Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Wasted Talent or just bad timing?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:26 pm 

I offer my healings for free and have done a few in the past...for some reason though nobody seems to need it right now and I haven't done a healing on anyone for a while. Is this a waste of talent or bad timing? Another thing, would the spirits be upset if I wasn't doing healing work or do they have something in the works for me that I don't know about right now? It's like I'm just hanging around with this great gift to share with my brothers and sisters but for some reason it's not getting used, it's very frustrating right now and it feels like I'm wasting my time with this hum-drum rat race job I have to pay the bills. Thoughts on this anyone?

Kodiak
:?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:27 am 

Kodiak
It's a question of patience and a test of it also. I am in the same boat as you. I have found it to be more about learning to be a path of healers for healers.

When a healer is burdened and drained another healer may need to assist.
Just as a surgeon may need extra skilled surgeons to assist in major operations. It is sometimes difficult for a healer to recognise it and accept help.

To be a healer for other healers requires a long period of rest and then a major task of assistance to another healer who may have many others under their own wings. Then another long period of rest again. The idea is not to upset the healer and their patients but to assist them by providing extra light and inspiration to correct any compass malfunctions they may have overlooked. It's an extra pair of eyes and hands on deck when the weather get's stormy up ahead.

It may be that you are moving into that phase of your spiritual growth, as an experienced healer for others it is time to re-evaluate your own life and make clearing a priority so that you are ready to become a healer for other healers that may be bogged down.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:49 am 

:?: I'm a healer of healer's? That sounds pretty big for someone, I'm just a 31 year old guy with special gifts, I never really think of myself as anything great. I'm Just a guy who doesn't fit into any mold or "click" of people. I guess that's why I feel isolated from my fellow brothers and sisters of the Mother Earth.
KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:03 am 

Greetings Kodiak

Healers are great at what they do. Until ego begins to seep in and monetary greed carries them away from the source of Mother Earth.
You are lucky to avoid that path by being just you. And that is what makes you different. That is also a good thing.

It is the simple caring healers that give much more than they receive to the planet and inhabitants that retain their continous connection to the universal energy to carry out their work. The reason being is because it is those people that are more intouch with the realities of life and happiness, and at the same time more sensitive to those feelings in others.

I do not ask for any payment in my spiritual work, only friendship, and my main form of paid work is not as a healer as such. I still consider my main passion for living is to be a healer for healers and others by just being and breathing, and my rewards are unlimited from divine source.
That is a reward that I will not place a monetary value upon because it is priceless and not for spam at this point. I don't condone those that wish to charge for their services if they have that as their main form of income, however I know that to do so, their focus can at times, waver because of the money issue and then it becomes a stressful task to balance money with spiritual values. I guess it's abit like taking a huge loan to buy a fancy house and then not being able to make the repayments.

I guess what I speak about is the difference between a direct continous connection to source unlimited and unbounded and free, and a competitive market place for spiritual sellers that have to share the timeslots. I am of the first kind and always have been.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:42 pm 

When I first started down my path I thought to myself that I should charge paople for my work and so I got all the materialistic "toys" into place but something didn't click with me. My initial healings were free just so I could learn and see what I was truly capable of doing which amazed me. I even went so far as to get really nicely done business cards made up.....Then I spoke with a Lakota Medicine woman who asked me "do real Shamans carry business cards?...either way is acceptable but you must now make a choice as to how you will go from here.".....I burned the business cards and will do my work for free. That is my path. :D

KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:52 pm 

Welcome to my world Kodiak

Elizabeth :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:02 pm 

We should have coffee someday! LOL! :D

kodiak

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:08 am 

LOL!!

Agreed!

Where and when?

My country or yours.

Anyone else want to join us for coffee?

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:24 am 

I wouldn't mind seeing Australia...All the Aussies here in Steamboat I have met are the most facinating people I know! You have to buy the coffee though because plane tickets aren't cheap!!

Kodiak
8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:41 am 

Greetings Kodiak.

I'm sure coffee can be arranged.

Who knows one day I might make it to America... but for now, I have to care for my own country.

The weeds in the garden are my friends... even though the neighbours may not agree.

Elizabeth

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing