Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: Advice and help? I'm new and untrained...
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 am 

And self-teaching is mighty hard! I don't know what I should believe in or what's often done within the community, but I know I'm on the right path.

I have never felt more at piece and more in connection with a grater power since I began to acknowledge and practice what I've learned, even if little untaught me might have been doing it wrong!

I've always been very in-tune with things, I could tell where there was life without seeing it or having any other describable sense pick it up-- there was just the breath of things. Now this tells me a great deal about things and I've always valued it-- there's texture and flow and colors, and it's all fantastic and beautiful.

I think the first thing that struck me as odd (I've always been able to sense 'breath' and so it never seemed strange to me) was seeing a strangely bird-shaped comet during a meteor shower. It had two tails off to either side that curved back at the ends and had a beautiful flame between the two, which at the time made me awestruck. I called it my phoenix.

As I grew older, I began to have visions. Premonitions, sometimes years in advance. Bizarre, tiny things that didn't make sense but always played out perfectly. Whenever I tried to throw them off I made myself feel nauseous and got a nasty squeezing in my chest, and things just didn't feel right, so I decided to go with them.

I've followed what my senses have told me through these things and was lead to shamanism. I've always found myself (disturbingly to some) rather creature like, and perfectly comfortable in the action... so I began to pay more attention to animals.

This didn't lead me to any conclusion beyond the fact that animals are rather good company.

...Skipping a bit of time...

After a large amount of research that made me feel like I didn't really know anything at all and simply had to look inward, I went on a spirit journey.

There I found mist and felt my own breath going in and out as a tide would, and there I found what must have been my spirit animal. I felt it well before I ever saw it, and now that I've seen it I'm not sure if I've done this right.

At first I felt feathers, and then scales-- and yet there were still feathers. I was so unsure, but then I began to see it. It was indeed a snake, but it had feathers in place of some scales. To my knowledge no creature has ever existed, and thus my spirit animal was found to be a mythical animal...? I'm very confused by this, I didn't think that such a thing was possible. I feel as though being self taught might have lead me to do something wrong-- or maybe I have an overactive imagination.

Either way, I would really like some advice or pointers... I don't know much of what I'm doing or what is going on, but I would very, very (with all my heart) like to learn.

Post subject: Re: Advice and help? I'm new and untrained...
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:25 pm 

Hi Sigma,
A spirit animal helper does not have to look like any"real" earth animal.Just like the phoenix,which you saw in sky,the feathered snake in your vision is legitimate and powerful.Communicate with it.
For your information,the Toltecs and the Aztecs worshiped a feathered serpent,creator god and patron of rulers,priests and merchants.The name of the feathered serpent god is:Quetzalcoatl .
You are doing well with your quest.
oracledreamhealer.

oracledreamhealer:blog email:sagedreamscanada@yahoo.ca

Post subject: Re: Advice and help? I'm new and untrained...
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:31 pm 

I would like to add to my answer,that if you don't feel comfortable with the feathered snake,perhaps it is not your own spirit animal.It may also be one of several spirit animals,which you may have.A mythic creature is an archetype-a universal symbol or energy type.

Google my name:oracledreamhealer- as one word
[unless you feel uncomfortable with me.]

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help