Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: shamanic help with deep-rooted clutter/hoarding problems
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:27 pm 

does anyone have any extra advice for the above than smudging rooms, bearing in mind that probably severe cases of the above are really about lack of inner worth and love - of never being or having enough, of self-worth being deeply deficient. it is one thing knowing this, but what to do to switch something enough inside to get moving on sorting/discarding/being able to make healthy decisions about what one needs/letting go of fears and the issues within the possessions - indeed, the issue of possessiveness itself on a material level and its connection to non-material levels.

Post subject: Re: shamanic help with deep-rooted clutter/hoarding problems
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:07 pm 

Have you sort the help of a professional counselor who is trained with this type problem? I would be if I was you.

I am not saying don't have any shamanic help but I think you should take a holistic approach to this. Have counseling but also have some shamanic work done too.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:47 am 

No-one can free you of your attachments to the material world.Only you can free yourself.You will find no security in life,no matter how many things you may hoard.Why bother?You are going to die, anyway.Sooner or later,we are all going to die.Maybe sooner.You will not be able to take with you anything to the next world,not even a light feather!Consider yourself dead already.Relax!
I love dead shamans;they don`t have ego!If you are a dead shaman, what is there to fear?And what is your issue of lack of self worth?Get it into you thick skull:no-one is more important than anyone!We are all equal. Like grains of salt on the shores of infinity.
Yes,seek out professional help;and other kinds of help too.Perhaps, if you gave away all the things you have accumulated ,to the needy,you would feel liberated.In any case,your feather would get lighter.Laugh at yourself,now and then.Shift the focus of your attention from yourself,once in a while.Find a higher cause to serve.It would make you less miserable.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 pm 

Mmm this is a strangely aggressive reply, and not in tune with your name oracledreamhealer.

Apart from the fact that my query did show I had awareness of issues behind hoarding, and of course have thoroughly researched the usual ways of dealing with it, I had turned to this newly-discovered site for the extra dimension of shamanic thought and depth below the surface of the seen and mundane. Unfortunately this was not obvious in your reply. It made me laugh that you assumed I didn't! and of course I do give away, I know I can't take it with me, I know we are all equal and so on - and I don't think I'm any more self-absorbed than the next person, although I do try to 'know myself' in a down-to-earth way.

Judgement and castigation hasn't been my usual experience of shamanism up to now though and I posted on this site entrusting my issues, not unreasonably, to wise, compassionate and understanding insight from the depths of others' soul-searching and -journeying that I may find enlightening - instead receiving an unhelpful and basically preachy rant from someone seemingly not wholly conversant with shamanic tradition, ways and ethics.

I will chose to believe that your heart was in the right place though and thank you for your intentions.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:26 pm 

Hey strongfeather.

Yes I agree with you, oracledreamhealer's reply was harsh and very unhelpful ... maybe he's just having a bad day?

I don't really have much advice to give you about where you should turn next to get help, but I can say ...

One day you may be ready to give up your behaviours, and it may take you into a big crisis. And you may feel stripped completely bare of all possessions along with internal ways of thinking and behaving ... an extremely terrifying place for you to be. But just try to remember one thing 'crisis is an opportunity for change'.

Don't think of being stripped down to nothing as a 'weak' place to be. It takes extreme courage to place yourself a great depths ... extreme courage. And from that place, you can start to rebuild yourself to your true state of being and behaving ... the way you are meant to be in this life.

So hang in there, and don't take to heart anything that is said that doesn't speak to you with where you are at at the moment. Just keep on knocking on doors until the right one opens for you.

Take care strongfeather.

Womble
(I'm not a shaman, psychologist, or anything really .... just a womble!!)

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing