Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:19 am 

I am likewise searching for an authentic native American healing experience. One of my patients spent time with the Lakota Sioux. She said you have to be invited and must be prepared to be turned away. Anyone have any idea how you get invited?
A Dr. Stanley Krippner, PhD, at Saybrook University in Long Island, suggested, that since I travel to Brazil regularly I should look up an initiated Navaho shaman in Sao Paulo named Baby Garroux. Well, I did. She lives in a palace and wants about $1500 for a week of healing, not exactly what I had in mind. She would not refer me to the Navaho unless I paid her a lot for an "introduction".
A friend who happened to be in Ecuador on family matters visited a woman shaman who charged $35 for an hour and gave her more help than she's had from anyone so far. She told me she got the name from the head of Shaman Portal, and gave me his Email address. When I Emailed him he said he didn't give recommendations. She said I have to go meet him and talk to him in person. Exactly how do I do that.
Any info on how I can get healed without being SCALPED is appreciated.

Post subject: real shaman
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:23 am 

yes I know a real traditional shaman who is a healer but he does not advertise, use the internet or make himself easily available. he's coming to europe to do sweat lodges--here in andalucia spain but his work in healing specific people is done in their presence.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 pm 

fwtiw - i had prayed and then was looking for traditional native american medicine folks, but never found them.... however, years later when i had stopped looking and when the time was right, a couple were literally brought to my home via others...

Post subject: i think everybody has their own shamanic potentials
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 pm 

it's up to us to get to know our innate shaman.....who can help you see yourself as you are.......what your fears and ailments are........etc.......i've been to peru and met a few.....they are everywhere but be careful who you choose some are just out to make a buck......others the more traditional and uncorrupted by want of money and material posessions are the more sincere and helpful ............imo

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm 

barry wrote:
When I use the term "real" shaman I mean exactly that, real. Someone who really is a shaman no matter what their cultural background. Most are psychologists who think they are shamans or just frauds.

Hi,
If you think and declare THAT, it will be exactly THAT what you will encounter.

Modern day shamans go with Quantum Physics... So, maybe you wanna update yourself...?
:wink:

Post subject: Re: Does anyone know any real traditional shamans?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:25 am 

What does it tell us if a 'shaman' will only take someone who has a previous introduction or who turns people away? What does it say about us if we believe that the only 'real' healers are from a 1st Nation culture?

For me I go on gut instinct, does this person/healer/shaman 'feel' right?
Are they charging a sensible fee (everyone has to have money to live) or an extortionate amount?
Are they shrouded in secrecy (why???) or open and accessable?

My mother is not 1st nation or was her mother yet both were intuitive healers. They didn't charge money because you were ostracised for doing such things back then but they could both lay on hands to relieve pain and suffering. Were they frauds or somehow lesser healers because they were white and English?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:29 am 

What Forest Child said. When I look for someone for myself, it's all intuitively derived. I do see if they have a particular focus, but it's mostly intuition. And my clients generally say they found me and they just knew I was the one. I think that kind of honoring self can go a long way with choosing any modality of care provider.

Dream well.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:57 am 

Skelleyh wrote:
What Forest Child said. When I look for someone for myself, it's all intuitively derived. I do see if they have a particular focus, but it's mostly intuition. And my clients generally say they found me and they just knew I was the one. I think that kind of honoring self can go a long way with choosing any modality of care provider.

Dream well.

Precisely and it also empowers the person who is seeking healing by allowing them to trust in themselves and their own decision making.

We live in a world of supposed certainties where everyone should have a certificate or proof of what they know yet in the field of shamanic healing there is, and can be, no such thing. In this situation, the very act of taking responsibility for our decisions is part of the healing in many cases.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:56 am 

Hey all,
these post are getting much information for traditional shaman,
I have no deeply knowledge buy I hearing someone for real traditional shaman,
Who is a healer but he does not advertise, use the internet or make himself easily available.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:41 am 

It would be most constructive if the users of this forum could give listings of their experiences with healers of any persuasion they have encountered who were capable of healing stubborn, chronic or life-threatening illness without charging thousands of dollars. Instead of debating who is a "real" shaman it would be of practical value to generate a go-to list of healers who deliver.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:53 pm 

drjudithvolpe wrote:
It would be most constructive if the users of this forum could give listings of their experiences with healers of any persuasion they have encountered who were capable of healing stubborn, chronic or life-threatening illness without charging thousands of dollars. Instead of debating who is a "real" shaman it would be of practical value to generate a go-to list of healers who deliver.

With respect, that is not so easy. It's not the shaman who heals but their spirits and yours, the shaman is merely a good intermediary. Sometimes a serious, life-threatening condition may be healed, sometimes not but that really depends on a whole host of other factors including soul agreements.

Mi-Shell Jessen is one of the people I think you are referring to. 1st nation Siberian but living in Canada. I can attest to her genuine skills and connection with spirit and if you ever meet her you will know she doesn't live the lifestyle of the rich and famous! She is well respected by her 1st Nation Ojibwe and Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) neighbours and is acknowledged by them as a Shaman, healer and teacher.

http://www.bearpawjewellery.com/holding ... dfast.html

I hope this helps in your search.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:16 am 

Thank you, Forest Child

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm 

I don't believe in "real vs. unreal" type of categorization.
I just believe in ones that can get things done, and one who just claim it and take your money.

And I just want to find those who are willing to teach those who are eager to learn...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:25 pm 

intern wrote:
I don't believe in "real vs. unreal" type of categorization.
I just believe in ones that can get things done, and one who just claim it and take your money.

And I just want to find those who are willing to teach those who are eager to learn...

Well, good for you - I think that is just what we are talking about here. Those who can get things done. Surely that is what real vs unreal comes down to?

Sometimes not all those who are willing to learn are suitable for training - what happens then? Is the teacher unable to 'get things done'?

Sorry . . . bad day.

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:40 pm 

TwinBull wrote:
I know of one, a powerful maori man. He lives in Ohio, USA. I do not know what ails you, but I have heard from a source (whose reliability is beyond reproach) that he is the real deal.

Though I think you might do well to follow Elizabeth's advice, I understand how frustrating it can be to wade through the fakes and charlatans out there.

Good luck to you, my friend.

Twinbull please message me I would like to get in contact with this Maori man thank you!!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing