Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Does anyone know any real traditional shamans?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:38 am 

Does anyone know of any real traditional shamans who would be willing to try to heal my problem? Especially any noajde. I have been searching for years and these are so difficult to find, and when I think I have found one, they either do not reply, turns out to be a core shaman who thinks they are a traditional, or a fraud. It is really frustrating, all this searching, there must be some real ones out there somewhere. Please do not mention the Mongolian societies, they are frauds, they are not real shamans. I believe there must be genuine Mongolian shamans but these will not belong to those societies. Please can anyone put me in contact with a real shaman, I am very desperate!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:52 pm 

Yes Barry.

The ears of acceptance need to first be cleaned out.

With respect
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:15 pm 

I know of one, a powerful maori man. He lives in Ohio, USA. I do not know what ails you, but I have heard from a source (whose reliability is beyond reproach) that he is the real deal.

Though I think you might do well to follow Elizabeth's advice, I understand how frustrating it can be to wade through the fakes and charlatans out there.

Good luck to you, my friend.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 am 

Last edited by stitcherman on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:58 am 

Hello TwinBull

Thank you for suggesting the Maori man. Do you know if he performs distance healing as I cannot travel. Please how do I contact this man?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 pm 

Welcome. I have very little information about this man, as I am trying to contact him myself. But I will PM you what I have. Good luck.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 am 

what is your problem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 am 

i am sorry i so aften angrily comment on your posts Barry, some of what you say is right,

"The Tao that can be described is not the real Tao"
Lao Tsu, Tao Te Ching

this quote may shed light on why the practitioners on the forum are having problems seeming true because it is ridiculously hard to describe the true esscence of healing or spirit.

StoneCrow...

...but remember with caution that

"those who talk, do not know.
those who know, do not talk."
same source.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:19 pm 

barry wrote:
Thank you for suggesting the Maori man. Do you know if he performs distance healing as I cannot travel. Please how do I contact this man?

My experience is that most traditional shamans and medicine people who are the real deal do not do remote doctoring. Part of the reason is the need to connect with the patient at a spiritual or soul level to affect the cure and searching for that specific soul out in the milieu is difficult; the other is that part of the doctoring is handled by the shaman's physical actions seen by the patient.

I do know that curenderas/os do remote healing, but they are not shamans.

Blessings,
~Nick

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 am 

Hi Nick,

I believe you may be right on distance healing, as most traditional shamans I contact and ask for a healing agree until I ask for distance healing then I hear no more. I naturally assumed that they were false and had no healing power but you may have a point there. I recently contacted a Russian anthropologist who knows some Siberian shamans and I asked him if one of these shamans would be willing to perform distance healing for me. He replied saying that they only normally perform distance healing within their own country but he said he will ask them next time he sees them.

I have one hell of a problem if shamans do not perform distance healing as this problem prevents me from travelling.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 am 

I find it interesting that people request a "real" shaman versus a non-indigenous shaman. Why do people think that one is better than the other? Is there a difference between results?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:57 pm 

blackcrow19 wrote:
I find it interesting that people request a "real" shaman versus a non-indigenous shaman. Why do people think that one is better than the other? Is there a difference between results?
Could be because most from our culture are "shamanic practitioners" that have not gone through the formal rites of passage work associated with this title, nor have most even studied with a traditional man or woman. And many times the results are quite different - it's like a meal coming out of the oven half baked... Can not tell you how many folks i have encountered that have taken shamanic workshops and learned a few tricks that call themselves shamans. In my opinion, being a healthy skeptic is a good thing and I think it is best to pray and then trust what comes through before we work with anyone in the healing realms. We all drive different cars and each car performs in different ways...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:52 pm 

I have not have the opportunity to study with traditional shamans. My guidance has come from my spirit guides. However, it hasn't stopped the effectiveness of the healings which are performed in the spirit realm. I have followed the guidance of my spirit guides. Perhaps it is a two-edged sword, on one hand I have received training not tainted by tradition or preconceived ideas, but have not had access to the information passed down from shaman to shaman.

In a world that needs as many spiritual people as possible, it would be good to encourage people from all walks of life to explore shamanism. Many who dedicate their lives to helping others.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:46 pm 

i hear you blackcrow and am spirit trained myself...was just trying to offer a possible explanation b/c way too many from our culture call ourselves 'shamans' when we are really practitioners and have in no way gone through the kinds of rites of passage that a traditional medicine person/shaman goes through... in my opinion, the work of anyone truly connected to spirit is going to be effective but we all do drive different cars and each car performs in different ways" so if someone needs/wants a lamborghini then no way spirit will ever direct them to a vw beetle lol...believe it comes down to how committed we are and how clear our pipes are b/c all healing for medicine folks of any kind comes from that one source, and i have met one or 2 alleged traditionals that i wouldn't let touch me with a 10 foot pole...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:05 am 

When I use the term "real" shaman I mean exactly that, real. Someone who really is a shaman no matter what their cultural background. Most are psychologists who think they are shamans or just frauds.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing