Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Apparently quite strong, definitely confused. Help!
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:27 am 

So, I've always been attracted to the spirituality of Wicca, Druidism and such. I tried a Wicca group once, but for the most part I've been sort of interested from the sidelines.
Weird things have been happening all my life though - hence the interest.
Then a woman came up to me and said she received a dream about me through a spirit. Apparently she caught a glimpse of my past life as a shaman, and that the spirit indicated that this was important for me to know. I was skeptical at first, but as she recounted the dream she mentioned things about me that I'd never told her, that only people from the Wicca group would have known. She went on to tell me I have very strong energy that would need training to access fully.
There was a couple other things too, but suffice to say for now, I desperately need guidance. I mean, I'm still quite young... I guess my question is "what now?"

Post subject: Re: Apparently quite strong, definitely confused. Help!
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 am 

Well, there is no need of hurry. There is great number of people, who have strong energies, but have no knowledge how to utilize it.

My suggestion here is, that you buy or borrow Michael Harner's book "Way of the Shaman". It has some useful practices and may lead you to contact with your spirit ally, who will guide you further. Even the book and author is much criticized, it will give basic understanding of shamanism overall. If it is shamanism you feel drawn towards, you could attend either local drumming group or try to get into basic workshops for personal guidance. That is the way, how most people get first introductions into field in Europe.

There is great deal of other ways to develop one's skills and knowledge. Local library can be invaluable for gaining larger picture, what kind of techniques there is to choose from. Take your time and listen your intuition, what way feels good.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help