Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Dark Influences
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:13 pm 

DARK INFLUENCES

I'm a fairly new member here, and I know I have miles to go before I'll feel any mastery of shamanism. However, in reading the posts here, the topic of dark influence comes up again and again. This is a topic that should be understood and recognized for what it is. I've had many experiences with it, as I've been on the spiritual path for the last twenty years, although I'm fairly new to shamanism.

I was taught about and have personally experienced this dark feeling many times, and as our light and power grows from our spiritual work, we will attract "evil spirits", or as I learned to call them, dark entities, by our light. My belief, again based on my experience and not from what someone told me, is this: there are those who have lived their lives with no belief in or contact with the Light and the Good. They are those non-believers who affirm again and again that "Life sucks, and then you die and thats the end of everything". So when they die, this belief is still their truth. The only experience they have after death is that they invisibly keep on living their dreary lives of non-belief on another plane of existence, and for all eternity. Think about it. "The Sixth Sense" was about this. They were a pain in the a__ in life, and in their afterlife, instead of going into the light as the believers do, they continue to live their boring lives on the astral plane. They are able to visit those living in distress and can make them feel even worse with their dark energy, which is pretty much what they did in life. This is their fun. They are also drawn to those who's light shines brightly and take pleasure in causing them misery.

They are the cause of a lot of the trouble in our lives. Before I learned about this, I was frequently depressed and lonely, like most "normal" people. I was taught a quick 'n easy healing prayer (it only takes a few minutes) that sends them into the light and ends their career of bothering others. The prayer gives immediate relief, and after saying it, an important part of the action is to declare that you are surrounded by a sphere of light and that your aura is closed to any further darkness.

After practicing this for many years, I can immediately sense when there is darkness around me, although this rarely happens to me any more. I guess they've realized that they're wasting their time with me.

I'm still learning about the shamanic equivalents to this kind of entity healing. It is certainly a form of soul retrieval. The shamans that I've discussed this with have no interest in it at all, as they feel their way works just fine. But from what I've read again and again on this and many other spiritual sites, this form of possession, for that's what it is, is omnipresent in people's lives.

If there is much response to this topic, I'll gladly post the prayer here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:48 am 

MY "KIND" BENIFACTOR

When i first started i met a spirit who apeared to me as a man with black eyes and a red face, ive known him for a while now and i know he has kind moods and not sokind ones to give examples,

in a kind mood he has organised amazing meetings and journeys for me that have changed my life for the better...

...and when i showed someone to enter a trance [ this is the only human related part of my what i do and it has been authorised by my spirit teacher ] they went mad and not the good type of mad after they had calmed and i had thrown together a rough protection spell/thing they said that all they could see was a red angry face, although in retrospect this was a friend who was troubled and stealing, commiting alot of crimes at this time and since this experience he has turned around and become a very happy person wether or not it was because of this event.

so i have learnt that you should respect these darker spirit helpers because they may also cause alot of trouble.

StoneCrow...
i dont know if this post means anything or even makes any sense. Oh well

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:36 pm 

Hi Albert,

I would be interested in knowing your healing prayer. If you choose not to post it, I'd appreciate very much if you send it to me off list. Thank you!

Night Crow

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:26 pm 

ho to you both;
well, once you "hang your shingle out" and start doing this work, the energies come. All of them. Now you do have to set "boundaries" or you'll be up at all hours of the day and night. :roll:

To me, the energies are neither good nor bad. It's how they are used or manifest in a person that makes them good or bad. And yes, they come in many forms. Possessions are a totally different situation, and can be a positive or negative event. It depends on many things.

Extractions, both awake and underworld are not for the light-hearted. And I mean that in ALL sense of that word and phrase. Just sending the White Light and Love is not going to fix the problem. Neither is intent. Much training and help from your Guides and/or Teachers is required.

Psychopomp is the term for leading or taking lost souls "to the Light." Even that must be done with much care and preparation so that they do not become attached to you and come back or remain lost, now reeking havoc in YOUR life.

Now don't get me wrong - prayers are wonderful, beautiful, powerful tools. But that's all they are. You had better know how to use the tools... that is as important as it is to know what tools to use.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:00 pm 

I too would like to know this prayer because I can relate to the feelings you had before you learned it. Right now I sometimes attract "lost" entities who just plumb wear me out and cause much mental anguish to me personally. I thank you for your guidance with this.

KODIAK

-As Shaman we must know both light and dark so we may help to heal others of their own darkness within, May the spirit of the Owl guide us in the night and safely return us to the morning light.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:05 am 

Rachara El, I agree with you. There isn't anyone on our path's that can hurt us unless we let them. So saying prayers for protection can be seen as a waste of energy. We should just believe that we are in control of our path's and live this truth and protection prayers and things are N/A. If you believe you need to say a prayer for protection than you have let fear enter into your path and this should not be. Thank you for your postings!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 am 

One of the most important things we must do is to constantly work on ourselves to become as neutral as possible. If we are not focused, cleared or stand with integrity as best we can - and this is a DAILY doing - then we will attract these heavy energies.

Like attracts like.

Remember that when the shit starts flying around, don't be a target for the shit. Be neither dark nor light but be neutral as this is where you are able to be in balance and do the work.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:26 am 

Rachara El,
Your words are true but don't forget that one must know what light and dark are in order to tell the difference between the two and get to neutral ground before that energy becomes "attached" to you. I struggle with the shadow and darker energies right now and someday will be able to master these darker energies and know how to deal with them in a better more balanced way.

Travel well,
KODIAK

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:40 pm 

kodiak wrote:
...don't forget that one must know what light and dark are...

exactly - and I've noted that before.

Work steadily, Kodiak. I honor your path.
We must refine our selves and our skills all the time.

Post subject: Re:DARK INFLUENCES
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:04 pm 

My problems with it may seem a bit nit-picky really. The game recommends that you use five dice, but it comes with one. Luckily I usually play L5R on Sundays, so I had extra d10's with me, but it would have been a huge pain to roll a single die over and over again.
----------------------
williamgeorge
portal

Post subject: Re:DARK INFLUENCES
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:25 am 

williamgeorge wrote:
My problems with it may seem a bit nit-picky really. The game recommends that you use five dice, but it comes with one. Luckily I usually play L5R on Sundays, so I had extra d10's with me, but it would have been a huge pain to roll a single die over and over again.
----------------------
williamgeorge

huh?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:51 pm 

:shock: I guess your right! Some dice can be very heavy you don't want to develope carporal tunnel and have to ask a SHAMAN to help HEAL your problem!!!!!!!! :wink: Jim

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:12 pm 

yeppers - this has really taken on a dark influence, as I am totally in the dark about what ever Williamgeorge is talking about.

no dice games for me!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:24 pm 

Darkness cannot shine into light.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:50 pm 

I had a vision not so long ago related to this very topic.

I was a rather strange morning for me, waking up at 6 am to a rather nasty stomach ache which of course lead to me puking like hell for about ten minutes, and (after giving in and getting the Pepto Bismal,) I managed to make my way back to bed.

Well, I can't say I exactly fell back asleep, rather I fell straight into a dream state. I can't recall the details of my dream's beginning, suffice to say I found myself being confronted by three generic individuals, powerful spiritually, but generic in intentions. They were there to test me, forcing me to undergo a strange test involving me puking while standing on my head, (still haven't figured out the reason behind that.)

None-the-less I passed, without blinking an eye. I was taken to a mansion, manor, whatever you wish to call it. It was big, but not 'lavish'. There I was told to enter and grouped up with about 15 other individuals who had equally been tested by their subsequent groups. I got the impression that the others in the collection were equally as clueless as I.

I found myself eventually talking to a group of the people who were in 'guard' like positions, a few of them girls and the guys were the same ones who had 'tested' me before. After being referred to as the 'cute' one by some of the girls I was showed to the person, and the reason I had really been brought to the house.

Much to my surprised I found myself facing Ghandi. Bit of a pleasant shock to my system to say the least. After conversing some, and joking a bit, he got to the point of the dream. I was there essentially to help him with an issue. As he explained, in practice he had found himself focusing too much on the passive non-violence aspect of nature, and was in a sense 'walking too close to the light' which as always, 'the closer you move to the light, the larger your shadow becomes.'

He had inadvertently created a darker version of himself on the inside, which had become unstable and was bringing him to his limits. My purpose, (which unlike all the others in the house who were simply being brought to Ghandi for spiritual training,) my purpose was to help him to expunge the darker side of him. And as he himself even said to me I had to be willing to out right kill him if it became too strong. To which I merely cracked a somewhat malicious looking grin at the idea of taking on this dark version of Ghandi.

Needless to say I managed to smudge the darker side of him, but didn't outright remove it, it submerged back into his spirit and, at least for the time being, left him in control of himself once more.

After the dream, several days later at a Christmas Dinner at our family friends house, the lady there passed out presents just before we ate. When we opened up the books I found myself looking at a book with the words "DREAM" about Martin Luther King Jr. (and ironically Martin is my first name,) written on the cover in big letters, and looking over to my left, the person sitting next to me had another book with the words "PEACE" about Mahatma Ghandi, and his face clear on the cover. Coincidence? I say not...

While the dream was...weird (as all too many of my dreams end up)...the message itself was clear. Dark and Light are of two sides of the same coin, you cannot hope to find yourself clearly on one side without disrupting your personal balance.

Harmony does not mean Peace alone. Peace and War are the same coin, and only when they learn to find balance in them does a natural Harmony begin to vibrate.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing