Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Dismemberment
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:34 pm 

Hi everyone,

Dismemberment is a gift from Spirit. However, like other gifts from Spirit it can come with a cost.

My partner and I attended an extraction healing workshop last November. In it he experienced a life altering dismemberment. Since that time he has experienced a loss of confidence, marginal to extreme body pain, crabbiness... overall just not feeling like himself.

He has journeyed since then, had an extraction done, and has been involved with a Reiki circle twice a month for the last year.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of extreme reaction to a dismemberment?

Can anyone suggest a particular journey or healing technique that he may be able to try. It has been a very frustrating year for him (and myself).

Thanks,

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:32 pm 

Hi Kriket,

Your partner might try a re-memberment journey if he hasn't already done so. If it doesn't seem like re-memberment is going to happen by itself at the end of a dismemberment journey, it is very important to ask the spirits to re-member you at the end of the journey. It sounds to me like that didn't happen.

IF and only IF he feels comfortable with the idea, he might ask to re-enter the dismemberment journey so that he can ask the spirits to complete the process by remembering him.

Another option might be for him to tell you about the journey in detail or to let you read his notes - and then, you ask your spirits to let you journey into his journey to ask the spirits there (namely, his spirits) about what happened - about why he is so out of sorts - and about what can/should be done to help him out of this state. Journeying into someone else's journey (only with their explicit permission of course) is an interesting way of elaborating on the experience or information the spirits have offered especially if someone is confused about what they received.

It is also important to note that even if you should come back with information that the original journeyer rejects, the rejection is of the information and not you. In fact, the rejection of the information may be just what is needed so that the person can get on the right track. I hope that makes sense to you.

Sometimes the spirits will give an explicit gift in the process of re-memberment, though they won't necessarily do that. I've had more than one where they didn't do that, but it's nice when they do. I've also had more than one dismememberment where I had no clue about why they felt it necessary to do it....and no, I never did figure it out.

As a tangent more than anything else, a shamanic OR friend of mine recently commented that the spirits do seem to do dismemberments with an enthusiasm, even glee, that seems just a tad inappropriate!

I don't know if these ideas will be of any help to you. I'll be very interested in seeing what others have to suggest.

Chris

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:58 pm 

Hi Chris,

I really appreciated your answer. He was re-membered, however the experience left him really shaken and feeling unwell.

I also did not think to suggest to him to re-enter the journey experience. I did let him read your response.

Your ideas gave me a bit of a push for my Friday circle. I am working with our shadows and shadow side of our spiritual and physical condition. My partner did have a partner for his journey, however she was not able to bring back concrete information regarding the 'shadow' side of his experience.

If he does ask me in the future to journey to his spirits I would not hesitate to do so.

I don't always claim to understand why spirit does what it does, but sometimes the after affects are not at all positive. I asked him after it had happened if he felt he needed me to do further work, but it did not interest him at the time.

Dismemberment is an odd experience, and I agree that they do seem to do it with a bizarre zest. And there does not seem to be much written about it. I have experienced my own dismemberments, but nothing that has left me physically and spiritually sore afterwards. His whole body for the last year has been sore and 'out of whack'.

I will keep your journey ideas on hand for future reference.

Again, thanks Chris for your fast and thought provoking response.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:28 am 

Hi Kriket,

Its good to see you again. You might remember be as Jase from Pennsylavania. ; )

This one is a tough call. Did he pick something up? Did the shaman who did the work put him back together with just himself or some other energies.

During dismemberment you get rid of the things that are NOT you and replace them with the things that ARE you. I'd say some of the reverse happened.

Not feeling like himself. "Ding" I'd say that soul retrieval is in order big time here.

No wonder why he is depressed.

Ask him to place his hand on a spot of his body that doesn't feel like himself. Ta dah. Any response here warrants further work.

He needs to be filled with his energy right now. Getting filled with anything else right now only fills in the holes or heals the energies that are NOT him and continues to leave the parts that are not him there.

Imagine if you had a house with several people you know or do not know. after while a doctor comes by, bandages everyone up, heals everyone then leaves. Guess what those people (parts) are still there and stronger.

I hope this helps.

Traveler/Jase

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 am 

I know this is an old subject, but it's important and should not be ignored because this is used as an initiation for shamans. It should be done right, and I get the feeling many have skipped this part of their practice.

I can diagnose, that this attempt at the dismemberment practice wasn't finished. I say this, because there is no report of the gain of a new body until days later. After the destruction of the body, by whatever method, a new body is built and replaced completing the cycle. And there is a thousand different ways the destruction and building of a new body can happen.

I haven't done any of the more intense ones, because I've only been preparing for them. I'll post how that goes later.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing