Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Hello, My Name is Firewolf
 Post Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 pm 

Hello my name is Firewolf and the shamanic path has always been a thing of wonderment for me, i have a certian 'Gift" for healing, i am a craft practicner but look to expand my horizons. i perform crystal healings and have a little precognition. i really want to learn this path i have already read some information and i have meditated on it i am sure this is the right path for me. can any one offer up some help tips or maybe some really good sources?
thanks and blessings,
FW

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:40 pm 

The 3 K's, knowledge, knowledge, knowledge. All paths are different for everyone, but all hold one root.

Last edited by ojibway on Wed May 19, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:30 pm 

i have done some reading unfortuantly i cant find anything realy diffentive always wantgin money for classes or books. :shock:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:50 pm 

I seem to have a problem with paying for knowledge, being on a low fixed income I cannot afford it. Book resellers may offer the best bang for your buck, there is always libraires as well, their free. The internet of course has a wealth of information, I personally do not limit knowledge to one subset of beliefs, I am researching all of them.

Last edited by ojibway on Wed May 19, 2010 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:24 pm 

i also am which is how i came to being pagan.....but i incorporate alot of buhdist beliefs and practies and now im looking to add some knowledge from my roots one of my core beliefs is a student willing to learn should not have to pay but thanks to the need to make money in this world such a practice is almost impossible. though in the pagan community i have found some individuals who donate and give books and stuff for free.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:06 pm 

I also believe that knowledge should be given freely, I have a tendency to dismiss those who give knowledge in exchange for money. Money is the system, and we are, however, dependent on the system. I do not blame them for what they do, rightfully or wrongfully, their knowledge may not be getting to the proper people. Some book resellers have programs whereby you can buy books and then read them, and then sell then back so you can read more books.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:12 am 

Everything you need you already have,in shamanism its going to be about how you do it not how this or that author,these things will give you a lot to think about but they will also add to the things you will have to overcome to get were you need to be,you need to find what works for you,commune with the spirit trust in you inner voice and intuition,what works for one could be poison for you and add years to your quest for ability,learn to focus your mind and your feelings and listen or feel what comes back,evry plant and animal that crosses your path can help you learn shamanism,be honest be open and be patient,the hardest part will be learning to trust yourself,your mind says this is much too simple how can this work,its about trust,trust yourself,to know yourself is to know the problem,teach someone else to know themselves and youve experienced shamanic healing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 pm 

I think Tony wrapped it all up. The next step is some practical application.

By the way guys, I'm on an organic farm project in Maryland. I'm looking for volunteers to help with the farming. If anyone wants to come help and camp on the property, I'll give all the free lessons you can handle.

We have a Facebook profile Distillery Farm. Hope that wasn't considered spam, just puttin' out the word there is a free meeting place.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:56 pm 

If you are being called by the spirits they will help you to find the information you need. In the past, before money became the driving force in most societies, knowledge was paid for by service. An apprentice would do most of the crappy stuff around the place, slopping out, making meals, washing, cleaning etc. It was not an easy choice in life to spend your days working, then spend your nights learning and undergoing arduous spiritual tasks but it did prepare initiates for the life of service ahead where a healer may well have to work all day to grow food and tend animals then work at night healing and helping those in their community.

Nowadays we don't have the same system so often we are expected to work hard to get the required energy (money) together to have access to the knowledge we seek. When we continually prove ourselves spirit opens doors and brings teachers into our lives.

I feel that it is a fallacy to believe that we get anything for free, 1st nation teachers usually exact a price for their knowledge, even if it does not directly go to them. Some expect that you fly half way around the world several times a year. For someone on a VERY limited income, that is nigh impossible but we are being asked to trust and to do what is necessary to get there. The teacher makes nothing out of it, but you still have to come up with the means to travel there. Whatever price is being exacted right now, perhaps consider just why you are so reluctant to find that money, is it worth it? If it isn't worth it, is it the wrong book/information or are you not ready to put your spiritual path first?

We are few of us living as subsistence farmers or nomadic tribes any more, money IS the way we have to live so to deny the price of knowledge and a living to someone else (books don't print themselves for free) is problematic in my opinion.

Of course, there are those who use the spiritual aspirations of others to make money - learning to avoid these is something we all have to run the gauntlet of.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help