Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Helping someone heal without there consent ?(FAMILY)
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 pm 

This one for me is hard because it's family. My son is 22 years old he has a great heart and is a hard worker. But he has low self-esteem and when he starts something he always thinks he's not good enough. I know that we are all one big family and that we have to live our lives through experiances Good and bad. And learn from our mistakes. But I struggle with this because it's my son. And I know better :( . Any Help would be appreciated! THANKS!!!!! JIM

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 am 

Seeds of thought planted in good soil grow to be mighty trees.

You can point the way but you should not do the jobs for him.
Else he will never learn that he is capable and will always reply on someone else completing things for him.

It's a little like weening a baby. Sometime they have to move onto solid foods and begin to chew.
It's no different.

Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:46 pm 

I am currently facing a very painful and difficult situation in my own family - and do not have permission to work shamanically. Nor am I likely to get it. When I journeyed about my own pain around this last night, spirit said "What is, is right. It's what needs to be. Accept it. You cannot change it. Live in the light."

So, this morning I took spirit literally - and on this amazing late spring morning, I went out into the amazing light and went bird-watching with some dear friends.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:10 am 

Thank you Enocheye and Chris! I forgot to tell my son's age 23. And he has a 4 year old son. His mother walk out after 6 months. Not every one is cut out to be a parent plus we were to young. I raised him with the help of my mother. I did the best I could. I want the best for everything on our Earth and if invited I'll help in any way I can. And I know that my son has to find his own way and believe me I haven't spoiled him. All I can do is love him and be a friend. But here comes the But he 's my son. Just writing this showed me how stupid or off track i have been thinking with my son. And I know better but some times I think that i could have done better? The realality is that I did the best I could have at the time and I'm happy with it. (sometimes) . I have no problem helping someone and I'm right on most of the time but dealing with myself and working on some things about myself seem to be left on a shelf for another day. Oh well Thank you from my heart for your replys. Enocheye I thought you were on vacation? :) Jim

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:43 am 

Vacation...

Yep from work for a little while... back at work again now.
Just needed a vacation from my mind chatter for a while.
It's all good again.

About kids.... They don't arrive with a users manual to know how to raise them, so if you do the best you can then you are already doing your best and there is nothing wrong with that. You are human also and because of that you are permitted to have emotions just like anyone else. Don't judge yourself too harshly, because looking back you will see that the worst critic of your abilities is really just yourself. So tell yourself, "shuush self","I'm doing a great job!"..

Okay!

Elizabeth
:D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:33 am 

Thanks Enocheye!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:39 pm 

I agree with the hands-off approach with our adult children (we need a better way to describe them!).
At the same time they are my children, so I love them. I feel that while I can't interfere, I can send them healing and clarifying energy to them, to use as they wish. Or send if it feels better, to their Higher Selves to use for them. I do this without putting my own 'goal' for them into the energy. Then I let it go and do my best not to worry.

Blessings,
Night Crow

Post subject: how about you?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:25 am 

I realize I'm jumping in here after quite some time has passed - but luckily, shaman don't have to worry about that :lol:

Anyway, Foolshawk how have things been going?

There are several members of my husband's family that cannot even bring themselves to acknowledge the healing work I do. I've come to accept that... and swallow hard when I know their situations could be made so much easier if they would only let... oh well.

One thing you CAN do is:
Since your son is from your own body and blood, you can work on yourself. This is an interesting phenomenon. Shaman can heal past and future generations by tracking lineage forward and backward and clearing stagnant energies. This is where "generational curses" can be released. Now I'm not talking just stubbornness or willfullness, but much more serious things.

Look along your own life, and that of your family. What are the common behaviors and traits? If many of the men die from heart attacks at 58, or if many of the women walk out of the marriages, then there is a generational thing going on that can be changed. Address that and not only will your life be better, but your son's and his children, too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:23 am 

Foolshawk,
Perhaps I can offer some help here. I can almost relate to what your son is going through and Enocheye will vouch for me on doubting myself. If there is one thing that I had wished my Father had said to me at about your son's age would have been this. "Son, you are now a man and I respect and love you as your father, from here you will make decisions both good and bad, but I will always love you and be here for you.Whatever you choose to do be sure it is what you love to do and do not fear what I will think of what you choose....It is now your journey and I will help you when I can and if you need it. Now go, life awaits you and we are now equals." If you wish you can perform a small ceremony to initiate him into manhood, You are Shaman Foolshawk and you can name him, tell him he is a warrior, healer, artist or whatever. The best part is you can be clever about it and he doesn't even have to know that he has been given the honor of now being on his own path as an equal to you. A small gift from you might do loads to help with his self-esteem showing him that he is no longer a boy but a well respected man in YOUR eyes.

Travel Well,
KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 pm 

In shamanism, when healing a person, their energy is just as important as the healers. We must remember that when one heals energetically, energy that is compatible works well together, and energy that is repulsive is difficult to manipulate. When a person is opposed to such a healing, their energy is unreceptive and difficult to manipulate when encouraged to heal. Sometimes they even shield themselves from it. When a person is unknowing of the healing, their energy may be responsive, but without direction can easily slip back into a familiar pattern. Only when a person is willing is healing their energy most receptive.

Ethically, when ones does something invasive such as a healing without the person’s consent it is not acceptable – even in spirit. A shaman must always remember that the world exists in balance and must never perform an act that would disrupt that balance. We do not look at things as “good and bad” or “right and wrong”, there is only balance. When we upset the balance, there are always repercussions. Doing such a thing as healing someone without their permission will upset the balance of things and will bring repercussions.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:02 pm 

Foolshawk wrote:
Thank you Enocheye and Chris! I forgot to tell my son's age 23. And he has a 4 year old son. His mother walk out after 6 months. Not every one is cut out to be a parent plus we were to young. I raised him with the help of my mother. I did the best I could. I want the best for everything on our Earth and if invited I'll help in any way I can. And I know that my son has to find his own way and believe me I haven't spoiled him. All I can do is love him and be a friend. But here comes the But he 's my son. Just writing this showed me how stupid or off track i have been thinking with my son. And I know better but some times I think that i could have done better? The realality is that I did the best I could have at the time and I'm happy with it. (sometimes) . I have no problem helping someone and I'm right on most of the time but dealing with myself and working on some things about myself seem to be left on a shelf for another day. Oh well Thank you from my heart for your replys. Enocheye I thought you were on vacation? :) Jim

Foolshawk,

One of the biggest things people miss is that Shamans generally take a lot of time to get to know their clients. If you crank someone up with energy but their environment is a mess then it will eventually drag him down along with his issue. I would look first towards helping him reprogram some of his thinking. When someone has low self esteem and confidence everything is always worth more than them. Help him to find the worth in doing things for his kid first. You seem pretty reasonable; I would also look at who he surrounds himself with. Also have him look into the mirror. No one loves him? Is he loveable to himself? Often times the outer world is a reflection of the inner world.

These are a few things to think on. I don’t know your situation but I bet if you look at some of these and help your son to correct some of the leaks he will fill up with some life force and start to pull himself out.

Post subject: Re: Helping someone heal without there consent ?(FAMILY)
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:31 am 

I agree with Rachara El in that you can heal your son by healing yourself of family traits and patterns.

However, there is something else you can do to try and get permission for healing him. You can go into sacred ceremony and talk to his Spirit, and ask if it is OK to do healing work, or you can ask your son's Spirit to suggest to your son to ask to be healed. You must remember, however, to surrender the results to Spirit and when you are finished with the ceremony, you need to just let the whole thing go. (become detached)

Sometimes working indirectly like this with folks, especially those we are closest to is the best policy. I have found the results with this technique to be truly amazing!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing