Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: LSA
 Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:17 am 

LSA trip.
Any stories or experiences would be appreciated.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:07 pm 

I haven't tried LSA myself, but I know a little bit about its folkore. The unsynthesized form of LSA is the morning glory seed (which you probably already know). It is called ololiuqui by the indigenous peoples of the americas, particularly the Aztecs. The piulero, ingesting piule or LSA, would take a few seeds, usually 12, and communicate with the spirit world to diagnose the cause of illness. Hippies would ingest it in the form of "magic koolade" which was prepared by crushing the seeds into a fine powder and dropping it in a pitcher of kool-ade. Cold water works just as well. I had a patch of snake-plants on which the seeds grow but had to cut it down since it was killing all of my other plants. It is a sentient plant that climbs. I do believe it has consciousness, more so than other plants. I wish I knew more about it. It's been an interest of mine for a while but I can't find much information about the traditional piulero.

Yours,
--Teo.

Post subject: Re: LSA
 Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 am 

Krave wrote:
LSA trip.
Any stories or experiences would be appreciated.

Illegal in a few places like australia and poisonous if not prepared properly and if taken in excess... it's fat soluble so it's going to leak into your body fat and you're probably get to get flashbacks at some point. Honestly i don't think it would be worth it, especially if it's illegal where you are... i don't know how long it would prove positive on a drug test after you've taken it either.

If you're doing it for shamanic purposes i'd suggest you consult someone who's done it before and also try journeying on your own before using a teacher plant. If you're doing it for fun i'm sorry to say that i think you're a fool, it was a good idea to come to a place and ask about experiences though... trips can go either way and you can't get out until they stop.

If you're dead set on doing it none of us can stop you. If you're going to DO AS MUCH RESEARCH AS POSSIBLE! this should help you out: www.erowid.org it has a lot of info on experiences and safer ways to do this stuff. Drugs for fun doesn't usually work out but if you must learn the hard way, if you're doing it for shamanism i apologise for the rambling

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:52 am 

Thanks a lot for the replies my friends.
Hydrassas, I am not doing this just to "trip". I may be 17 and have my fair share of friends who "trip" but I am just looking for answers. Last month, my closest friend commited suicide and I have just been having a hard trouble letting it go. My mind seems to be searching for an answer that it can't comprehend. Death is incomprehensible and it just seems as though my mind won't give up looking for a specific answer.

I was hoping I could learn from my experience with Morning Glory. I have already done my research on it, but this is the only place I have came to for personal experiences.

I plan on doing this vision quest tonight, and at the end of this weekend I will post a detailed report on how it went for everybody.

Thanks,
Ryan

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:30 pm 

Krave wrote:
Thanks a lot for the replies my friends.
Hydrassas, I am not doing this just to "trip". I may be 17 and have my fair share of friends who "trip" but I am just looking for answers. Last month, my closest friend commited suicide and I have just been having a hard trouble letting it go. My mind seems to be searching for an answer that it can't comprehend. Death is incomprehensible and it just seems as though my mind won't give up looking for a specific answer.

I was hoping I could learn from my experience with Morning Glory. I have already done my research on it, but this is the only place I have came to for personal experiences.

I plan on doing this vision quest tonight, and at the end of this weekend I will post a detailed report on how it went for everybody.

Thanks,
Ryan

I'm sorry to hear that, i've been in a similar situation... I hope you know what you're doing, you might find your answers but you probably won't like them. I wish you luck on your path to enlightenment

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:28 am 

Live and learn,or learn if you live.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:39 am 

Odd that as I'm reading this, Nick Cave's "Death is Not The End" comes across my headset.

My own experience with plant helpers is very brief and, unfortunately, limited to day tripping in my younger days. My experiences did not honor them but, even so, they honored me. I can tell you that you will meet whatever you bring with you. And that's something you've got to be prepared to deal with. And is anyone ever really?

I, too, had many quedtions. I looked for "answers" wherever I could find them. I kept feeling like my net was coming up empty. It wasn't until I started attending sweat lodge ceremonies that I "found" what I was looking for. Truth be told, I simply stopped asking questions and let the answers come.

What troubled me for most of my life, it turns out, were not the answers that eluded me, but the questions I was asking.

Be well.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:17 am 

Has anyone heard from Kraven since he posted? i don't mean to sound like a weirdo but i'm more than a little worried about him.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:52 am 

Said he was doing a vision quest. Probably gonna be a while.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:34 am 

standingwest wrote:
Said he was doing a vision quest. Probably gonna be a while.

That's true, i can't understand from his perspective what he's going through but i've been in a similar situation so i can respect him looking for answers. I just hope he's ok

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:13 am 

Yeah. It can be a tough road sometimes. Generally what leads a person to this path, it seems.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 am 

Hydrassas, I appreciate your concern for my health :)

I assure you I am in out of harm's way. The LSA vision quest didn't go well. It gave me a headache and made my body feel as though it was teeming with energy. I tried to meditate around my campfire the entire time, but my head hurt to bad to be able to fully concentrate :(

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:29 am 

back when I was using psychedelics I tried this and it wasn't too great. perhaps if used differently, all the information i was given didn't help me very much.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:06 pm 

Could you please tell me which particular morning glory you used?What color were the flowers?How many seeds did you use?Did you grind them?Did you mix them with water?I would like to find out for myself if the morning glory could teach me anything of value.I probably will end up not ingesting the seeds and instead just put them under my pillow and communicate with the plant for several nights.But i would like to have the information just in case.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:52 pm 

^ sorry I don't remember which type of seeds they were. I used 200 morning glory and 7 woodrose on two separate occasions. I ate the first hundred straight and mixed the second half with water because it tasted terrible. I'd recommend not ingesting them as you mentioned.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing