Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Winter Solstice
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:21 pm 

How will you celebrate the Winter solstice?

This is the time to celebrate the transition of dark vs light; cold vs warmth; shortage vs abundance; death vs light.

This time is also the longing of the soul's journey, to re-examine our life so that we may come back into balance with the natural energies and ourselves.

Winter solstice is the time to acknowledge and honor that which is uncomfortable, the places of fear and death; to recognize what needs to be allowed to die.

Honoring the good is easy. Honoring the difficult frees us from all.

Join me in Fire ceremony to honor those places, those things within ourselves that need to be faced, brought into the Light, so that we may fully experience Spirit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:46 pm 

Can you describe the fire ceremony you speak of?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:15 am 

Fire is one of the main ways to transform energy. This is the perfect method of releasing prayers or intent into the universe to become part of the whole.

Fire can be big, like in a fire place or outdoor pit for many to participate, or as intimate as a candle on a table for you alone.

I put a small stick into the Fire that I have blown the intent of something I'd like to rid from my past or a prayer of thanks. I have also brought pictures, drawings, or intentions written on pieces of paper for release by Fire. As the stick burns, it releases the intent into the universe, carrying the prayers and gratitude for all that is. I also include a "community stick" to bring blessings to all of life.

The Fire transforms the energy in the sticks and move it to the highest spiritual path. I then "wash" myself in the smoke, bringing it into my base nature, my heart and my third eye, so that it enriches my life, fills my heart and opens my eyes to the Wisdoms of the Spirits.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 am 

Rachara El,I like the sound of this,I would like to try it in a pipe ceremony,blowing my intent on a pinch of ceremonial tobacco,lighting it and letting it wash over me as I blow it out to the world and the spirit,It feels right. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:42 pm 

Once in our local circle we used a fire/stick ceremony for letting go. We each were to think of something we no longer needed, focus it into a stick, then take it home and at a fire break the stick and burn it, releasing it. I can see the benefits of using the stick to focus intent (burning it whole and bathing in the smoke).

I haven't finished my calumet yet, but I do use a cigarette in my morning ceremony. For example, as I honor each direction, I wave a smouldering sage leaf towards it, then I blow the cigarette smoke to it. My cigarettes are hand-made (based on stuffyourown.com materials).

The calumet will take a very long time, because I am making it with no other tools than some rocks I picked up on the train tracks. I could do it faster with power tools, but working the pipestone with rocks gives me peace. Maybe it's a zen thing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 am 

With Pipestone slower is better,remember that when your drilling the hole,oh,might wear a bandanna over your face if a paper mask isnt preferred,and be prepared for a mess,that catlinite gets on everything,if thats what your using,dont try to seal it with anything,the tobacco will take care of that,but the stone needs to breath to smoke really well,a lot of opinions differ,but this is my experience,no matter what kind of stone your working with wear something over your face when you start drilling,enjoy the journey. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 pm 

Yes, catlinite (if my supplier is honest). No need to cover eyes, though, because "drilling" means taking a sliver of rock and scratching into the hole whenever I find myself in still places, especially while waiting for a bus. We're talking maybe 1 millimeter in a week. It has become a nice conversation piece with other riders.

I've heard of people finishing with beeswax on the outside. What is your opinion of that?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:45 am 

Beeswax makes it shinney and more presentable for spam but that bowls gonna get hot,that wax wont last long,a little rouge and some hand buffing will polish it up just fine but I would'nt try sealing it with anything unless you have a problem with how it smokes,try it first for a few weeks,and see how you like it,if you do happen to have trouble you can coat the outside with some shellac, a few coats with a small brush should be fine,shellac comes from insect skeletal casings shed naturally disolved in alcohol,originally comes from india,been used for centuries,the alcohol evaporates leaving the natural shell coating of the insect,or you could stick with beeswax just reeaplying after a few uses as per your personal preference and depending on how much you put it to use,careful about casual use of this pipe,understand that when you smoke it you are calling the spirits to you,you dont want to trivialize that with habitual use as this may cause some negative spiritual energy to your person,like crank calling on the phone,you know ,but with your spirit guides,could cause you no end of difficulty,just a heads up ,I'm too inexperienced to instruct as it were,just one friend to another. 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm 

Anthony Bellah wrote:
I would like to try it in a pipe ceremony, blowing my intent on a pinch of ceremonial tobacco, lighting it and letting it wash over me as I blow it out to the world and the spirit

did you do this? The visual description is beautiful.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:46 pm 

Yes I did,seems right for me, I'd like a good fire and even have a steel fire pit with a screen that folds down making like a ball with a fire in it,about 4 1/2 ft wide,the problem is where I live we've been under a Burn Ban for about two years,someone called the fire dept,on a guy for lighting a grill,a little excessive, The Pipe ceremony's very relaxing and I get a good feeling back from the spirit, Its not very intrusive,and a lot of animals seemed comfortable enough to come really close,the neighbors are still wondering who I was talking to lol lol,I hope to try it in the evening with a clear and respectful intent and just sit and enjoy the company. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:48 pm 

Greetings all. We (my b/f and his daughter, my son and I) do a similar fire ritual for the solstices and equinoxes. For the Winter Solstice we wrote on a piece of paper things we wish to banish (bad habits, negative thought patterns, people) and things we wish to feed and evoke. We did a small ritual and fed the paper to the fire. In addition, we did a burning ritual for deceased love ones. We braved very cold temperatures and used cedar chips from my carving and white sage from last summer's garden to get it lit and going well.

I am honoured to be here and am enjoying reading all of your posts. Peace!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:52 pm 

Anthony Bellah wrote:
With Pipestone slower is better,remember that when your drilling the hole,oh,might wear a bandanna over your face if a paper mask isnt preferred,and be prepared for a mess,that catlinite gets on everything,if thats what your using,dont try to seal it with anything,the tobacco will take care of that,but the stone needs to breath to smoke really well,a lot of opinions differ,but this is my experience,no matter what kind of stone your working with wear something over your face when you start drilling,enjoy the journey. :D

I wouldn't try to seal the inside with anything. I was taught to use bee's wax to seal the outside. One good part about this is it tends to keep you from rubbing little bits off when you hold it. One more note. The dust has the same consistency as Talc and Talc is just like asbestos.

We wouldn't want you to have to heal something else as well.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing