Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Fibro myalgia.
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:24 pm 

After many years of suffering, I have finally been diagnosed with Fibro Myalgia. At last I have a diagnosis after being told, so many times, that I am fit and healthy! Just having a name for the problem helps, and when I am 'in control', the pain etc is bearable. I run a small Shamanic Drumming, where we are all learing as we go along - hubby and I are classed the 'experts' which we are not, but we are gently guided by our wonderful guides. They are telling me, that Shamanic drumming is the way - can anyone advise me how to go forward?

Wind wisperer

Post subject: Re: Fibro myalgia.
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:05 pm 

You may wish to contact this shaman:

http://www.mythkenner.com/shamanism_helping.html

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:48 pm 

What do you mean by, "go forward?" BTW, it's Fibromyalgia (one word) or FMS for short.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:32 am 

I mean that I am going to beat this. I know its one step at a time - and I know that drumming is the way. I am learning as I go along, so any help or advice on healing by drumming would be gratefully received. Are there any special drum rhythms that I am not aware of (there must be plenty but I only know the two). I use the Eagle beat, followed by the Heart beat, followed by the Eagle as a thank you.
Namaste

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:23 am 

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you have FM.

The advice I can give you comes solely from the tradition I was initiated into. Other shamans from different traditions may have something else to say.

What I am saying is that the rhythms are not what is important. In the Tuvan way of shamanising, individual shamans drum in their own way, just how they feel it - at the time.

They may drum one way on one occasion, and another way at another time. It's the concentration that's important, not playing particular rhythms.

First of all, listen closely to your drum, even getting near to the drumhead with your ear. Respond without thinking - to what you hear.

The idea is to connect with energy, and manipulate it. Often this will be directed at someone else to heal them. In your case it will be directed into yourself.

Don't worry about the drumming. Let the drumming take care of itself.

Lose yourself in the process.

I wish you success.

Mackenzie Blyth

http://sites.google.com/site/macadyg/

macadyg@gmail.com

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:01 pm 

I received fibromyalgia diagnosis at 1995, with severe muscle fatigue and chronic pain. At 2003 I was painfree. I tried every possible way at hand and after 7 years symptoms were gone.

If you want to cure yourself, find a person who has treated same condition before with complete success.

That is stronger and faster than leaning on just one possible way ease pains, which you do not seem to understand how to use effectively.

Ask your spirits again. Drumming is a way for what? To cure your fibromyalgia symptoms or way of life in general.

Ask your spirits, what you can do to ease the pains. First of all ask why you have the pains at all, what is the reason and origin of your present condition. It is always good to understand history, backround, how you have come to that. Use your drum as it is meant for, a horse/canoe to carry you.

Drumming is not a pill, which works for you, if you take it regularly! If you think so, it's for my liking missing the whole consept of shamanic healing.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:02 am 

Mackenzie , thank you so much for that advice. Its funny, but I am already doing that. It just sometimes takes the advice of someone with more experience than me, just to confirm that what I'm doing is right. Thank you so much, my friend, for those wise words
Namaste
Wind Wisperer

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:08 am 

Jusma wrote:
Drumming is not a pill, which works for you, if you take it regularly! If you think so, it's for my liking missing the whole consept of shamanic healing.

Thank you Jusma for your comments. I am well aware that drumming is not a pill etc. I am not a Shaman, but I AM a healer, have been healing for most of my life (60 years plus). I found drumming the Shamanic way with the help of a dear friend. I healed my cancer and now I'm going for the FM. Whatever needs healing on the way will be dealt with (or has been dealt with) I'm following MY path, and this is the way I'm being pointed.
Namaste
Wind Wisperer

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:22 pm 

Glad to hear you have more experience, than I thought from your first message. It sounded a bit like somebody, who is messed up quite badly with basic consept of shamanism and do not know if he want to get better or learn to drum. Rhythm really does not matter so much. It is as it is, varying in moment. That way it is alive. Just like Mackenzie put it.

I just wish you luck on your way merging with the resonance, vibration of your drum. If you already know your way, and already do the steps everything lies in front of you.

Basic consept with drumming is to merge with your drum. When you have connection same time with spirit and feel you do not do the drumming, but drum itself sings through you, then you do it right. (at my point of view)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:49 am 

Thanks you Jusma. I love it when my drum bursts into song and I feel the sensation change as we blend together. We had 7 drums in my Drumming Circle, and when they all joined together, the sounds were just amazing. They just blended into one.
I have only been drumming the Shamanic way for 2 years, but have learned so much. I work with my guides who every so often teach me new rhythms to use in the Circle. And yes, FM is definitely MY problem, which I have to deal with, with the help of the Drum.
Namaste my friend
Wind Wisperer

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing