Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: What happen in shamanic healing
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:07 pm 

Hi,
I'm looking for a shamanic healer and I was wondering if people can warn, or suggest what I should look for after and during a session. Does it really works?

Thanks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm 

What you should look for varies quite a lot depending on the individual style of the shamanic practicioner. Some may give you tasks to do before hand. Some will ask you to simply lay quietly in front of them while they drum, sing, dance or whatever and while they of course journey to their helping spirits and allies on your behalf. Others my provide you with a running narrative of what they are seeing and doing in their journey. Afterwards they may or may not give you some instructions of things you need to do to complete the healing or whatever you gave them as your desired intention.

If you're looking for a practicioner in your area check out the 700 members of the Society of Shamanic Practicioners at http://www.shamansociety.org Dennis

Post subject: Healing
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:52 pm 

Their are many different methods of healing, and in the symbolic sense, you will deal with some demons & dragons on your journey, but ultimately you should gradually end up more deeply grounded into your body. As opposed to feeling spaced out or more disconnected. The spiritual journey always brings us back home, back to our birth rite, back into our body. It's the horror (aka demons & dragons) that keeps us from coming back home.
A shaman or healer creates a sacred space so you can hold the horror in consciousness. As your gaze stays upon the horror, you "retrieve" that part for yourself. To put it simply, you take that part of yourself back from the demon. This makes you stronger, & the "devil" a little weaker. You'll face more "shadow" material when you have a trusted guide go with you. It's easy to say, but remember, we are very multidimensional, & unfortunately we are pretty "comfortably numb". A shaman can take you as far as he has gone. If your stagnating, it's most often your resistance, but if it persists, you might have hit your guides "edge", or in this case "boundary". :idea:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:35 am 

Shadow: Hi! I am confused. Shamans 'journey' and heal with the aid of their helping spirits. The experiences you describe make more sense in terms of graphic novels, comic books and computer games than they do with shamanic journey work. Dennis

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing