Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Beginning my shamanic Journey, I will need guidance
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:33 pm 

Hello all

This is my first post on this forum, please bare with me here.

Hi, I was wondering, whats the best organization,, or shaman, or some type of healer that will generally teach me shamanism? I have a quest, to go to Peru, The Amazon, Peru, Togo, Malawi, South Africa, West Benin, Sibera(bonpo), And contact Native americans to teach me shamanism, I'd like to learn shamanism in all these countries, but i'd like to start now until i get the money to travel to these places.

Maybe i can manifest the money to go if i enter the spirit world, and get to know my guides and the spirits that help me.

which direction should I start. and where do i find a main start to connect to the spirit world. book, organizations, videos, tutorials, whatever, ill appreciate the help.

Thank you
Astral Shaman

Post subject: Re: Beginning my shamanic Journey, I will need guidance
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 pm 

astralshaman wrote:
Hello all

This is my first post on this forum, please bare with me here.

Hi, I was wondering, whats the best organization,, or shaman, or some type of healer that will generally teach me shamanism? I have a quest, to go to Peru, The Amazon, Peru, Togo, Malawi, South Africa, West Benin, Sibera(bonpo), And contact Native americans to teach me shamanism, I'd like to learn shamanism in all these countries, but i'd like to start now until i get the money to travel to these places.

Maybe i can manifest the money to go if i enter the spirit world, and get to know my guides and the spirits that help me.

which direction should I start. and where do i find a main start to connect to the spirit world. book, organizations, videos, tutorials, whatever, ill appreciate the help.

Thank you
Astral Shaman

I guess you won't appreciate this answer, but the truth is you will teach you shamanism...

Ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi), with or without added Mimosa Hostilis. Also "Peruvian torch cactus (Trichocereus peruvianus)". Erowid is a great resource for entheogens if your unfamiliar.

Chanting (eg "gayatri mantra" or "i am a cool dude"), chi gung, pranayama, kundalini yoga, laughing, seeing others as you. Doing what you feel is right (for you) instead of convenient. Also "ADA" or "All day awareness". It's being aware 24/7 of everything, breath, the sensation of your clothes, thhe wind, being touched, hairs ticklng ect, as much as possible as often as possible.

Here's a article on "psychedelic yoga", including techniques. http://deoxy.org/psychedelicyoga.htm

For all i've mentioned there are loads of videos on youtube or easily found via search engine. Really i'd recomend psychedelics and to focus your attention on what's important to you.

Post subject: Re: Beginning my shamanic Journey, I will need guidance
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:36 pm 

Hi astralshaman :)

I would advice you to go out into nature. All those countries would be wonderful to visit and I hope you will, but nature you can find everywhere, and that is where you'll find your greatest teachers. Books and workshops and human guides are extremely valuable, but there is no person who can give you what nature gives. If you don't have wilderness near you, you can start with going to a park or maybe a beach. Be still and listen. Use your breathing to empty your head. Use all of your senses, first concentrate on one at a time: look, listen, touch, smell, feel... Give each one time, don't expect anything to happen in 5 minutes or 20 or even an hour. Learn to focus!

I would not recommend anyone to start with taking entheogens. They are great spirit-teachers but absolutely not necessary and I think it's important to learn to work without them.

-Mielikki

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help