Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Shamanic healing and autism
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:37 pm 

I know this is a lesson for me, so I'm thinking, what better place to start than here?

In the last two weeks, two single mums of autistic boys have approached me for help ~ they don't know each other and live in different countries.

Both mums have asked for shamanic help for their boys, but ~ and please do jump in if you disagree ~ my gut feeling is that I should concentrate on getting healing for the mothers, partly because neither boy has asked for healing and also partly because what little understanding I have about autism leads me to the conclusion that autistic people don't need (or want) to get better; it's rather that we need to accept them for who they are.

This is of course takes enormous strength and courage and all sorts of other qualities I haven't even thought of yet.

But I'm really posting this in the hope that someone on this forum would have some experience of shamanic healing where autism is involved, and be able to offer me some advice.

Otherwise, it's back to ye olde traditional gut instinct, which, it has to be said. rarely lets me down.

Thanks for listening!

Post subject: Re: Shamanic healing and autism
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:21 pm 

Have you asked your helping spirits this question?
Shine!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:23 am 

Of course!

Do you not also gather worldly information alongside otherworldly information?

Would really appreciate a reply from someone who's not going to treat me like an idiot.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:48 am 

My apologies. There was no offense intended. Your original post did not mention checking in with spirit. Good luck with your quest.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:36 am 

Ishtar,

I don't think anyone was trying to treat you like an idiot. Many of us who have had extensive experience always start with that same line. Most people want a quick fix without taking a first step. There was nothing in your post of what you had already tried. Take a look at onenessjourneys' post. He or she has now shutdown because of your swipe. On a different note the fact that you took offense so easily almost kept me from writing.

As for me I have worked with several autistic kids. On a grounded level, look up the work of Barry Dean Kaufman and one of his books Son Rise.

What I have found is these kids are very much on the mental realm of things and are getting used to tying it with the physical. If you look you will see how the threads are being tied this way. Most of these kids are getting their first few lifetimes into the physical and have chosen parents who either are very patient caregivers or need that lesson.

A couple more things are tell the parents to dress the kids in earth colors. Keep the bright acid colors to a minimum. Water and earth are what these kids need. The water tends to harmonize them and the earth grounds them. Fire and air... well if you want to go chasing one into the street...lol I am sure you understand.

Be mindful of what you put out, it comes back to you.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:45 am 

Thank you very much for the benefit of your experience from working with children with autism.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:18 am 

Now a days most are believe on experiences.......thanks for sharing on Shamanic healing and autism.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:05 pm 

Craniosacral work has been very helpful for these kids. The covering of the brain is too tight and stretching with work on the skull bones often reduces their self stimulating and self injurious behaviors.

I would support working with the children with their mothers. These kids are very easily overstimulated as they cannot filter sensory input. Rhythm, structure and routine are very important in helping them manage the world.

Be well in your work.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:49 pm 

I have been doing shaman work since 1980 and have a 8 year boy who was born with autism! Yes these kids can be healed! You won't find a soultion in modern medicine though! You need to find a good homeopath who has experience with autism! Also, a Chinese Medicine (acupuncture & chinese herbs) can be very helpful! Shaman work can be done for the parent to help them find the correct path to follow in choosing healing modalities to use as mentioned above as well as diet! HIghly suggest GAPS diet to get gut fluora working correctly which will fix alot of brain & cognitive problems! These kids are not completely in charge here and their is alot of possession that has taken over their cognitive functioning! A good homeopath can help as well as a shamanic ceremony to see whats off! We been at it since he was born and finally seeing the payback to all our efforts! His cognition is growing on a homeopathic remedy and his brain is highly functioning! Finally starting to talk! A good Omega 3 suppliment everyday is absolutely essential! The only thing that limits curing an autistic child is the limitations of the parent! They reflect our issues as well as limitations and we have to heal concurently! I will gladly expand on any of the items I mentions above! Good luck!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 am 

Dear Ishtar,
I had not seen your post until now. I have worked as an RN in Autism, and we did healing work in the community with one boy who was severly autistic. One of the few times he could connect with others was through drumming. We put a small drum in his hands and we would play with him, he would not want to stop after 20 minutes, so he kept us going for longer. His mother would bring him every month to our gatherings and seemed to calm him. She said he always did well for 24-48 hours after drumming sessions.
Shamanic healing does have a place with Autism, I am glad you focused on the mothers first.
Just wanting to follow up with what you later learned, since it has been awhile now since you wrote your request for help. If you can share any further teachings, I would be very interested.
I now have a grand daughter recently diagnosed with autism.
May love surround you always,
Tanya in West Los Angeles
Founder of MoonDrum Circle 1992

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing