Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Animal healing that has healed humans in the process
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:37 pm 

A great story about a pony that has suffered much and given a chance it has helped heal many others through it's strength and will to survive.
Enjoy the read.... make sure you view all the pictures... there is a cute picture under Molly's (the pony) hoof!

http://hoofcare.blogspot.com/2008/03/po ... three.html

Enjoy!
Elizabeth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:54 am 

A beautiful horse,a great heart,I liked the :D too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 pm 

Indeed!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:34 pm 

I had a very moving experience of being healed by a cat once. I was in a state of great emotional distress after an incident which brought back a very painful old childhood trauma. I tried every trick I knew to resolve this distress. A healer colleague said that there was clearly an energetic block between my heart and solar plexus chakras [this fitted well to the nature of the trauma memory] but she was unable to clear it either.

I was at a "Sacred Arts" Camping Event at the time and found myself thrashing around all night on the floor of a tent in great distress. Then I suddenly became aware of a light touch on my upper arm and turned to see a cat's face staring intently into my own. To my amazement, the cat climbed onto my chest and aligned itself exactly between those 2 dysfunctional chakras.

I could feel the warmth of her body on my chest and the vibration of her purring. I began to recall the many times in my life that I had gone out of my way to help heal animals [I had worked for 30 years as a veterinarian] and was stunned that now, when I really needed healing myself, an animal had come to do the job! I began to cry profusely [the emotional release I so needed], with my whole body shaking. I expected the cat to get up and leave her perch on my chest because it had become so unstable, but instead she just settled deeper down onto my chest, followed by something even more miraculous - I felt a soft furry paw enter my chest and caress my wounded heart! As dawn broke, I felt whole again - healed by a totally unexpected feline friend - and as suddenly as she had appeared, she got up and walked away - job done!!

As I write this, the tears well up into my eyes again - tears of gratitude for a miraculous healing!

There is a collection of stories about animal healers [plus other services to humans] in:
"The Compassion of Animals"

Also a moving book about the mutual healing journey of a horse and owner in “NOD WHISPERS” [UK edition, U.S. edition] by the man who became known as "Scotland’s Horse Whisperer".

I don't normally do much past life healing stuff, but once while doing some healing work with a lady, who was staying in the same B & B in Scotland, she just happened to go in a "past-life memory" direction. Then there was a point where the flow of her healing journey became blocked, she became stuck as she hit the buffers of fear and dread. At that moment the house owner's cat appeared, climbed on top of her and settled down on her chest. The lady was then able to move forward again through her past-life experience. When she had finished the cat got up and left!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:44 am 

Wow BrotherMichael, you have just described virtually exactly (except for the tent etc) a similar experience I have had with a cat, sat on my chest. The deep sense of connection, emotional release and healing of those two energy centres! I never put two and two together before now . . . duh!

Edit: no, I tell a lie it wasn't those two energy centres, she was sat between heart and throat, I could not move my head for her. The issue was to do with me swallowing emotions, not speaking out and making myself ill.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 am 

Thanks, Forest Child, for sharing that!

There was an additional aspect of my own cat experience which I left out, for brevity, but feel moved to mention now...

I had met the [young adult tortoiseshell] cat 2 days earlier while out walking. I could see that, despite the fine warm day she was "under the weather" with what was probably a bout of chronic sinusitis [common in cats, often wrongly
diagnosed as "cat flu"].

My logical mind considered various ways of responding - touching her affectionately, contacting the owner to see if her condition had been recognised, picking her up and examining her closely etc, but my "other mind" intuited that this cat did not wish to be touched, handled or messed around, she just needed some non-interventive "emotional support". So I just sat down on the ground beside her and "was there for her". We sat together for some time, then she rose and strode of purposefully about her business and I did the same.

The point of mentioning this, from a "study of healing" aspect, was that a
subtle [soulmate?] bond between us had already been formed, which prompts me now to add "animals" to my "Anam Cara - Celtic shamanic soulmate wisdom" webpage, which by the way has a lovely embedded video clip.

Any more animal healing/soulmate stories out there?

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing