Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Healing yourself
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:43 pm 

Personally I believe that to even begin to heal others you yourself must be whole and healthy mentally and emotionally, my question is how do you heal yourself in a journey/s? I can't seem to find information on self healing.

Post subject: Re: Healing yourself
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm 

You must deal with all your issues, one at a time, and this can take several years. It is a combination of journey work, past life regressions, working with ancestors, working with spirit guides, and meditations.

Books alone are not the way. Try to find a good teacher, and also find your Spirit guides and ask for help and guidance.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 am 

colgst wrote:
Personally I believe that to even begin to heal others you yourself must be whole and healthy mentally and emotionally, my question is how do you heal yourself in a journey/s? I can't seem to find information on self healing.

What do you mean by "Journey/s"?

If you mean to the spirit world, i would guess taking a psychedelic with best possible set and setting may be the easyiest and most effective method.

Some ideas i have are "The feeling good handbook". It's a massive practical book that requires effort and practical work. There are reviews of it on amazon.

Some form of yoga
lovng animals, humans, nature ect basically feeling a usefull part to the botanic community.

Shadow work is another option.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:49 pm 

Just taking a psychedelic isn't going to do much of anything this is a complex undertaking that takes a lot of time. Under the right circumstances they will help under the wrong circumstances they will cause more problems. Don't fall into new age stereotypes if you want to do this learn to journey for real.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:50 am 

It would be good to do a chakra balancing to start off with and get your chi flowing without any blockages.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:09 pm 

It is also good to seek help from a professional counselor if necessary. Sometimes the wounds of the spirit originate in the mind and the mind must be healed along with the spirit so that the two may function as a whole.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am 

Well, first of all you need to identify what you need healed from. Many people (myself included) had traumatic experiences in childhood that they think they healed from and dealt with, and are unaware of how deeply those experiences affected them. It's not always a case of just blocking everything out. Sometimes we can still remember the experiences vividly but we've never actually healed from them.

I went through a lot of trauma during my childhood and when I started taking journeys a lot of it rose to the surface quite suddenly and I became painfully aware that ignoring my experiences wasn't dealing with it at all, and those experiences were affecting my behaviour today. It's taken me many months of work to get to the stage where I am today. It was very tough dealing with those memories and experiences, and yes, it made me realise that I am human and that I was never as tough or as invincible as I thought that I was. I looked back on my life and it was suddenly so obvious how those experiences had affected my relationships, friendships and day to day living. I was gobsmacked that I hadn't noticed it before. There was a whole different me that was ready to burst to the surface.

We can go through our whole lives thinking that "it's just the way we are," but our experiences can define us, even though we may be totally unaware of it. The last year of my life has been spent dealing with old, long buried wounds, and it's been incredibly painful. I'm lucky enough to have a very supportive and understanding partner, which has helped immensely. The two years before this one were one long, dark, night of the soul. My being was getting ready to heal itself by making my life come to an absolute standstill and being struck by this debilitating indecision which affected me physically, too, so really I had no choice but to look inwards and examine myself. Shortly after I made that decision I discovered Shamanism, and since then my life has transformed.

I suppose the first step for you would be to take a journey with the intent of "what do I need to heal about myself so I can heal others?" Then once you've identified the issues you can work on them, and take other journeys to find the solutions.

You can do the same for physical illness, and of course you'll find that identifying and solving emotional problems will make the physical illness better. That was certainly the case for me.

1. Identify.
2. Overcome.
3. Banish.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm 

You're quite right that in order to heal others, you should first experience a certain harmony within yourself. As the replies to your question already show and you've seen on the internet as well, there are many types of healing. However, the shamanic approach of healing is very specific and shamanic journeying is a first step to do this.
I myself am trained by Shuem for years and know that the series of shamanic journeys he provides really guide you through a process in which you gradually explore these wider states of consciousness in order to experience greater harmony within yourself. For me it's been life changing and I've met hundreds of people who experienced the same; by opening up to these wider states and 'other realms' you find a totally different perception on life, clear up the clutter inside and find a source of trust and inspiration. The first part is now available as an online course and the feedback we get from people who do it is really great!
Have a look on http://shuem.com.
Regards,
Wabke

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:27 pm 

Don't be an island.

It's not easy to do proper healing to yourself, if you are having constant pain and when being tired. Ask help from others.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing