Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Requesting insight understanding recent appendix surgery
 Post Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:21 pm 

Hello all,

Some brief introductions...

I am new to this portal and forum. Glad I found it! I remember back some years ago when I wished such a resource was available for those of us working on shamanic practice. I have been focused on practicing shamanic studies for around 10 years.

My story...

Had a sudden change in health that led to surgery and wanted so additional perspective. After an onset of some sudden symptoms of discomfort and then increasing pain of the course of several days, it was time to act. My gut told me that the pain was serious and that I needed to have a friend drive me to the ER. Turned it was an inflamed appendix, which according to the perspective of modern medicine can only be dealt with in one way... surgery.

I had several things point to it being my appendix, but the CATscan sealed the deal. The surgery went very well, and I am on a fast road to recovery, but my head is still spinning a bit from the experience.

Being one who avoids western doctors and western medicine as much as possible, this was a strange experience. I felt forced into a corner, where the decision to act in order to deal with the appendix was tough either way. Surgery to remove it or no surgery, potential rupturing and internal infection (which can be fatal). I went with the safer bet, but am still left wondering how this could have been done differently. :?

I want to learn as much as I can from this, and feel I need some outside perspective...

My question(s)...

I have my own thoughts on what led up to this. But, I would love to hear what others have to say regarding dealing with appendicitis and surgery. Have any of you out there practicing shamanic healing done healing on inflamed appendix? Have you or do you know of some one who has, and what was there approach. What ideas do ya'll have on what can lead to an inflamed appendix? Recommendations for thorough recovery?

Thank you,

Eagle :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:27 pm 

Honestly, it has never come up for me before. However, that said, the reason/s behind any in-balance can be so varied that it would be impossible to go over every possibility here.

Sometimes it can be a simple as a push from spirit to trust where you don't normally trust.

We live in a material world of flesh and matter, time and consequence and to that end, all healing methods should be considered not just the ones we want to work. If a problem has been going on for a long time, sometimes it is not possible to heal it entirely with typical shamanic means, there has to be a multi pronged approach involving changes in lifestyle, diet, healing herbs, medication, surgery, exercise, changes in beliefs, facing some old fears or issues . . . the whole kit and caboodle.

What caused your appendix problem I can't say but if it allowed you to work with conventional medicine as well as your own ways of healing then I would say that is a good thing to learn.

I don't believe that there is a one and only way to treat all illness, I wonder if you were being asked to consider how all healing modalities can, and indeed, need to compliment each other?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:41 am 

Yah get it out when you need to get it out. Surgery is pretty natural if you want to go the full ways. Like instead of anesthetic, use hypnosis. And if you feel it's still unnatural use organic/natural ways of medicating afterword.
Other than that, I don't see the problem.
I learned in a trip to the world of death that the most important part of healing illness is accepting it and what comes with it.
And there's always learning from the experience.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:08 pm 

Modern medicine holds it's roots in shamanism. Medical doctors often forget this fact. Modern medicine has taken healing to new heights and new understandings of the body. But in the course of these advancements, they have forsaken the spiritual part of healing. Your experience has pointed to a direction. Whether or not you persue understanding of that direction is your choice. Being a healer, being a shaman, does not mean being rooted into the traditional ancient path of healing, and forsaking other knowledge. All things must grow, it is our jobs as healers to take healing to new heights. This can only be accomplished by gaining new knowledge, The direction your experience has lead you too, would seem to be for you to gain a better understanding of the physical body. The science behind modern medicine can provide that knowledge, shamanism cannot. Understanding the microscopic world of the physical body, will also give you knowledge about all life, not just human life. Do not dismiss anothers knowledge, because to do so only hinders your own growth. Avoiding the path of modern medicine is to fear that path. You are a shaman, you must walk all paths without fear. Knowledge disarms fear.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:34 am 

You were sick on a physical level and you chose the correct modality (western medicine) to deal with it. You would not chose a physician to deal with a spiritual problem. There's nothing to deal with there so relax.

However, many people need a soul retrieval after anesthesia. So, if you feel something is not quite right you might get a tune up.

Otherwise I think you chose the correct plan of action.

Post subject: you can do a journey to ask your body why....
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 pm 

Hi,

There really isn't anyone else who can tell you why your body did that to you. Your body is the only one that has the answers. For all you know, your Guides could have prompted you to get the surgery, as that might have been the best answer for you!

Going on a journey to ask your Guides why that happened to you is one way to find out. Asking your own Guides directly is the best way to get answers on something like this.

If you don't know how to journey, or can't do this for some reason, I perform journeys for others.

Kara

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing