Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: The Crows
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:23 pm 

The crows went absolutely crazy yesterday when I tried to leave the house. After several minutes of frantic screaming caws, making a huge scene, I finally whistled for them to stop. They were singling me out and it was both alarming and embarrassing. I always whistle when I talk to them, so we kind of have a language we speak.

When I whistled, they all flew out from the trees across the street and over my driveway, straight over my head, about four, in a circle, about four feet above my head. I ducked.

Then I finally left while they screamed after me.

When I came home a few minutes later, the commotion had passed. Thankfully. I heard some angry cawing in the distance, but the focus was off me.

I have a long standing relationship and friendship with the crows, and ravens, and other birds, but mostly crows because they are attention hogs and they're constantly within my range of sight - perched like sentinels on phone wires watching me inside my home - occasionally swooping my living room window to get a better peek inside.

The crows..

I don't know what it's about.

I'm getting more comfortable with "magic" on the whole but sometimes it's still pretty disconcerting.

Post subject: Re: The Crows
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:27 pm 

I figured it out. During the early evening the day before, I went across the street in response to a nest of baby crows crying out. So I thought I'd keep them company and try to teach them English. I still haven't given up on that. The parents came by and were none too pleased.

So the next day, (yesterday) they were waiting for me to leave the house so they could give me what for.

After posting this, Mr. and Mrs. Crow came by with their two young ones to visit me at my house.

I fed them all bread. They are happy now, and now I know not to go over, no matter how pathetic the little ones sound. Honestly, they sound almost like real babies. Kind of hard to resist.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:06 pm 

Ever since I started connecting with crows, around 2010, I have tried to feed them many times. While they sometimes partook, they more often than not, did not. So my relationship with them wasn't based on food.

Ever since that day I fed the family of crows, which I posted about in this thread, they have been insisting I feed them.

So today, I'm dancing, and a crow, raven actually, lands on my porch. Then she started pecking at the parcels of mulch.

I figured she wanted food, but when I went out to feed her, the food I had put out earlier was still there.

For awhile during my routine, I was starving, but I hate stopping in the middle. I grabbed a banana. The raven flew off.

I think she was telling ME to eat something!

Plus she said "hello" several times. Not perfectly, but definitely a grand attempt at "hello". How cool is that?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:32 pm 

I have been adopted by a family of crows. I have adopted a family of crows.

They look out for me, I feed them.

I get dirty looks from some of the men in town when I'm working out in my living room.

The crows know who they are.

Now they get swooped if they even look in my direction.

I love my crows.

They love me.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:10 pm 

When all this really started up roughly 5 years ago, my noticing things that I didn't notice before, I also noticed, or maybe I didn't, how over excited I got.

I became aware, around ten years ago, that I overstimulate easily.

I have had profound relief from that over the last year or so. It's been effing awesome.

I have never know comfort or relaxation in my life. I have not missed the heady overstimulated feelings.

But they are back today.

They're back, because I've had a major break through, well actually two major break throughs with crow language.

I'm so giddy I can hardly type.

I'll be back later when I've calmed down to elaborate.

***runs off giggling***

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 pm 

Ok, crow language.

I have learned that they have an outdoor voice and an indoor voice.

I have learned what Mrs. Crow calls Mr. Crow when he's returning to the nest.

She was sitting on top of the phone pole, he flew by, she let out a series of caws as he did.

He descended into the grove of trees across the street, and I did a very bad imitation of the caw. He responded - with a squawk that sounded like a groan, as if he was rolling his eyes at my bad cawing.

The next day, she perched herself on the sacks of much on my porch.

She began cooing and clicking.

I noticed a different series of clicking with each coo.

So I cooed back, and repeated the pattern of clicks by tapping my fingernail on the metal outside my window.

After I had done this perfectly a few times, she hopped right over to me.

I noticed she had bright silver legs that shone. She was actually a raven, not a crow. I call ravens crows. I know. Bad.

She lifted one of her legs so that it was perpendicular to the ground, exactly like the stretches I do during my routine - which they watch all the time.

In fact, when I put their food out, they won't eat it until I start my work out.

Then they all gather around the food and watch me dance while they eat.

The family of crows has become a "murder". They have all adopted me.

Speaking of murder - I've been receiving death threats.

Honestly, kill me already. Anyone who has been stalking me long enough ought to know by now how little I care anymore about this stuff.

This is how desperate people get when they want to control you.

When the threat of murder is no longer effective, murder itself is the ultimate control.

But how to do it, eh?

The murder has to have the resources and needs to be ready to lose his own life, one way, or another.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 pm 

Well the crows and ravens and I have settled into a habit and now I'm getting to know them individually.

The evidence that they understand and know far more about me than I do them is overwhelming, but that requires a separate post.

Luckily they tolerate my many limitations, knowing as much about me as they do.

There is one old crow who is looking the worse for wear by the day, but he still has good body mass, and all his body feathers. He just seems to be going bald up top.

Anyway, I closed my eyes and prayed for him, and every time I did, I saw a gold light inside his body. I think he became aware I saw that light, because he stood, transfixed while I meditated on this light inside him. It was kind of overwhelming, so I cut it short.

A few minutes later, the flock came by to tell me they love me. The caws were very very clear. The would only stop when i told them that I loved them back.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:03 am 

Thank you for sharing this story about the Crows and your developing relationship with them :)

It warms the heart. Thank you for caring for our brothers in this way - may you long dance together.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing