Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Sweat Lodge What has Been your Experince in these?
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm 

:) HI I'm NIghtWolf also know as Jimlilwolfcryin...
I'm interesting in finding out what others have exprinced in the Sweat Lodge.. I know most traditions use a form of Sweat to purify and Heal
he soul and Body... So I was hoping to start a form to share expriences in the Lodge.......

I frist HAd my heal as a young child of 4 yrs old when my Mother's Father use the Sweat to heal me of Rabies bite Yes we use western Meds too shots still scared the HELL outta me too this day and I'm 58yrs old!!! :wink:
But gramps using SweatLodge ANd it was so dark hot an I wanna out so badly I cried til He told stories and HE had quite a few old tales n songs to entain a young mind... 2-3 hours seem to fly on ravens wings or coyotes tail or waddle away on gradma turtle back I to this day
Give Creator Thanks for that loving wise old man who sat witha scared young child ina dark hot lil hut telling tales of older day till he drifted off
to slleep I alway wooke in my bed freshly washed in my PJ's with my bear tuck in my arms.... and I knew I'd be ok cause grampa told me SO
I always as I enter the LOdge now aday when I say Mitaki Ya owisin think of grandpa an say A thank you to Him too....
NightWolf

Post subject: Re: Sweat Lodge What has Been your Experince in these?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:04 pm 

my first experience was hot. and the leader was hard and would not let us out. a person passed out next to me which he let lye there on the ground for as long as the ceremony lasted. this was a endurance that I liked and it was powerful.

other sweats has been soft. and even cold some of them. I like them hot and tough on the body but also likes the leaders that will get people out if they cant handle the heat before they pass out.

my own sweats has been wonderful experiences and very relaxed because it has not been around strangers . and I was as the water pour in control with what happened.

I think I was healed for mental garbage better in there than anywhere else. it helps me live and be feel well. I need that sweat to function proper. no matter if I run them or someone else does I need that cleansing and I need that heat to control my disease. if I am without sweats for some time I have to take meds to cure pain and stuff and my kidneys are not working as good and I am feeling more in the mercy or my disease on all levels.

I found healing and love for our mother earth in the lodge. I found we are all related and I belong to nature and are a part of nature. nothing else could bring me that feeling and understanding at the same time before.

as example before a sweat once I noticed some animals that almost always comes by when there is sweats going on . frogs. for some reason I see them all the time now in relation to sweat lodges. then the weather changed for looking like rain to hot sun when they lighted the fire . after the sweat I felt a strong presence of deer in a area around a mile away. some people that been to the location told me that there really was a few deer they saw and took photos of. things like that happen all the time when I am in sweats. just natural and good. fourteen days it usually last and then back to normal. then all the modern world problems I suffer from comes back again. but I live for the feeling of being in tune with nature as the sweats brings me. this and praying on behalf of nature and relate to spirits are really what I live for in periods. its been long time since the last one. I forgot many things meanwhile. and have been sick and useless during these two years I been away from ceremony.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm 

I don't have much personal experience with these as access is hard. I would either have to build/buy one or buy a membership to a gym just for sauna purposes. That said, I know several healing traditions that use sweating to facilitate healing. I have issues sweating as it is and anything that can help with that is good. Things that i have heard helpful with include:

-detoxifying toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, bad past food choices, etc
-raising body temperature to stimulate metabolism
-killing of bad bugs/bacteria
-purifies lymph/encourages circulation

I plan to have a simple sweat lodge/sauna/steam room when i plan my future house. It seems that short, regular sittings are the most beneficial on a long-term basis.

-Joe

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 pm 

joej627 wrote:
I don't have much personal experience with these as access is hard. I would either have to build/buy one or buy a membership to a gym just for sauna purposes. That said, I know several healing traditions that use sweating to facilitate healing. I have issues sweating as it is and anything that can help with that is good. Things that i have heard helpful with include:

-detoxifying toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, bad past food choices, etc
-raising body temperature to stimulate metabolism
-killing of bad bugs/bacteria
-purifies lymph/encourages circulation

I plan to have a simple sweat lodge/sauna/steam room when i plan my future house. It seems that short, regular sittings are the most beneficial on a long-term basis.

-Joe

try read this http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sweatlodges%20%20medicinal%20use&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.health.sa.gov.au%2FPortals%2F0%2Fsweatlodgefs-pehs-sahealth-0909.pdf&ei=9Gr7T5m4Cqqn4gS-vYTYBg&usg=AFQjCNE91UA4pIHtOishPbwyHqMq9nFS6g&cad=rja

its very healing no doubt about that. there are certain things I just want to point out if you do not know this already , that risks are present but also it can be used for for lots of good thing as you heard its healthy practice and its documented here in full (as far as you can document such things ) other than the spiritual aspects of it. which I must say is where true healing occurs instead of just a sauna .

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:30 am 

Hi Jim,
I am in Northern California by the sacramento river. My spirit guide is a Huta Warrior with 3 known entities that showed me the past sweatlodge practise that killed 75,000 indians in 1833.

See hudson bay fur trappers came up the sacramento river with a bug called maleria. As you might know, this stain of maleria leaches oxygen out of the red blood cells and organs shut down due to no oxygen. So when fatigued and in pain, all went to sweatlodge and died. Some early witness said it was a horrific site, village after village with bodies everywhere. Later massacres were just as bad, and nobody respected culture back then but there is a spiritual side to sweatlodge and each tribe had their special usage, not just for health. see me at 1877chinatown.com Take Care Jim, Caretaker

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:59 pm 

I live in Nevada City California. I was taught to pour lodge by Grandfather Nelson Turtle. It took me many years to become a sweat leader. It takes many years to learn to do it right, and the permission of the one who taught you. This medicine is nothing to play with. You can't just bend some sticks,gather rocks, put blankets over the structure and go for it! That is way to dangerous as we can see by what happened at Angel Valley with James Wray, and another incident in El Dorado County,Ca in June 2001, two people died.
Sweat Medicine is dangerous if your not taught the proper steps of opening the participates, moving the energy, calling in the right spiritual aspects to the sweat, monitoring the participates for overheating or other circumstances...almost making sure that everyone is closed and steady after they leave the lodge to go back into normal life space. Learn to grid your lodge area so nothing comes in that's unwanted, learn the sacred songs and the sacred prayers - as these songs and prayers hold frequency that make vibrational changes in our spirit bodies. The knowledge to call the Thunderbeings safely to enter the lodge to transmute the energy and to take the prayers. To learn how many rocks to use for each round and how to call to the rocks to bring the medicine of the steam. How to do the proper prayer ties, how to set the pipemound, how to set the alter for what kind of sweat your doing and time of year your doing it. As well when to call a sweat down in proper manner if timing is showing itself its not a good time to sweat even though a sweat lodge was called. The prayers for Preperations before a lodge and the prayers done after and during the lodge.
There are so many factors and so many different lodges and so many different ways of the medicine. You can't learn it from a book, and you can't learn it in your head by yourself. Your either chosen to be a lodge leader by rites of passage, vision quest and pray a physical teacher shows up etc.

One of the scariest moments for me was when I was taking a westernized medicine class by a very famous woman author that teacher a shaman class on line and then has you mentored by a previous years student. In my case the student had been with the teacher for 10 years, she lived a couple of hours away from me. The assignment that came in this course was a meditation that came with that months learning packet about doing a meditation on a sweat lodge ceremony. The meditation was actually recorded by this famous author on a CD and the assignment was to sit and go through the meditation until you felt cleansed. At that point I connected to my assigned mentor and said this is crazy. This is not a way to do a sweat lodge and this is a dishonor to those who carry that medicine. Well after discussing my feelings with my assigned mentor I asked her if she has ever done a lodge. She oh yes all the time for the last 10 years. She tells me she's been doing this meditation for 10 years ! So I ask her have you ever been physically in a lodge, she says NO !!! I invited her to come and sit in lodge with me, she declined. I reexamed my values on who I call teacher !!! Or what I look for in a teacher. I dropped out of the 4 year program after that, the famous woman called me personally to ask why. I told her I have enjoyed her Shamanic Books from when she first wrote them 20 years ago but I see now she was teaching from her creative imagination and research yet it had no grounding in experience in this earth plane.

The Lodge was a gift to the people from the spirits and yet taught in a physical reality. I pray if someone is called to be a lodge leader then they seek the proper training to do so! It's a dishonor to those ancient ones to assume the privilege without the proper initiation and teaching to do so. Ago
Marza Millar - Blue Thundercloud

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 am 

I have done hundreds of sweat lodges. At one point in my life I was sweating about three or four times per week. I've had some profound experiences in the sweat, but I would caution anyone who is considering doing the sweat to investigate the leader. Because Native American spiritual practices have become so popular it's very easy for leaders to become seduced by the dark side. Everyone involved looks up to the water pourer and if that person is not well grounded it will distort the spiritual aspects.

Be suspicious if there is any exchange of money. Be wary of any leader who doesn't let people get out -- I'm appalled that a leader would let an unconscious person just lie there in the heat -- perhaps dying! Your own body and spirit should be your ultimate guide and authority. Be uneasy if the leader is surrounded by eager admirers. Sex and adoration are two of the most powerful ways a leader can be drawn away from the spiritual and into an ego trip. James Ray is a perfect example of how that works. My best experiences with the sweat of those conducted by well grounded people with NA or AA. I think that is because the 12-step program asks everyone to constantly examine your motives and be alert for the ways that ego will exploit to inflate itself.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing