Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Removal of evil spirits?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:45 pm 

Yesterday, I had a client who had evil spirit all over her right side (the masculine side). They appeared as black Bats, zooming in, in a darks energy fields. I was overtaken by their force and started talking in tongues, words I did not know.

When I asked her about her connection to bats, she said, she hold an early scary memory of her father giving her mother a book about black bats, which made her and her mom frightened. She said that both her father and her older brother where evil to her and her mother.

Is any one have an experience how to treat and remove evil spirits?

Love to know.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:42 pm 

Hi Eagle1

I guess I'll offer some thoughts - again I'm not at all sure that my thoughts will be useful to you, but here they are.

First, if your guiding spirits have shown you these dark energies, then it seems to me that this is about you learning to deal with these dark energies by consulting your own guiding spirits very carefully about what the dark energies mean in this specific case and how you are to handle them. I suspect this is why no one on this board has rushed in to offer their "wisdom" on what to do with them. I don't know how you should handle them. None of us really know how YOU should handle them. When I have dark energies to deal with, I ask my guiding spirits to handle them for me - and they invariably do, one way or another. In a nutshell, it's about trusting your guiding spirits to handle the work, to guide you and to protect you in this sometimes very complex and difficult work.

Secondly, I want to discuss a small point of how we use words. I feel certain many might disagree with me on this one, but I want to say what I have to say here. It's your use of the word "evil". "Good" and "evil" to me represent value judgements about how humans behave in this world. Different socities define the behaviors of "good" and "evil" in different ways, sometimes radically different ways. These terms delimit appropriate or extremely inappropriate behavior within human society.

A quick look at nature outside of the human realm shows all kinds of behavior that we humans would consider "evil," but it works within the framework of nature. We accept it as non-human - and we do not think it's evil when my neutered male cat leaps on his neutered female sister and gets all confused in his attempts to have sex with her, sex that doesn't work because, duh, they're both neutered. (in fact, it's kind of cute/funny.) Obviously, a human brother leaping on his human sister is "evil" within the range of contemporary normative human values.

In terms of dealing with the spirit world, I truly prefer the term I used above, ie, dark energies. It's far less frightening and pejorative. It makes it possible for me to deal with those energies in ways that are compassionate - and if I have any advice at all to offer you on how to deal with whatever it is you encountered, I would say "Approach it/them with profound compassion. Keep your levels of protection very very high. Trust your spirits to guide you on how to do the work." And let me insist on your levels of protection being very very high - and letting your spirits do most of the work.

And if you aren't comfortable with dealing with these spirits, then don't until you are ready. Do lots of preparatory work before you encounter this client again, or hand the client over to someone else.

And if you find yourself stuck with energies you can't or don't want to deal with, don't be shy about calling on human shamanic friends who live close to you who might be able to help... if you're lucky enough to be in that situation.

Good luck in dealing with this. I firmly believe that spirits don't handle us what we can't handle, though it may take us a while to figure out just what it is we need to do...months even, sometimes.

So, I really haven't answered your question - I've just tossed the ball back at you - and said "figure it out yourself,'' but I hope that my thoughts might help you find your way, be sign posts, pointing to some distant place where YOUR answer lives. And if it doesn't happen that way, well, that's really ok too!!!!

Good Luck
Chris

Post subject: Re: Removal of evil spirits?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21 am 

eagle1 wrote:
Yesterday, I had a client who had evil spirit all over her right side (the masculine side). They appeared as black Bats, zooming in, in a darks energy fields. I was overtaken by their force and started talking in tongues, words I did not know.

When I asked her about her connection to bats, she said, she hold an early scary memory of her father giving her mother a book about black bats, which made her and her mom frightened. She said that both her father and her older brother where evil to her and her mother.

Love to know.

Peace be upon you

If you recite in Arabic a chapter of the Holy Quran called ," Al-Falaq",
no evil spirits can withstand it's recitation and it forces them to leave
as long as it is correctly pronounced and properly recited, and yes,
although it will work in english it is more powerful in Arabic.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:39 am 

eagle1 wrote:

ho to you Eagle1;
Chris has given you some wise reflection. And my I also offer this advice:

Heavy energies, fluid entities or intrusive spirits are not necessarily evil. Yeah, many times they are, but they can also be just a lost spirit or one that the client has an affinity for - like a relative.

In order to bring peace to both the client and the attached spirit, an extraction is required. Now, this is not for the untrained. You must be able to see and/or identify the entity, and have the ability to remove it. And also know how NOT to take it on yourself.

Ask your Spirit Guides if this is something you should attempt. And be wary of your ego - this is NOT a "love conquers all" sort of situation.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:57 pm 

Here's a controversial thought: Ayahuasca. If you're still troubled by this evil spirit/entity (and you've tried everything already to no avail) I suggest you go see a shaman that can guide you through an Ayahuasca ceremony. Yes it's a drug, it's actually a mixture of multiple kinds of DMT mixed with a MAOI (MAO Inhibitor). This will rid you of any evil spirits or entities that might have infected you or even entered your body. Beware though, this is a very strong psychedelic drug and it shouldn't be used by just anyone. Especially not if you have no history of psychedelic drug use. The Ayahuasca will make you puke out any and all negative energy you may have within you, so don't go bashing this idea just because the Western world seems to think that "drugs are bad". Sure some drugs are bad, and most drugs are bad when used inappropriately, but a Shaman isn't some heroine junkie and psychedelics can help a lot of people in a lot of different ways.

Again, I urge you to figure out a way to rid yourself of this dark energy before taking the easy way out. I did, and I am stronger for it. (Haven't done Ayahuasca myself but I've done plenty of other psychedelics to know what I'm talking about.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:07 am 

Eagle 1

The right hand side is the side of "Past". The left hand side is that of "Future" and the centre column of the body is that of the present.

You may like to try "raking" the energy from top to bottom all over (not on the body but a few centremetres outside of it). Sweep it all to the right hand side. Next gather up the energy with your arms like you are gathering a fishing net and toll it into a ball. Place it infromt of your client and then take her hands and allow her to walk through the energy field to you on the other side. Keep holding her hands and reassuring her that no harm will come to her. Once she has passed through it scatter the energy outwards in all directions like chasing away. Then smoke smudge your client to cleanse.

With respect
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:56 pm 

Spirit removal (exorcism) is a task best left to professionals. In my 20+ years of working as a shaman and have done more spirit removals than I care to talk about, over 80% of my clients (of course after determining whether or not it is actually a case of possession) have come to me after seeing other healers who have unsuccessfully attempted to remove the possessing entity.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:18 am 

Hi Eagle,

First off I have to agree with Cris. Let your guides do the work. This however does lend itself to some advanced work.

Eagle here are a couple of points.

Why were YOU being shown the Bats? A lot of times something is shown for you and to trigger you to do something about it. It is a code of sorts for the spirits to help you. Second, if you are guided to tell a client something that is ok but be mindful, telling someone "hey was does this blah blah thing might scare the person unnecessarily. I have found that with friends. Each of us might see different things. One may see a black stone, another entity and so on. Then each knows that they must do for the extraction.

Ok here is a method to give you some guidance.

1. Protect yourself first. Put on your shamanic rain coat, smudge and so on.
2. Have a back up plan in case you pick something up. Even remotely some shamans can work on people a thousand miles away. That is a subject unto itself
3. What are you going to do with this "rusty nail"? I usually as an ally to take it to its next stage of development.

I once heard Dr Bill Baldwin say. Even misguided spirits are clients too. Yes this one is hard for the ego shamans to swallow, that maybe you shouldn't destroy something...lol You do not need to have a dialog and honestly it is NOT encouraged. Have your guide handle it.

4. Have a method to remove it and so on.
5. How are you going to fix the hole in the client now?
6. How are you going to clean up yourself? The Client?
7. Did you give thanks offerings to the spirit helpers? Before you started?
8. Did you work out an energy exchange with the client afterwards? Before?

This should give you and others a few things to consider.

Here is a simple formula. Protection first then guidance, then action, then do the dishes.

Traveler

www.selfempowermentguide.com

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:01 pm 

Your experience, eagle1, reminded me of a couple of similar experiences of my own...

The first 2 involved me directly...

On a couple of occasions, around 10 years ago, I was doing some emotional clearing/cognitive construction work on myself in the course of investigating and transforming some acute stress experiences during a period of massive financial and work stress. I was using reflective breathwork and meditation to bring subconscious reactive thoughts, emotions and old source memories into consciousness for releasing/tansformation. As the emotions released and my congnitive errors [created in the remembered childhood situations] were let go of, I became psychically aware of a dark entity, something between a bat and a black stingray released from me and flying/swimming up and down in the energy field just outside my body. It seemed to be looking for a new place to attach, could not find a new attachment place and flew off. This experience happened on 2 separate occasions, but has never happened since. My financial and work stresses slowly recovered afterwards - due to developing a different mindset about money and work.

A year or two later when running my first shamanism course, one of the trainees [a Reiki master actually] who had been living at a very superficial [and dysfunctional] level of self-awareness, became very anxious and distressed during a series of self-awareness/self-purification exercises. I noticed a fluttering of dark bat-like entities fluttering in her energy field just outside her body. She also was aware of their presence - creating a vicious cycle of anxiety distress. With a bit of emotional support she quickly recovered and the "bats" became invisible again. It put her off doing any further deep clearing work and she remains to this day very dysfunctional with escalating health problems.

I do not think for one moment that these are "spirit possessions". The best shamanic label I can put on them is "non-spirit entities". I believe that they are forms of the energy-field strands of self-sabotaging consciousness which Barbara Brennan, ex-physicist and one of the great pioneers of energy-field healing
[see her classic manual here: http://www.stress-counselling.co.uk/sun ... EALERS.HTM]
calls "thought-forms". I believe that our "self" or "soul" can "pull in" archetypal formulations of consciousness from what Carl Jung called the "Collective Unconscious" and we call in shamanism "The Spirit World". These are not actually "spirits" because they are not capable of independent life - I suspect tat they are animated [energised] purely by our own emotions.

TO CLEAR THESE ENTITIES?

The secret to removing these entities is by self-transformation [self-purification] and cathartic release
http://www.lovehealth.org/tools/catharsis.htm
of the emotions that are giving them power. This was the great wisdom in the teachings/healings of Jesus - he linked sickness to "sin" [personally I prefer the word "unskilfulness" because "sin" was made into a very guilt-ridden label by the religionists who came much later after this great natural healer shaman]. He cautioned the people that he healed
to stop "sinning" [attracting bad Karma] or they would become sick again.

IS "SPIRIT POSSESSION" OVERDIAGNOSED?

I believe that "spirit possession" is a highly overdiagnosed condition. A constant stream of people contact me asking me to "sprinkle magic dust" on them and remove possessing spirits. When I point out that they will have to change their ways if they want to stay free of such "evil" experiences they quickly move on to find another magician [shaman]. On closer questioning, many of these folks have been "doing the rounds" of "shamans" for some time, each time there is a brief improvement [positive thinking and energetic support] before the "spirit possession" returns. Tragically they rarely go back to a shaman who has "failed" them, because they just assume that that shaman was a fraud and the next one will be better. So they leave behind a string of shamanic healers who think they have been successful! [because the client did not return].

I started to question this whole "spirit possession" game after having a massive "spirit possession" experience of my own 20 years ago at a time of massive trauma, loss, stress and depression. The "spirit possession" experience was incredibly real and so serious that I ended up in an acute psychiatric ward [which did not cure me!]. Two years of therapy did not cure me either. What cured me [quickly and sustainably] was an intensive weekend with a group of healers who combined loving support with healing of old wounds, cathartic emotional release and congitive therapy techniques. These are the techniques that I now teach to others, and use on my clients.

I cannot say that there is no such thing as "spirit possession", but I can say that much more common is the situation that self-sabotaging sub-personalities become energised by stress, depression and trauma. The [denied or repressed] destructive emotions that energise these sub-personalities feel very alien [because they are "shadow" energies in our psyche. Bringing the driving emotions into consciousness so that they can be released is crucial. Once they are released, their cognitive and "old-wound" sources become accessible and can be healed. The "sub-personality" ["archetype" or "power animal"] then switches from being self-sabotaging to being a positive life-empowering resource.
This happened to me, and I have since facilitated the same journey in others.

IS THE VICTIM ATTRACTING AN ABUSER?

"Spirit possession" or "Non-spirit entity" possession may be a different phenomenon to that I have just described. A phenomenon in which entities are "attracted" by held-in emotional/spiritual energies within the psyche. Focussing solely on the attached entity risks missing the vital fact that the "victim" has a dynamic in their psyche which has attracted this experience and will atract it again if not remedied!

Mike
http://www.shamanism.sunflower-health.com

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 am 

It will be true that Spirit removal is a task best left to professionals. ...............

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:08 am 

I teach advanced spirit removal and dark entity removal. This work was developed by master healer and exorcist John Livingston.

Also I would not go as far to say that removing spirits is hard or only meant for "special" selected individuals. That would be to say the universe only thinks that certain people are ready to heal themselves of spirit attachments, and I do not think that is how the universe functions. You are ready to heal yourself of spirit attachments when you decide to stop giving them power and fearing them.

For more info visit:
www.spiritualclearing.info

Last edited by lighthealer on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 am 

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark!" [Zen Proverb]

"Ignorance is the only darkness, knowledge is the only light!" [Victor Hugo]

"Spirit possession" is an highly superstitious area of indigenous shamanism to approach with great caution. Many disturbed people have been financially, or even physically, abused by people who have gone into this area of shamanic practice without understanding the psychologocal phenomenon of "projection" by which the practitioner's own insecurities, inner conflicts and horror fantasies may become visited on vulnerable clients...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17073332

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 pm 

eagle1 wrote:

Love to know.

So you have been shown something which is significant to the client and it was scary - you have experienced part of your client's problem. She feels that bats are scary and evil yet bats in other areas of the world are luck bringers and shamanic allies, perhaps she and you need to know this, learn about them and find out how they can help her. This sounds like it is a case for you to work through with your allies, to help her to see things from a different viewpoint.

Brother Michael is right in that 'evil possession' seems to be an epidemic right now and is often way over diagnosed. I've even seen perfectly rational shamanic practitioners go on de-possession courses only to come back (after completing all the levels at some not insignificant cost) seeing possession everywhere and in every client! Much of what we see in trance can be viewed as either a missing bit and/or something which shouldn't be there. What it is will relate to the client's problem. If you started talking in a different, unknown language, what does this mean to you? Perhaps that there is something here that you don't understand? What do your Spirit allies show you? What were they doing in all this? They will be the key to helping your client.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:13 pm 

Re: "I was overtaken by their force and started talking in tongues, words I did not know"

When we connect to clients at the psychic or unconscious level it is not unusual to pick up all kinds of strange experiences from them, because of course the healing channel has a 2-way-energy-flow potential. Even Sigmund Freud recognised such phenomena, referring to them as "transference" and "counter-transference" without any need to postulate "spirit possession".

The "strangeness" [e.g. strange sounds] of a released distress bursting into conscious expression by either party in the therapeutic relationship may reflect that it has been held-in for a very long time e.g. infancy or maybe even older, and/or the very primal [and hence commonly repressed] nature of some of our deepest reactions to major trauma.

CASE REPORT
-----------
I had a soul-retrieval client recently - a "wounded healer" - who I knew from previous encounters to be what I call "tightly-held" [repressed] i.e. a severely constricted capacity for self-awareness, other-awareness, emotional feeling and physical co-ordination. She has lived for decades living mainly at the mental/will level with an accumulating array of sugar-addiction, relationship dysfunctions and physical symptoms ["messengers" conveying an escalating need for self-healing] despite all kinds of healing work she had done with Reiki, crystals and "angel-healing".

Usually this downward-spiralling constricted lifestyle is the result of serious trauma and/or childhood repression leading to lot of internal [i.e. soul-loss] and external disconnectedness. Often such "tightly-held" individuals resist any deep-healing approaches where they might not be in control, but this lady had attended an introductory shamanic practitioner course of mine and had built up enough trust [as well as desperation] to request a soul-retrieval session.

In the SR journey, after finding her lost inner child in a lower-world cavern. I was shown her as a young baby playing happily, then as an older baby, deadened and mis-shapen in head and body. Her "mother" was there protectively looking after her and after some initial resistance handed her over to me, whereupon her deformity disappeared. I was about to make the return journey when an archetypal "inner demon" guy, of troll-like appearance, appeared from our of the darkness. He attempted to sabotage the return of the child by scaring me off. He pretended to be a "helper", offering me an unseen object to "take back" to the client, but as soon as I touched his hand I went into a "chilled and shivering" disorientation experience which drained me of my power.

Fortunately I have met these "inner demon" guys before on SR journeys and I know that all I have to do is stand my ground and stay connected to the spiritual integrity of my purpose. They will then start shapeshifting into what I regard as their original "positively supportive" archetypal form. I believe that they are natural sub-personalities [archetypes, lifestyle pattern resources] of the client that have become twisted out of shape by either trauma or unmet needs, and they drive, or embody, patterns of unskilful [unspiritual, manipulative, bullying etc] efforts to compensate for the soul-loss.

On this occasion the "inner demon" transformed [as I channelled away his distressed energy and resisted his agenda] into a fairy-like spirit guide, who transported the child and myself back to the client.

"REAL-DEAL" SOUL-RETRIEVAL HEALINGS
-----------------------------------
One of the things that convinces me that a particular SR journey is "the real deal" [rather than a flight of wishful thinking or wild imagination] is that I usually experience STRANGE UNCOMFORTABLE FEELINGS. They are "strange" in that they do not seem to belong to me, in addition to any unusual quality. I believe that it is partly these "no go areas" of discomfort or scariness that prevent soul-loss clients from naturally self-healing [reconnecting] the soul-loss. The other common block to natural self-healing of a soul-loss, is an attachment to [identification with] one or more distorted [i.e. craving, addictive, hostile etc] "desperately trying to compensate for soul-loss" sub-personalities.

Encountering a client's inner demon is in my experience quite common in "convincing" SR journey healings and they are a key aspect of the healing process. As long as those trauma-adapted [mis-shapen] sub-personalities are driving unskilful lifestyle patterns a soul retrieval will not last - the life path will bend away again from the "soul-essence" connection. Once confronted, they shape-shift into power-animal or spirit-guide archetypes which come back to the client and help empower/guide the client along the path of sustainable soul-retrieval [more skilful and spiritual living].

GROUNDING A SOUL-RETRIEVAL HEALING
----------------------------------
While negotiating [and draining some of] the client's "no-go" area of uncomfortable feelings, is a common part of a successful SR journey, ultimately for the SR to be successful the client must enter that area themself and do any final clearing of distressed energies held there. In the particular case described above, the SR journey did not have an immediate emotional/energetic impact on the client, but led her to mention that recently she had an experience of "feeling unable to breathe" [she has been asthmatic since childhood]. I took her back to this memory and she became aware of a "white light" in her heart chakra, connecting to this sent her into a powerful experience of "chilled shivering" disorientation accompanied by utterance of distressed primal sounds. Apart from the sounds, her experience was identical, though stronger, to what I had experienced from contacting her inner demon's energy in the SR journey. As a result of this distressed-energy release, she gained a clearer view of the source of the "white light" - a headless inner ghost [probably her babyhood trauma memory in psychic image form and interestingly also symbolising the "ghost" she had become as a result of soul-loss [inner child damage]. In a sense she had become her own internalised nightmare!

We both knew that this [very scary to her] "headless ghost" must be confronted in order to heal it, so after a short rest plus provision of anticipatory padding around her, she returned to her confront her "nemesis". She went into a massive "spontaneous rebirthing" experience with violent thrashing out and yelling out of distressed sounds.

She did not see the fate of the "headless ghost" but after her catharsis felt peaceful and laughed abut her experience. Even by the next evening she wrote to me "I have definitely felt different today. I felt lighter and kept walking around singing! I also didn't eat so many biscuits, which is a big step forward for me!"

The point of relating this client experience is that this lady had 3 "inner demons" blocking her from healing...

One representing her over-protective self-mothering of her wounded child
One [probably] representing her addictive self
One probably representing her internalised traumatic babyhood memory

All of these could be transformed and understood without the need for a paranoid "spirit possession" explanation. I believe that forcibly driving these archetypal forms away from her consciousness [as opposed to compassionately draining their distressed energy by INCREASING connection to her consciousness] would ultimately just have perpetuated this lady's dysfunctionality via self-sabotaging disempowerment of a psyche divided against itself!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:59 am 

Hi there.
Is it some kind of job that ghostbusters do?
Or like the Winchester brothers? No?

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing