Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Should shamanic healing be free?
Would you pay for shamanic healing? 74%  74%  [ 43 ]
Should it be up to the client to decide how much to pay for shamanic healing? 26%  26%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 58

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:25 am 

Thank you enocheye and likewise, it's good to meet you to.

/Travellingman

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:58 pm 

Hello, I like the idea of an exchange of some mutually agreeable sort.i learned from experience that if you don't charge anything some people will abuse your kindness.They often do not show you respect and refer all and sundry to you and expect to come when and as often as they like .
Asking for some form of exchange (can you can be generous if someone is having hard times by being reasonable and accepting payment in kind)gives you a protective boundary.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 am 

I am in agreement that a shaman should be paid for healings or any work. We live in a modern world and bills have to be paid.
Having said that I am now unsure of paying shamans as I have paid many shamans and not one has managed to heal me. If a shaman charges a lot of money and then fails to heal should a refund be in order? I have paid lots of money and still come away with the problem unhealed. One Mongolian shaman charged me £600 for a long distance healing which he never performed and the society I reported him to was not interested. I will not name him but he is a well known shaman.
What I think should happen by my experience is to only pay the shaman if the healing is successful.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:22 am 

Barry

I would say that Shamanism is not what you are seeking as a healing medium.

I believe you need to try Buddhism as it has more discipline and if you can follow the steps involved in their philosophy you will discover yourself.

It is not the shaman's fault if they provide a service to take the suffering away from you if you are so determined to hold onto it and walk away with it as well as walking away from your money.

Buddhism will give you the disciplines to follow. It is up to you to apply them. No matter what religion or healing service you choose the solution is the same. Either choose one or just invent another way to dispose of your pain that does not cause harm to others or yourself in the process.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:41 am 

Elizabeth

I am not holding on to this problem, it is not negative thoughts. It is not a psychological problem, if I thought it was psychological I would go to a psychologist, and I have been to them. I was told by the Mongolian shaman (referred to above) that this problem was successfully healed and I believed him 100%. I felt better than I ever had in my life and was waiting and expecting things to change. Of course nothing changed and I found out later no healing had taken place. If this was negativity or I am just holding onto this, things would have improved by me just believing I had been healed. This is a spiritual problem not psychology. This is why the shamans cannot heal this because they are working with psychology and not spirits.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:54 am 

Barry

No.

What Barry has is a "Barry denying that Barry is thinking and feeling and holding very tightly onto a belief" syndrome. It is called "Mr obsession."

Having such a strong and powerful belief is a wonderful gift called "Mr Talent".

Now Barry, think.... feel... and hold..... on to "The guy called Barry who is just an average guy with a NEED to talk to people." He is called "BARRY"

In time you discover that your eyes that read the text upon your own screen belong to the brain that is processing the text.
And the mind that is saying "No... Hey Barry ...Hey Man... over here man.... Don't listen to that woman... she's wrong...." will be labeled "Mr Distraction".

Then you will be able to tell Mr Distraction to shush so that you can read the text in peace and understand it's true meaning. Then you can realise that Mr Obsession is working in co-operation with Mr Distraction to try and make BARRY forget who he is.

What is your name Barry?

When you can honestly say "I am Barry, and I am happy" you will know I was correct. Until then you may continue listening to Mr Distraction and Mr obsession all you like and no amount of money and no number of healers will be able to heal you because those other two guys keep getting in the way whilst BARRY is at the end of the que.

Understand now?

Good Luck
The rest is over to you.... over and out.
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:37 pm 

Elizabeth I like reading your thoughts you are very wise! On this subject for one to charge for there services. How would you put a price on illness , spiritually, physically, etc. It would have to be for your time spent with the patient. I do not charge anyone for help. If the person wants to give me something in appreciation I'll except it. I'm honored when someone ask's me for help.For I always come out of the experiance with more rich's spiritually. And Barry's is right that his problem is with a spirit and it's his own. And you were right on saying that nothing medicine man, shaman, vodoo priest, Jesus christ, magic, etc. Could heal Barry because he is looking out side himself instead of looking inside himself to heal. People are always looking for a magical cure.Instead of looking in a mirror and going inside and being honest with themself's. It's a hard thing to do to take responsability for oneself. And this is how I feel about the subject. Good luck to all! Charging for there help or not? We all create our own reality's positive or negative. And Barry the best to you and if I could help in anyway just ask. Bessing's to all Foolshawk :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 am 

That is psychology again. If Elizabeth is right we can all heal ourselves, why do we need shamans and other healers?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:18 pm 

Barry

If you were a fish living in a fishbowl with other fish in the same fishbowl and knew nothing of the existance of a world outside of that watery place. One day you flipped yourself out of the bowl and landed on the floor. The pet cat found you and chased you about the room terrifying you until "God" the owner of the house rescued you and returned you to your home in the bowl.
What words would you have to describe your terrifying experience to explain your journey and darying escape from the hands of the devil cat and the helping hands of God? What would you tell the other fish in the bowl?
Would you just pretend it never happened or would you have so much to say that you wouldn't be able to stop talking about it? Trying to analyse it and find reason until your eyes would bulge from looking and seeking answers to the outside world, the heaven and the hell outside of the paradise of your home in the fishbowl. Your friends would be intrigued to want to learn what it is that you speak about and you would teach them as you learned more and more about that outside world. One day you may even try to flip yourself out of the fishbowl again just to see if you can find that place again and be brave enough to know what to do if the devil cat tries to catch you again. Or you may be too afraid in case God dosen't come to save you a second time. Maybe you don't get that many chances with God and then you begin to question who is that God? Why was the God so kind and the cat devil so mean? And why was it such a great fall from paradise before hitting the hard concrete floor? What is a concrete floor? Where did all these names like concrete, floor, God, Devil, Cat, Fishbowl all come from? Did you invent them just then to explain it to the other goldfish in the bowl all gathered around to hear your words and experiences? Why do you have all the attention of a crowd? Is your name Jesus? What is your name? Are you standing on a hill and preaching to a large crowd? What are these things you speak about? Are you a shaman? A witchdoctor? a medicine man who can keep a crowd occupied so long with your stories that they have stopped feeling their own pain to listen to something of a world they never knew existed? Are you a healer? Have you healed others by keeping them listening and reading for a short time? Barry are you still reading this story? By the time you have read to this point of the text, I have already gone to sleep and will awake soon to start work on the other side of the planet. I am already miles ahead of you in kilometres and in thoughts. By the time I read what you reply you will be miles ahead of me on your side of the world. These things I speak about Barry are all that you have mentioned, they are also, Quantum Physics, Science, Medicine, shamanism, sorcery, music, street signs, light, colour, water, tears, rainbows, hatred, love, God, Jesus, Buddah, religion, school, university, work, sand, rocks, trees, breath, a nagging mother or grand mother and Barry at a computer in his own piece of paradise.

We are all the same in our own different ways.
We are all living in our own piece of paradise in the same fishbowl.
We are all blind to the outside world of the fishbowl until we jump out of it and see a bigger world.
Then we are all teachers to each other about our differences and our similarities.

If you are only always willing to share grief and sadness and dispair and hardship because that is all that your eyes can see, then there will always be healers that will give you the help of a guiding hand from God to keep you safe from the devil cat should you ever decide to jump out of the fishbowl before your time is ready. (God will surely remove you from the fishtank when you die. There is no need to rush to the floor outside before you have lived a full life inside the fishtank). Be thankful that you have friends in the fishbowl that listen to your lifestory and know that they are thankful that you choose to share it with them. Because by sharing those lifestories each know where to improve and change and grow and how to encourage the new little fishies that are born with computer laptops imbedded in their hands and a mobile phone attached to their ears. They are the new breed of fish and their world exists both inside the fishbowl and outside of it as they tap into God's world through the vibration of the water in the fishbowl and the radio signals that are transmitted back and forth.

These things may seem very far fetched to believe as you read this little story. However I have been the fish in the fishbowl that was thrown out of the tank and that is how I experienced my life so far. This little fish is happy to stay in this fishbowl and just peek every now and then at what is going on outside the tank through the glass that seperates us. Because I know that there is a huge world out there but I am not ready to leave the womb of my mother yet as I am not yet born. I am a baby in a human body. And so are all of you. Can you see it yet?

Good Luck
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:23 pm 

Barry
We need them because they need us.

We are their friends and they are our friends.

You just happen to pay money for the friendship and they are happy to take your money.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:52 am 

Elizabeth

You would be right if this was a psychological problem, I could probaly heal it myself. However it is not psychological or negative thoughts. I do not know for sure what this is, but if it turns out to be some bad spirit, how could I who is not a shaman remove it? That is why I am looking for a shaman because this is beyond my capability to heal whatever it is.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:10 am 

[quote]You would be right if this was a psychological problem,

First.
I am not right and I am not left. I just am at my own centre where I am.
Which means you are either at one side of me or another and trying to see where I am. Stop looking for me and start looking for yourself at your own centre. LOOK INWARDS NOW.

Second.
I could probaly heal it myself.
Probaly is actually spelt "probably". Left Brain thinking about how to heal right brain. Just a miss spelling. REST.
NEXT.

Third.
However it is not psychological or negative thoughts.
"However" indicates you don't make a preference....... psychological/negative thoughts.
Either choose one or drop them both NOW.

Forth.
I do not know for sure what this is
So DROP IT NOW.

Fifth.
, but if it turns out to be some bad spirit, how could I who is not a shaman remove it?
DROP IT NOW.

BACK TO First Person Again.
That is why I am looking for a shaman because this is beyond my capability to heal whatever it is.

Now DROP IT ALL or else WALK AWAY.
Your power animal is "Mosquito".

Accept it and it will help you.

There is no more to be said.
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:32 am 

Barry this is your starting point to healing yourself with the assistance of Mosquito Totem. If you accept the challenge mosquito brings focus on it's huge list of projects and assist it. If you do not accept, then the project is far to large for you and you must drop it and walk away. That is the message from Mosquito.
Good Luck with your decision.

http://www.druidry.org/obod/cer/dmt.html

Regards
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:30 pm 

Barry

A helper has stepped forward to give you a hint at the size and magnitude of help at hand with Mosquito Totem/dreaming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Mosquito

Those that lost their lives in the past, walk with the same totem and are ready to stand guard and protect those that accept their challenge.
Call on them when you need assistance by calling for mosquito totem, they are ready to assist.

Just so you know.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:31 am 

This is interesting, I have been told my power animal before, a horse, a giraffe, a raven and now a mosquito. The mosquito is interesting though, as I have always had an interest in the De Havilland Mosquito. I even have a model of one in my room, along with DVD documentaries and a book. I am not certain it is my gurdian. I have had dreams of and real encounters with a close relative of one of the other animals listed, so it seems more likely to me that is my gurdian.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing