Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Energy Channeling
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:49 am 

Does anyone work with energy healing where they channel an energy directly to the client? That is how I want to work, but I'm not quite there yet.

More specifically, has anyone been able to channel a vibration that they themselves were not aware of, but was just, "the answer"?

I ask this because I tried to heal myself this way, and I ended up "writing" a bunch of other people's vibrations onto my solar plexus area and it doesn't feel good. I want to make it feel like it did before that.

Any related insight or info is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Post subject: Re: Energy Channeling
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:02 am 

Although I work shamanically, my specialty is energy healing. When asked to do so by the Spirits, I can do several different energy work techniques with my clients, however most of the time I simply let the Guardians of the Directions do the work.

The spirits know exactly what needs to be healed. It doesn't sound like you are working with spirits. My advise is to either get some proper training in energy work and/or training in shamanic healing. If you really don't know what you are doing, then don't do it. I would also suggest you go to a professional healer to get yourself back in balance.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:38 pm 

Mrrh, never seen that before.

That sort of technique is closer to what witches do, isn't it? Better to ask them, they tend to do more direct energy work.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:02 am 

It is a common mistake to think that journeying is the only way to work with the Spirits. Although the work of Michael Harner has been very important in the development of popularizing shamanism today, it is by no means the only way to work with the Spirits that be in any of the worlds.

My training includes a four-year Native American apprenticeship where I was taught how to contact and work with the Seven Sacred Directions and they in turn work with my shamanic clients directly with clearing their energy and healing them.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:56 am 

It sounded more like the practitioner was sending the energy directly instead of working with spirit allies, which is a bit different.

From a European Witchcraft perspective, it's possible to dismiss or disperse an energy form simply by asking it to. Not as simple as it sounds, needs focused intent and probably direct contact. This works with charms and wards, not sure if it would work on one's solar plexus...

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:16 am 

I have been interacting with my own energy in very exciting ways since this.

Fun story: my mother's soul fragments are violently pessimistic, as such they try to destroy my energies to avoid the pain of effort. Recently, I felt all the energies in my torso start to melt, and willed them not to. Been communicating with them directly since then. :)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:13 am 

It is possible to learn and study energy healing by your own, if you work and communicate with your spirit allies same time.

Some people can work effectively by energy channeling. But here some bad experiences:

The very first class I attended showd, that teacher (Superbhyperbreikimaster) did not actually know anything about energy, how it moves or how/why it affects. Basis of teaching was just blind faith, what some other person had told or wrote. No case studies was presented, what kind of clients benefit from treatment. What can be done wrong, and how it affects. By my own experiments, I new more and afterwards prayed, that all the "initiations" were taken away from me. So, that only my original way of energy work remains.

With that energy channeling work I never achieved any seen results. Only thing, what actually happened, was that clients had different "feelings" of warmth or chill. Thay were maybe buffed temporary with energy, so they were a bit brighter, heads on clouds, but that vanished after few hours. No lasting results. Compared to my massage, which solved physical problems sometimes immediatly, energy work was a bit waste of time.

When a healer opens himself like a channel, there is always possibility, that something comes along, which was not intended. Expesially, if a healer is a bit tired and his defences are low (client is already at vulnerable position). It also seems, that major problems may follow, if healer is not empty of own desires at the moment of channeling.

Like in every field of healing there is great variety of quality. I have heard there is good energychannelers, who can get results with their energytechniques, but my own turned out to be minor tool if a tool at all (problems of spiritual origin I could ease with it, if I forget all instructions given in a class and follow my intuition).

Harm can be done, has been done by energyhealing.

It does not help, that energywork is often taken as a playingground. Quality education would help avoid innecessary mistakes.

Back to the question, if somebody does direct direct energychanneling to client?
Yes, I did so, but nomore, unless somebody really asks for it. Technique requires a lot of own study, because nobody teaches it well. That technique can be developod to affect meridians by your fingertips and that way reach deep.

One friend took quality one-three year (cannot remember right) class of energyhealing. There thay learned to use very similar techniques as barbara explained. Those seems to work and are safe (have not heard any backfires there). Also that is very similar to shamanic work anyways.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:38 pm 

Resonant asked:

Does anyone work with energy healing where they channel an energy directly to the client? That is how I want to work, but I'm not quite there yet.

Resonant, yes there are those of us who do this. You can learn from books (which was part of my training) but it is helpful to have someone to bounce ideas off of as well. The Internet can be a blessing in this way.

There are probably as many ways to do this as there are practitioners. I am a Reiki Master, Shamanic Druid and Witch by initiation and training.
My energy work is based on all these things--intertwined you might say.

The very first, and very basic, things you should learn before attempting energy healing are Grounding and Shielding. these things will keep you Safe. Look 'em up, you'll be glad you did :D After that, read, research, and don't forget to follow you instincts and/or Guides.
Experiment, be happy, and Have fun . :mrgreen:

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing