Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Medicine Wheel
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am 

Can anyone explain the gifts of Up - sky
Down - Earth part of the Medicine Wheel :D

Post subject: Re: Medicine Wheel
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 am 

I'm not entirely certain that I understand your question. Please inform if I do not.

My cosmology honors sky/upward as the creative inspiration. It is the spark that travels through All Things and ignites action in the formed realm.

Earth/downward regards the alchemy that happens in form. It focuses on manifesting what is brought through the upper layer by staying connected to that higher realm through Nature.

I hope this note finds you well!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:09 pm 

My understanding is that the medicine wheel is created to honor the 4 directions: south west, north and east. Father Sky and Mother Earth are not necessarily part of the wheel, as the wheel exists between these two. They make up the sacred space where the wheel - and we - are.

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:34 pm 

In my tradition we honor the Seven Sacred Directions as part of the cosmology of the Medicine Wheel. This includes the Above that would be Great Spirit and Great Mystery. Great Mystery is the Great Mother or womb of the Universe, creating the life-force that resides in all things and Great Spirit who comes from Great Mystery provides the creation energy of life and other manifestations.

With Mother Earth we ground to our lovely planet, and give thanks for her support and nourishment, and sustenance in our lives.

The Center of All Things connects the Above with the Below, and helps us come in contact with our own centers as well.

And the 4 Cardinal Directions along with all their own attributions, also help to connect the hidden Upper directions to the Medicine Wheel.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing