Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Can I be healed?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:04 am 

I was wondering if anyone in this forum has ever been healed of depression or anxiety by shamanic means? I have both of these and neither of them are linked to real life events, my depression is more or less from low-self esteem and is really intense when I'm not on my meds, and my anxiety isnt as bad but is controlled by my meds.

Any input is welcome.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:41 pm 

While I believe that you should indeed continue on your medication if you have been told it to be necessary, I have healed myself from a crippling low self esteem and confidence. The depression I'm not sure, that kind of stopped as well, but not too sure if I'd call it cured.

Well, I just took a simple dip into the underworld with my spirit guides. I then broke a bunch of walls, destroyed a giant sand worm, came across another wall, broke it, and ate the heart that came out of it.

It was one of my more awesome trips. My point is, try a trip. We have a great forum list on soul recovery. Regaining something you lost like courage or self respect or the happiness you've lost or never had is like recovering a part of our soul. You can always find a shaman in your area to preform the act, or do it yourself.

Disclaimer: I have no idea how I do anything, but it works for me because I believe in myself so. You can try anything you think would help.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 pm 

viewtopic.php?t=423

Thats what happens when I try to do my own soul recovery/retrieval. I don't know if I even know how to journey, it all feels like its in my head. Everything Ive ever seen is fresh out of my memory or past imagination, everything Ive ever experienced in the spirit world is a glaring reflection of my own mind is what I'm beginning to believe. I think way too much is my problem. I never experience anything cool like breaking through walls or battling sand worms.

Maybe I'm just not cut out to be a shaman?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 pm 

Kstep wrote:
http://shamanportal.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=423

Maybe I'm just not cut out to be a shaman?

I think you are. I think everyone is if they can find their own way to accept life as a dream.
If you think everything you see is just the reflection of a memory it probably is, because that's the only way you can see them. Our visions are reflections of ourselves. This is how we know what we're doing. I believe I know what your difficulty is and I'm going to post it in the topic of your forum for you journeys.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:33 am 

Find someone who is very good at soul retrieval. The first step in getting healed properly is getting your fractured energy back together. You will go through a few weeks off ups and downs during integration but it is worth it.

Next take care of that bad belly. The Tibetans forst address bad belly. Get your absorbtion back in tact. eat healty and don't kid yourself.

I don't think many of us wake up and say Today is the day I want to be a shaman.

The simpliest way to find out if you are is if sudenly you wake up to a core of people who call you that and won't leave you alone...lol

Remember one old tradition. Shamans used to be the ones taken out of society to heal themselves and focus on other things in life.

Some people have just the wrong chemical set up in the brain. From what I have come across. Most people just need to make a few adjustments to their lives and then let things flow.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:54 pm 

I think that matters of disturbed personality can be healed. I was once assistant at a basic workshop, and was asked to do poweranimal retrieval for one partisipant. The journey turned out to something else. I saw patient's huge distorted figure made of glass, I broke it and from the particless of broken glass was formed the patient as she was. I do not know what probles she may had, but that was the journey. And for me it is not so strange if journey turns to somthing else, what is actually needed, than willing my own purpose through.
So, I would also recommed you to ask somebody else to do journey for you. That is what other humans are for. Sometimes it is impossible to do journey for yourself, because of restlesness or other reason.

Post subject: Structure of the Psyche?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:39 am 

Is there any interest in discussing the structure of the psyche? I use the Jungian theory that the psyche is composed of various archtypes or selves if you will. such as the parent, the inner child, etc.

Last edited by Dreamtimer on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Message to Kstep
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 am 

This message is in response to Kstep[. I think most of these intuitive things are harder for intellectual types because we have such strong inner dialog going all the time. I have a Masters in psychology and it's my opinion that is the ego trying to maintain control of the psyche.(It believes it has that control) The ego won't let go because it is afraid it will lose that perceived control. The ego has no faith in the integrity of the entire psychic structure. Trying journeying more, just journey without a goal or purpose and trust your inner wise self. This is what worked for me and I had the same sort of inner dialog you are reporting. Read some Jungian stuff. This is also one reason why some shamans take or administer hullicinagenics to break down that ego barrier. Good Journeying, Dreamtimer

Post subject: Re: Structure of the Psyche?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:04 pm 

Dreamtimer wrote:
Is there any interest in discussing the structure of the psyche? I use the Jungian theory that the psyche is composed of various archtypes or selves if you will. such as the parent, the inner child, etc.

I would like to hear about structure of the psyche. 8)

Go ahead and post it here or start a new thread on the topic.

Thanks in advance,
Old Rivers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:57 pm 

Thanks for the readings. I definitely want to give this a try. A new train of thought that might be able to reduce or eliminate my anxiety

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:49 pm 

I know anxiety well.
If you can find a good shamanic healer who knows how to do a healing bringing your heartbeat into synchronicity with the pulsation of the Earth, it would help.
I have been an energy healer for nearly 13 years, and have received much energy healing as well, but there is something in the experience of oneness with the Mother, that is extremely calming.
This process deals with the heart, the second, and the third chakras, bringing them into alignment with the pulse of the Earth and it is amazing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 am 

Definitely you will be healed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:31 am 

Be Happy,and Dont Worry. This is a problem that only you can solve,doctors will treat your symptoms and you may have some measure of relief,but if you do not address your core problem eventually you will be overwhelmed,what makes you depressed ?What makes you anxiouse ? Personally I smoked Pot for 30 years,I self medicated a depression this way,as i grew shamanically I started to notice adverse effects when i ran short of this helper plant,crippling anxiety,bordering on massive paranoia,hightened agression for little or no reason,gradually as I've grown towards shamanism I am less and less attatched to things in this way,I dont want to get drunk anymore,I can enjoy a beer and apreciate its fine qualities without trying to drown in them,the same with liquer,I never had a smoking habit as far as tobacco goes but now it helps me pray,,,this may or may not aply to you personally but its how i Deal,,we use a lot,,without respecting the help we get and what we get it from,Healing is hard work,otherwise it would be play,try not to sweat the petty things and always pet the sweaty things.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:18 pm 

I have had ongoing success managing depression with shamanic techniques. I generally engage another practitioner's help with this at needed and do "touch up" work on myself as needed. This usually consists of soul retrieval and etheric work that is done as needed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:43 pm 

It is being found that the SSRI theories are wrong. There are serious side-effects from these drugs, including addiction. There are ever so much better therapies than drugs for depression. Mindful meditation is found to be quite effective in many cases, as well as Cognitive Behavioral Therapies and Expressive Therapies. Spontaneous remission happens all the time, especially when the system hasn't been confused or compromised with pharmaceuticals.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing