Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:59 am 

Forest Child wrote:
teopiltzin wrote:
There are many teachers and workshops out there, perhaps you may be better to learn from a teacher hands-on.

Hi Forest Child,
I am looking for trainings within Europe. Would you please suggest a link or any other info. I know of some shamanic trainers in UK via internet, but have heard no personal word being said about them. I'd appreciate any sharing on this. Thanks in advance!

Love and light!

Post subject: Re: Healing Rituals
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 am 

For a healing with longer scale, one may first set up the place by forming a circle. It is to keep harmful spirits off and work on a spot where to invite healing spirits...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:36 am 

disciple wrote:
Hi Forest Child,
I am looking for trainings within Europe. Would you please suggest a link or any other info. I know of some shamanic trainers in UK via internet, but have heard no personal word being said about them. I'd appreciate any sharing on this. Thanks in advance!

Love and light!

Sorry, I missed this question. I'm afraid I don't know all that many teachers in Europe other than Jonathan Horwitz.

http://www.shamanism.dk/

and Christiana Harle

who are both way up north.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am 

Anyone who loves rituals will find this classic manual very helpful:
"Everyday Initiations: How to Survive Crises Using Rituals"
Here are some direct links to reviews and prices:
The Book Depository [free worldwide delivery]
Amazon UK
Amazon USA

It's a huge book, but if you are looking for a mechanical "this is how to do rituals" book you will be disappointed. The best rituals are spontaneous and inspired i.e are self-creative, co-creative or "divine receiving" via meditation or journeying. What this book does is to show you the scope and fundamentals for feeding the deep, natural appetite that humans have for ritual, and it is full of ideas and inspirations for how we can make more use of them to help us through LIFE'S TRANSITIONS...

A fundamental role that shamans have always played in their communities is to help us honour, process and move on through the many different phases and experiences of our lives. When the natural flow of our spirit has become STUCK because we CAN'T MOVE ON from something that has happened - or has been lost, OR we can't move forward into a NEW PHASE of our life, then we will fall dysfunctional, ill or unhappy.

Rituals and INITIATIONS [into new experiences] are ancient and vital "Psychodramas" for helping us to cope with, and adapt to, the many changing circumstances of our life.

Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:55 pm 

Whenever I begin a healing session with a client I always create Sacred Space, bringing in the Guardians of the 7 Sacred Directions for the highest good of all. Within Sacred Space I invite in any teachers, ancestors, angles, and other guides who serve love and light for myself and my client who feel they are appropriate in helping during the healing. And I end my prayer by thanking Spirit for the opportunity to serve.

Then I simply wait for instructions from the Guardians as to how to proceed during the session. It's always different each session for every client. I work with sound, laying-on-of-hands, crystal layouts, somato-emotional release, etc. And sometimes they just tell me to sit down and simply hold space for them while they work. When that happens I go into a meditative state and simply be.

To work shamanically you need to trust and rely on the spirits to give you instructions and to be in charge of the healing. If you come from your ego you can interfere with the healing and make yourself vulnerable.

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm 

Here is how I learned to do an egg cleanse...

Open sacred space (call your spirit helpers)

Cleanse client with egg by briskly scrubbing them with it, moving the egg in a circular counterclockwise direction (to unwind toxic energy). Cleanse them all over from top to bottom, front and back. While doing this call on the Apu Huamalipa (sacred anti-sorcery mountain of the Andes) to cleanse the client... I say, "hampe Huamalipa, cleanse my sister."

When done cleansing, crack the egg open in a bowl of water.

Read the contents, do divination. If divination reading includes further healing work, do it then or later.

Close sacred space. (Thank and dismiss your spirit helpers.)

This egg cleansing can be done alone. Or interspersed into a healing session that involves other healing techniques.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:05 pm 

In different healing situations, different rituals are needed...

For example, in soul-loss situations, soul retrieval approaches would be important:
http://www.sunflower-health.com/popups/shamanic.htm

Rain Dance rituals, on the other hand, have been widely used for situations where people have become depressed [dispirited] by life's challenges and stresses - they are not just for praying for rain, but have more general value for blocked or threatening situations:
http://www.stress-counselling.co.uk/int ... manism.htm

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:31 pm 

Teo, why do you need a "fancy ritual"?
Are you planning on putting on some kind of show?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:33 pm 

brothermichael wrote:
Anyone who loves rituals will find this classic manual very helpful:
"Everyday Initiations: How to Survive Crises Using Rituals"
Here are some direct links to reviews and prices:
The Book Depository [free worldwide delivery]
Amazon UK
Amazon USA

It's a huge book, but if you are looking for a mechanical "this is how to do rituals" book you will be disappointed. The best rituals are spontaneous and inspired i.e are self-creative, co-creative or "divine receiving" via meditation or journeying. What this book does is to show you the scope and fundamentals for feeding the deep, natural appetite that humans have for ritual, and it is full of ideas and inspirations for how we can make more use of them to help us through LIFE'S TRANSITIONS...

A fundamental role that shamans have always played in their communities is to help us honour, process and move on through the many different phases and experiences of our lives. When the natural flow of our spirit has become STUCK because we CAN'T MOVE ON from something that has happened - or has been lost, OR we can't move forward into a NEW PHASE of our life, then we will fall dysfunctional, ill or unhappy.

Rituals and INITIATIONS [into new experiences] are ancient and vital "Psychodramas" for helping us to cope with, and adapt to, the many changing circumstances of our life.

At times i have used books that outline a certain ritual and struggle with this. i find that if it is done from my heart and with pure intent then it seems way more natural and feels right.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:53 pm 

North wrote:
Teo, why do you need a "fancy ritual"?
Are you planning on putting on some kind of show?

It's necessary to impress your personal shamanic cosmology in the minds of the people you heal. Siberian shamans are masters at that. Also, you must impress the spirits through ceremony to get their blessings. To enter a state of ecstacy is another reason for a so-called show. Read Eliade and you'll get the idea.

Yours in the struggle,
--Teopiltzin

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:08 am 

I think you should explore energy work outside the context of ritual. The old ways are dieing with the old earth anyway.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:40 pm 

we may consider and turn into wondering about the recognition along with in fact it is much well-known using it on surfaces. We also may use the idea on compacted snow and so on materials. Uggs could be the sheepskin coating it really is incredible factor. The particular sheepskin tends to make retain each of our toes at the best temp -- during the summer time or perhaps winter time or even in planting season that boot styles are in reality should have been donned without having stockings hence the individual may obtain the original result of the sheepskin http://uggsboots.idycandles.com/spam-bailey-button-triplet-sand-boots-p-81.html.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:36 pm 

resonantD wrote:
I think you should explore energy work outside the context of ritual. The old ways are dieing with the old earth anyway.

and im of the opinion that we should let them die while we at the same time use the knowledge of the old world to build upon a modern interpretation. the shaman practices of healing are valid in psychological, emotional and in the case of practices like yoga as a means of keeping the body healthy so that it might not develop problems later on in life, medical conditions you have now (like cancer, diabetes etc) shouldnt be "fixed" by a shaman but by a actual doctor.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing