Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Is anyone know what is Soul retrieva?
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:41 am 

I'm wondering if anyone experienced or know the benefits of soul retreival.
I heard about it, but want to know from people who had that done to them.
Thanks,
Eagle1

Post subject: soul retrieval
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:29 am 

Hi EAGLE I had my first shamanic healing a short while ago. Soul retrieval is when a part of your soul has fragmented or is somewhere else. This can happen when you have had a painful break up in a relationship and you felt so much pain you gave away a part of your soul to someone else, or if someone dies and your grief is so painful you give your soul to the person who has passed, or during abuse you can give part of your soul away too. When parts of your soul are away from you it can mean things in your life are difficult in that when you have an idea or want to do something it never seems to get off the ground or you feel stuck in life. A shamanic healer with the help of his or her guides retrieves those lost parts of you so you are living a life from a more whole perspective I believe. I am relatively new to shamanism so I think thats what is, I am sure a more experienced practitioner has more experience on this.

Also I believe Sandra Ingerman has written a book on soul retrieval.

Kelly

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:18 pm 

Yes I have done a few in my years of practicing.It is a very easy thing to do if you know how and have the patience to do it.I have even taken the spirit of someone that was doing things they shouldn't have.They didn't know what they were doing other than self gratification.But it is easy as I said if you know how.[/b]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:20 am 

Soaring Eagle,
It was because of the significant healing that I received from my first soul retrieval that I began studying shamanism. I was deep in grief from the death of my son who had died 4 years prior to my soul retrieval. A friend suggested that a soul retrieval might help me. I had the soul retrieval and didn't feel anything significant at first. However, over the next two weeks I felt my self-confidence and energy return. I felt the intensity of the grief lift from my shoulders. I knew I had to find out more about how this works, and thus began my study of shamanism. That was 14 years ago. Today I am a shamanic practioner/teacher and feel that shamanism is the language of my heart. I have done hundreds of soul retrievals in my practice and people most always find them life changing.

earthdrummer

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:29 pm 

Is like saying we have to do a soul retrieval on that house man Juan.
Give that house man a token ritual piece of food and water. There's about five things a man need. Food, clothing.. . .

The little sanhedrin's Book ms. Ingerman's is an excellent start. It's a start . Yes, you can. Why, yes.

Do you know how to make a soul retrieval? You start by listing everyone you ever met. And I mean everyone. Start with the present and work your way back through to the past. Divide by years , occupations or whatever. And then -- remember everything about them. And end the list with Mommy and Daddy. Not much more ado than that. You start now. :evil: :P :x :shock: :? :) :oops: :roll: :idea:

Post subject: Re-Forming
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:17 pm 

Hello community. My name is crowstandingarrow. It's my spirit name.
And with it I'm stating my individuality in response to the infinity surrounding you at this moment. Come to Puget Sound. We're going to Washington. Hope to hear from others like myself. My, what has that got to do with anything? YOU may ask?
The shaman portal talking stick forum here is a good one. Interesting forum here. It seems some warriors here like to dance. May I have the first dance? And I wanted to
reaquaint everbody that we're here to give human beings awareness, purpose, purpose and hope.
So if by chance ya all see this i'M LETTING YOU KNOW I'M STILL ALIVE.
Write me at greenriverknight@hotmail. Let's Get Together Warriors of Freedom. We'll have fun.

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:11 am 

What shining4 is referring to is psychology not soul loss. It is rare for a soul to fragment. Soul retrieval is not easy either it is a dangerous act and the shaman can die. The soul usually is stolen or follows a dead person to the lowerworld. The soul has to be bargained back and some cases fight the spirit that has taken it.
    The spirit however can be lost more easily than the soul and goes to the upperworld. This is normally lost by trauma.
    The book by Sandra Ingerman is not soul loss but psychology, it has a misleading title.
    I have had 2 soul retrievals which did not work. I believe that they did not work because my problem is spiritual and not psychological. When a core shaman performs soul retrieval the client has to intergrate the work when a native traditional shaman performs soul retrieval no intergrating work is necessary.

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:19 pm 

I have performed soul retrievals for clients and myself. I have not found them to be dangerous in any way - either to myself or the client.

Often, it was not what I expected. For example, several times I ended up performing a past life regression and found Karma issues or had to cut the ties between the past and present lives. Like most things in life, the solution is not always simple, and a soul retrieval only allows a person to more effectively change themselves - it does not change them. The soul retrieval healing will sometimes offer insight and divine messages. But if a person expects a shaman to do all the work - they really are not healed. A healing must take place in their mind so that their soul can heal (such as changing their perspective, forgiving, letting go of grievances, etc).

Blessed journeys,
    Elizabeth Herrera

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:10 am 

That is because core shamanism soul retrieval is psychological and not working in the real spirit world. You cannot enter the spirit world just by beating a drum, it does not work like that.

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:46 am 

blackcrow19 wrote:
    A healing must take place in their mind so that their soul can heal (such as changing their perspective, forgiving, letting go of grievances, etc).

I'm not certain I totally agree with this.

In the work I do, a physical healing takes place first, then the understanding. What that means is: there is a definite physical loss, wound, something that keeps the client from living live happily and fully. It is the shaman's responsibility to discover what this "thing" is that is keeping the person from a whole life. Then, through journey and guidance from the Spirits and Ancestors, the wounds, losses and sicknesses in the client can be healed.

Many times, there is a physical restoration that must take place before any kind of emotional or psychological healing can happen. It's like seeing something beautiful but not knowing what the hell you are looking at. The beauty enters your body first through your senses. Then the mind starts to understand what it is as it thinks about the experience.

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:27 pm 

You are correct in the order of things. Ultimately, a healing will take place in the mind/spirit, with the physical healing "proof" occurring first. I have seen them happen together at the same time. But sometimes, when the healing is for a mental or spiritual condition, it does require a mind change for a healing to occur.

I asked my spirit guide once what was the purpose of the healings. He said so that people would know that there is a higher presence that cares about them.

I know from personal experience that it took many years of seeing healings take place before I even questioned the possibility of a higher presence. It was weird, since it would seem obvious that something was going on beyond this realm. I am a slow learner I guess.

Post subject:
     Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:08 pm 

Rachara El wrote:
    Many times, there is a physical restoration that must take place before any kind of emotional or psychological healing can happen. It's like seeing something beautiful but not knowing what the hell you are looking at. The beauty enters your body first through your senses. Then the mind starts to understand what it is as it thinks about the experience.

In a way I understand it, but could you give an example of the process, like a case study? I have done only a few shamanic healings with outcoming resembled much of soulretreval, but maybe those was still something else. Those cases had nothing to do with physical body, but mental change. And the others who had something also going on physical body needed to learn emotional and mental balance first before any changes with physical body could occur.

Hm.. through yoga I understand how to make effect into mental/emotional through physical exercises and how to make changes into physical body with contemplation and visualization. Maybe healing can take its place through both directions.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing