Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should shamanic healing be free?
Would you pay for shamanic healing? 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Should it be up to the client to decide how much to pay for shamanic healing? 26%  26%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 58

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:34 am 

Barry

My vedic sign is shatabishak which is a horse.
My GreatGrand mother's Maiden name was Crow.

The mosquito is what calls to you to make the connection from this side and the other side of existance. Look a little closer at what you already have in your room "around and about" the mosquito. I am receiving a message as I type... If you go to the mosquito model and pick it up then as you hold in in your hands count to 10 slowly with your eyes closed. When you open your eyes look left and right, front and back and above and below and record everything that you see.... the first thing that "SEEMS" out of place.... (even if it has been there all the time.... something will SEEM out of place". If you can do that and return with the answers we can proceed from there.

The connection with the mosquito is a good start for you Barry.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:10 am 

Elizabeth,
I did what you said with the model mosquito. The only thing I noticed out of place was a small thin piece of wood about one inch long. It was on my right on a shelf and I have no idea how it got there,
Barry

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:34 am 

Barry

Well done.
The piece of wood tells me at this point that it is the actual size of your block that holds you back from happiness.

The size of the block you believe it to be is not the size of a mountain, it is infact the size of the small block on your shelf. Because it is on your right hand side it is issues from your past years. (Left hand side is future events). The shelf is symbolic of things left behind perhaps they are too hard or put "out of sight out of mind" to avoid dealing with them. Barry the block of wood (WOULD) is a compressed conglomerate of all the things that you fear and try so deperately to find reason for. It is a little like saying to a famous scientist, how long is a piece of string and it takes 500 scientists and 50 years of study, contemplation, and theories, calculations and debates to figure out the answer. When the answer is quite simply "it started out being <----> this big and then after 50 years we can't see the beginning or the end of it." The block of wood contains many atoms each of which hold a memory of every day of unhappiness, fear or confusion for you.

Barry after asking others in your house (if there is anyone that shares a house with you) if they own the piece of wood and the answer is no, take it with you to a park or quiet place away from your house. Study the wood carefully, as each atom within the block has it's own special name given to it by mother earth. Become aquainted with the wood and all it's smaller particles as you look at it. Look at the grains in the wood, notice the smooth and rough parts. Write a little note on the wood, of thanks to the tree that sacrificed it's life, hold it in your hands for a few minutes and feel it's texture. Remember that the thin piece of wood IS YOUR ENTIRE life problems squished and gathered all together in one tiny neat bundle. Talk to it if you have any questions at all. It may in fact be the most valuable item you posses because of the amount of blood, sweat and tears that have been poured into it over the years. Pay close attention to your surroundings, sights and sounds and see if you obtain the answers to your questions. When you have asked as many questions as you want, bury it in the dirt so that it can return to mother nature.
Pay homage through heartfelt thanks to the earth for all the trees that are sacrificed daily for human's use and then walk away from the site. Write down any emotions that surfaced and what signs from nature you received.

After you have done that let me know what you find.

Elizabeth

Post subject: Re: Should shamanic healing be offered free?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:50 am 

eagle1 wrote:
Lately some people were suggesting that all healing ceremonies should be given for free as it is work of spirits, and shamans are only messengers of spirit.

Some shamans I know claim that people should pay as an act of energy exchange, even symbolically. Historically people who seek a shaman help brought him food and other gifts.

As one shaman once told me. No body pays me for the healing. They pay me for my time.

I would love to hear your opinions.
Aho

I am a healer, and I often heal people for free. But I need to make a
living if I want to be able to financially support what I do.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:00 am 

Welcome Abdullah OH HO! :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:30 pm 

Foolshawk wrote:
Welcome Abdullah OH HO! :)

Peace be upon you, Foolshawk. Blessings from Creator.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 am 

the naodi should never expect recompense if it in any way brings tension to the situation being dealt with..it is a matter of personal honour to compensate for services rendered in this manner..that is to say...should an individual possesing great wealth seek aid and withhold when one with very little does not..it reflects that individual and overall will determine their spiritual equilibrium...we must remember that these matters are essentially out of our hands and once we think of concepts such as control and material gain we inevitably corrupt ourselves

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:10 pm 

There needs to be some kind of energy exchange in any type of Shamanic encounter. A thousand years ago people brought us goats, chickens, firewood or their child as an apprentice. Now they give us pieces of paper with dead guys painted on them.

Bottom line: If you don't allow people to make the exchange, you are cheating them from the full circle. Look it up, it's a form of Black Magik.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:50 pm 

Quote:
Bottom line: If you don't allow people to make the exchange, you are cheating them from the full circle. Look it up, it's a form of Black Magik.

I agree...
Yes, people should pay for our service.
Then there's no karmic circle or whatsoever "pending".
The amount of payment though might be flexible...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:21 am 

Shaman Hawk wrote:
There needs to be some kind of energy exchange in any type of Shamanic encounter. A thousand years ago people brought us goats, chickens, firewood or their child as an apprentice. Now they give us pieces of paper with dead guys painted on them.

First off your comment about pieces of papper...ROFLMBO

Energy moves and keeps moving. Trying to stop the movement of a river will get you into trouble.

Post subject: i think every thing should be free
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:47 pm 

and our services done out of love compassion and respect....................
unfortunately in a money based economy folks have no choice but to charge for their time and services just to survive and make a living in this money corrupted society..............
if we lived on a resource based economy like it was before slaves and money were tools to exploit and use for personal gain things would be much better healthier wealthier and happier than now......there would be no wars greed hate fear etc............

Post subject: Re: Should shamanic healing be offered free?
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:17 pm 

wallacemann wrote:
... healing ceremonies should be given for free as it is work of spirits, and shamans are only messengers of spirit.

My argument would be that it is elitist to NOT be paid. The premise is that shamans are doing the work of spirit, and others are not. I think whether or not a person is doing the work of spirit is difficult or impossible to tell from the outside, and that a case could be made that everyone is doing the work of spirit. Certainly I would say that a beautiful work of art, or an inspired idea, or a brilliant scientific achievement are all the work of spirit. Personally, I think my garbage man is doing the work of spirit. Once a week he comes by and takes the heaviest of the heavy energy away from my house and returns it to the earth. Although shamans may be more conscious about their channeling of spirit, I do not believe the work of the shaman is inherently more noble than any other labor of love.

What a lovely reply :D

I have often said that our rubbish collectors do a thankless job. I fully appreciate the difference to my world when the rubbish collector has removed all that negative stuff from my home.

I wondered what I might find when I read the posts here as this is my first visit but I have come away from here energised and ready to rock :D

Post subject: MONEY FOR HEALING
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm 

I work with plants and when I started treating patients struggled with what was appropreate to charge n stuff - and now I feel totally comfy asking for money -but if people are seriously poor of course they can have my time and herbs for free -But there are very few truely poor people here in Hertfordshire.

I am always up for exchanges too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:38 pm 

Well if you lived in a society where there was no such thing as money, would a shaman charge for his services?

No.

Therefore, society is to blame. 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:08 pm 

Kstep wrote:
Well if you lived in a society where there was no such thing as money, would a shaman charge for his services?
No.

uh, not entirely. The community provided shelter and clothing and other such items for the shaman - hence a payment of sorts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing