Thanks again.

If anybody else would not mind replying, that would really help.

Yours,
--Teopiltzin

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm 

I would say keep trying. Some times no message is the message. And you need to keep vigilent work on yourself for a while and rest rest rest and pray. In FN custom, smudging with cedar might be helpful instead of sage as it has different cleansing properties.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:05 pm 

One way to give an offering to Earth is by going to a park, a busy public area, and a body of water, like a creek or river. Spend 3 days at each place, picking up trash, singing your power songs or drumming, and anything else you may feel appropriate. Always start each session by opening sacred space and inviting Mother Earth and all living things to join you. And as you walk about, pay particular attention to signs.

At the end of the 9 days, create an offering of things that represent Mother Earth. Fill it with your love, your blessings, your prayers. And then burn it, allowing the smoke to carry those things into the universe.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:28 am 

Why give part of the earth to the earth?

Say an earnest and happy thank you in your head, apologize for any misgivings, and ask to sort it out.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help