Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help

Post subject: A new world Im having trouble understanding
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:48 am 

I'm 17 and have been brought up in a regular western middle class family through my whole life. Last year I found the book "Way of the Shaman" in my desk and its actively been changing my life since. I started to learn about shamanism first in slight skepticism, due to the strong cultural interference that we all know exists. But as time went on I started to understand the workings of the mother under my feet, the energies that flow through our bodies like water, the oneness that we all can feel with the earth! I had done magic mushrooms twice before but nothing can amount to what LSD did for me and my 2 greatest friends in my life. All at once I understood that my life is not holding enough significance and I need to learn to connect with the great spirit, and by need I mean its of absolute importance, more important than money, more important than my own insignificance. I decided that night that I could not go to college, that after high school I had to go and understand. Just go! GO. I cannot continue with my culture, because I do not agree with the white man. When you understand that your people's way is not the way, then it is not the way for you. So you have to make a change. So now I have all these great philosophies swirling through my head, many of which afterward I found in writings from other men. Now I've got this great need to leave my unsustainable life and go out and live on the earth. So I figure I need to go join a commune of a sort, I'm moving next June.
The worst part is however. No one understands me, when I speak the philosophies that I believe to be great words. My peers slink in confusion and tell me that I'm a hippie or I'm weird. But its not that, THEY are the ones in confusion, and I'm the one in the process of obtaining great knowledge that has been just so recently lost in man. So I ask HELP! I need guidance.

Post subject: Re: A new world Im having trouble understanding
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:15 am 

Are you sure that your goal/destiny is not in western countries ? It s not easy but it might be a way of life, explaining and teaching others about shamanism...
If you wanna live like a shaman very few people will understand you, no matter where you live... so you need to decide. Make a choice and follow it, but dont except others to believe you and see live the way you do

good luck !

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:30 am 

Going to college did not conflict significantly one bit with my being in touch with spirit. It actually taught me some valuable lessons that I use.

Why do you feel disconnected?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:27 pm 

I feel disconnected because so few people understand me, or even take me seriously. I try hard to get my friends I've been friends with for so long to understand, but I understand that its futile.
Money is not of concern to me much right now. Connecting with the spirit is the most important. College really would be too much for me right now, between the partying and intensive studying I could not sit down and meditate for very long and really begin to understand the secrets unfold.
Besides... there's this thing called 2012 coming up. The world is going to have another global change of mind, and I believe I'm feeling it a little sooner than the rest. All of these events in my life are leading up to my great future and I'm sure of it. Every time I think about it I get goosebumps and a great feeling within my heart that tells me that it is the right path.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:11 am 

I had the opportunity to spend a year in Germany as an Exchange Student with the Rotary Club while I was your age. It was a life changing and defining time that opened my eyes to a wider world and different experiences than any of my peers in Texas.

When I returned, I was able to 'read' people with an ease the appeared to be psychic. When I'd arrived in Germany, I didn't speak a lot of German, and had to learn it while I was there. It had forced my to expand my focus of understanding somewhat to function when I didn't understand the language. Was this an awakened psychic ability, I don't know. I never really thought about it. In fact, if not for my friends, I never would have noticed it.

Those same friends, who initially showed excitement, gradually faded into the background. What they had initially accepted with such enthusiasm had become something to fear, a source of mistrust.

Expecting your friends to understand is a bit unrealistic. Yes, it hurts and you have to try, I get that. College is different. Where HS is all about who's who and related to who in an aquarium, college encourages a lot more individualism and unique expression. Not only are there more students with broad interests, but a number of them, probably not significant, will at least help you feel less isolated and alone.

Just think, after you graduate, you would have left most of your friends behind anyway, and starting over anywhere is pretty much the same.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:11 am 

It s normal that you feel 2012 already, 2012 is the very end of the changement but it has started..
About friends, i had and well i have the same problems... You have to learn not to talk about spirituality too much. And remember you are on Earth as for now, and life doesnt last so long lol :P
Take your time to find how you ll be happy, what fits you, etc.
Listen and learn about spirits but dont forget to enjoy life !
:mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 am 

I agree with Iris; learn not to talk too much about spirituality. It is an inner experience and when you talk about it - especially when trying to convince people who aren't really interested - you throw part of your experience and energy away.
When your life circumstances aren't the way you like, ask the spirits for help to find peace within the circumstances and an opening to the life/commune/place you are looking for, then relax, forget about it and stay practical with an open mind. In this way you your intent and then let it do it's work without you pushing it and then perspectives and openings may show up that you couldn't have imagined for yourself. Enjoy.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:28 am 

Hi.
I am living and working in Mexico.

I feel that this movie might give you some extra insights.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/wakeup/

Sending Love & Light...

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Help