Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: What to do about a "punch to the spirit"
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:33 pm 

Brothers and Sisters,

This is related to my thread about my patient "with the spooky problem", but is important enough to rate its own thread.

My patient suffers from a unique symptom that is different from a terrorized mind, he describes it as a "punch in the spirit". The description defines the symptom: whenever he thinks about the "dangerous individual" who so freaked him out, he suffers what feels like a physical punch just beneath the Solar Plexus. This is accompanied by the curling of his toes and a chill that radiates out from the impact point.

The symptoms last about 15 seconds.

I hardly claim to know everything about shamanism, since I have only been one since my awakening from a coma in 2009. I study every day from widely accepted material.

I need the input of shaman who have dealt with this symptom before, and what worked on your patient.

Thank you in advance.

Old Rivers

Post subject: Re: What to do about a "punch to the spirit"
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:24 pm 

Hi Old Rivers!

This is almost certainly a "projection phenomenon"....

Self-hatred is a "feel bad" negative spiritual/emotional state which none of us like to feel, and few of us know how to release or transform in a way that will not be self-sabotaging.

Self-hatred is an energetic phenomenon and of course energy cannot be destroyed - only moved from one place to another or tansformed in format. Quite often people will simply avoid the discomfort of Self-hatred by disconnecting or rperessing mind/awareness of it. The Self-hatred does not go away - it is simply HELD in a "DENIED" form in the energy field of the psyche.

Self-hatred is a dynamic [vibrating/trying to move/trying to come into awareness] energy which does not belong in the psyche, so when it is blocked from being "owned" in the "in here" aspect of our reality, it gets PROJECTED out into the "out there" part of our reality. So folks who hold a lot of self-hatred are very prone to hating others and are conflict-prone - creating ENEMIES, even imaginary enemies or visionary archetypal forms as in dreams or visionary journeys that have alarming "demonic" or "alien" forms in them and destructive or potentially destructive content [hatred being an extremely destructive form of energy].

When subconscious self-hatred is denied/repressed and therefore projected, the object/person/image it is projected onto is viewed as hating and attacking the self. This can even be experienced physically at the psychic/energetic level. Failure to recognise the nature of this phenomenon of projection can result in some pretty unskilful healing work if we are not careful! - it can drives a lot of inappropriate "psychic protection" activity which just perpetuates the underlying aspect of low self-esteem, superstition and even paranoia.

Once your client's subconscious urge to attack/punish himself is brought into conscious awareness, the [literally!] vicious cycle of self-disempowerment can stop and the "give away power" of this can begin to transform into a virtuous cycle of self-forgivenes/self-support/self-love.

A poem about projection of self-hatred:
http://www.stress-counselling.co.uk/sunflower/STRESS/HATE.HTM
Videos about building healthy self-esteem:
www.stress-counselling.co.uk/sunflower/STRESS/self-esteem.htm

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:40 pm 

The dynamics of the "projected self-hatred" phenomenon are very KARMIC [we reap what we sow] and beautifully dramatised in the TV series "My Name Is Earl":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Name_Is_Earl

Transforming a self-hatred cycle to a positive self-love cycle can only effectively grow from tracking back and reappraising/appeasing the situations which led to the self-hatred - often situations where we feel we let ourself, or significant other people, down, or where we blamed ourself or accepted blame from others for a "feel-bad" experience.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:16 am 

brothermichael,

Thank you very much for the energy you put into both of your replies. They are much appreciated.

I have taken your first reply and will incorporate it into some questions to my client at our next session. Additionally, I will ask the assistance of my guides and power animals to surround my client with positive energy and a warm feeling of safety, so that he feels free to explore parts of his past that may contribute to weak places in his aura that would allow the negative energy of others to not only get through and hurt him, but combine with his own negative energies that have found their way to his aura and increase the agonizing pain he receives.

BTW, he has taken my recommendation and is getting a physical exam and bloodwork today. I always search for organic causes of pain, as well as strictly spiritual. Naturally, an organic dis-ease always has a spiritual connection, so I tap into western medicine to answer questions too.

As for "My name is Earl", you and I are in complete agreement. I love the way karma is depicted in each episode. That crazy program is actually teaching laws of karma to the audience. I love it and recommend it.

Thanks again for sharing valuable information. I am really thankful that Talking Stick forum exists; it allows both shaman and the suffering to gather and share information. Like so many things in life, the information here must be weighed for truth; but overall I find people on Talking Stick to be sincere.

Old Rivers

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 am 

Go Well! Old Rivers, I will be interested to hear of any further developments with your client.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing