Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Greetings, peaceful beings! First time poster, new to this
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm 

Hello everyone,
My name is Viktor, and this is my first post on the forum, as I just registered. I’ve undergone a string of negative occurrences over the past couple of years that unfortunately have not let up. In a search for comfort and understanding, I’ve looked in to numerous facets of spirituality and inner growth to find a sense of peace and to improve my situation and relationship with the universe. I’ve been doing some research on energy and auras, which has recently lead me to shamanism. My ultimate goals are to find a way to rid my life of negative energy by bringing in the positive. I also wish to develop a better understanding of spirituality, healing, and inner peace. Regarding shamanism, I’ve come across a group that teaches energy healing called the Four Winds Society. From what I’ve read on their website, the founder (Dr. Villoldo) sounds very well practiced in healing. I also found the concept of a luminous energy field (LEF) to be very interesting. Does anyone know about the teachings of the Four Winds Society, and if so, is this a good place for me to begin my studies in shamanism and energy healing? Is anyone on this forum a member/student of the Four Winds Society? As previously mentioned, I am new to all of this, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Greetings, peaceful beings! First time poster, new to t
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:11 pm 

Hello Spiritualrebirth

Yes, Fourwinds society is very well known among core and neo-shamanic circles.

What is your gut instinct telling you? Does it seem right for you? What do you think about the price and have you read any of Alberto Villoldo's books? Shaman, Healer, Sage is his best known (I think) and certainly helped me to see things differently years ago but even after reading it and finding many answers, I wasn't convinced that his organisation was the teacher for me because it concentrates very strongly on a mix of East Asian concepts 'chakras' and South American/Mexican experiences which have no draw for me whatsoever.

What do your dreams tell you? Do you have journey or altered consciousness experiences? What do they show you? What do you see in your life around you each day? Does a certain animal, plant or place keep showing itself to you?

Sometimes asking to be shown direction and then taking note of everything 'significant' which comes across your path that day will really help. For example, one I asked a question and then asked to be shown direction. I didn't ask to be shown something in particular, just the answer I needed. Off I went, thoroughly expecting to see an animal which would give me some idea but instead, there was a big truck with the words "just go for it" printed on the side. Later I had the same message repeated twice, so 3 times in all (3 is a magic number ;) ) I knew which way to go.

To quote Loren Cruden "The spirit of shamanism remains one of awareness of the sacred, of service to the web of life, and of bridging the realms."

So by asking and then being aware, you are entering into that awareness, service and consciousness of the sacred web of life. Where you live (the land you live upon), your culture, heritage and beliefs will inform the connection you have with the sacred. Who teaches you should ideally take this into consideration rather than fitting you into their mold.

Post subject: Re: Greetings, peaceful beings! First time poster, new to t
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 am 

Nice intro, this is great forum, share more with us :o

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing