Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: Ancestor Spirits
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:52 am 

I now believe the cause of my problems is ancestral spirits. This has been diagnosed by 99% of the traditional shamans I have contacted. Again the other day a trad shaman diagnosed ancestral spirits but said they cannot heal this. One trad shaman suggested I contact a Saami noaide to appease angry ancestor spirits.

I can only find 2 noaides and they will not reply. Another Ailo Gaup did reply but he is a core shaman and said himself he cannot help.

I would like to work with the ancestors myself to see if that would heal the problem. The truth is I have no idea where to begin working with ancestors. Someone suggested journey to them, but I am no shaman I cannot journey.

Is there anyone with experience of working with ancestors who may be able to offer some asvice please?

All I can think about at the present is being healed of this problem.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:26 am 

Repeating my question from 2 weeks ago:

Quote:
Ever thought of an family-relative, now deceased and incorporeal, that try to prevent anything? Sounds like something in this direction. Anyone in you family-tree that maybe fitting in? 44 years is a long time. I am sure that such things cannot be healed in a snip.

First off, do some research on your family-tree. Is there anyone in your relatives who died 44 years ago or sometimes around that time?

Deceased ones most often have their own agenda. Some of them try to prevent that their successors move away or so.

Do you have dreams or other experiences regarding your relatives?

Try to errect a smal altar in a corner of your manor. There you can ask your relatives incorporeal to show to you what they want you to do or not. After all, they try to inhibit many things you do (except writing in this board, interesting, eh?). So they can also give you more clear signs on what they are up to trying to tell you.

It is more then clear that a distance healing is a no-go in your case. Someone has to visit the location where you live.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:37 am 

Apu Kuntur

Thank you for your advice, I will certainly try what you say.

There are two relatives that come to mind who died approx the same time this started. One is my grandfather who died of cancer, but the other is interesting, he was my uncle on my father`s side, who was very close to my father. He died young of suspicious circumstances, he was paralised down one side due to an accident at work, he was hospitalised and was found dead with a bottle of medicine in his pocket of which he died from overdose. The verdict was suicide. Some relatives find suicide unlikely as he was about to be married.

However, whether this is my uncle causing this I do not know. When the shamans say this is caused by ancestors they are not specific as to mean blood ancestors or cultural ancestors.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:57 am 

Apu Kuntur

An aftertought, You said the ancestors are not preventing me writing on this forum, that is correct, however, I am not getting anywhere. Just going round in circles. Same as contacting traditional shamans, I am contacting them but not getting healed. They (the ancestors) are still preventing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm 

Seriously, THINK GOOD THOUGHTS -

I'm not a shaman as such, but I know that dwelling on something is proabably the worst thing you can do.

Ok so, Karma from your past life/past genetic life has left a mark on you. Well, nothing is written in stone as such (my opinion :D) so you can change your luck simply by thinking good thoughts, and once you've mastered control over happyness in your current state - things will just get better.

Really bad example, but when I was young I used to have terrible success/problems with females, and I used to ask out quite a lot of people, and then afterwards I used to keep the idea in my head that it was the girl's fault and not mine that she declined. Recently I realised that the more I worried and specualted about this sort of stuff, the worse things got, so I just decided to take a 'I don't care' kind of atitude and think 'well, that incident pushed me down... but now I've learned how to get up again and improve my chances'. And everything did improve, once I'd noticed that the real problem was my perception and not the world being unfair on me.

best of luck tae yee

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:30 pm 

I remember one case, where ancestral spirit was a cause. A friend acted shaman - CORE SHAMAN - why core shaman cannot heal you? I cannot understand that???

But anyway I tell this as a example.

Patient was coming to an age, when her mother had died because of breastcancer and her mother before. If I remember right she was already operated once. She was afraid, if she was going do die also, just after her fourties.

This coreshaman started her work, by calling spirits and starting joyrneywork. She was taken to the origin of the problem, lineage of women who had died because of cancer, all her relatives. They wanted patient dead, because they also died before their time. Shaman had to fight those women, they really wanted her. Their enviness and ingonrance of other's suffering was quite bad. But shaman won that fight and patient is still living well today, for my knowing.

This is what core shaman can do. Doing journey, finding origin of the problem and finding solution and doing whatever he can. Clear and simple. Hard to understand, why you do not get any clarity of your situation.

That person, who supposedly did suicide may have agenda. He may not be able to move forward and is hanging around here and is also causing you the disturbances. Any Shaman, who can contact a spirit, also a core shaman can contact that person's spirit and find out if he is behind all the trouble.

But all that is still just assumption.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:58 pm 

Jusma,

I am confused core and traditional shamanism does not seem to work on our problem. If youi would like rto take up this challenge then we will pay you on successfull healing as you would have accomplished what other shamans core and heridetary cannot do.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:43 pm 

I would help, but I do not usually do anything long distance.

Problem with ancestral spirit may explain, why healers have not achieved much: because there is nothing wrong with you, but those problems are influenced by outsider. Contacting restless spirit may be tricky, if it does not hear reason and is too strong to be fought away.

But anyway, I could give a try, there is not much to loose after all. I'll need focusing points. I'll try to cousel my helpers at some point, if any advises comes or direction. I'll write you private.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:40 pm 

barry wrote:
Jusma,

I am confused core and traditional shamanism does not seem to work on our problem. If youi would like rto take up this challenge then we will pay you on successfull healing as you would have accomplished what other shamans core and heridetary cannot do.

I'm wondering if this is something which you, yourself, have to work with?

If you could take just a half hour out of your life, sit quietly and consider the issue.

If you could visualise this issue/ancestor as an area of your body which would it be?

If you could see it as a colour, texture, size and shape, what would it be?

if you could see the issue/ancestor as a being who/what would it be? A green, spikey slime monster or a tall, twiggy, ice being, a fat bloated creature with red teeth perhaps? Whatever it is, its yours and lets see how we can talk to it.

If you could ask this being and actually BE this being, what does it want, what does it NEED and what will it feel like if it gets what it needs?

What your ancestor wants and what it needs may be remarkably different but perhaps only you are able to unlock the door because this is so personal???

Supposing you could offer all that is loving and compassionate about yourself to this beast? Supposing you could visualise you whole being melting into a cup which the beast drinks or eats from, what would that look like?

As the being ingests your offering, what do you see happening, how does this being change?

Now that this being/ancestor has changed, why not ask them, how do they feel, what will they do for you now and how can you call upon them again when you need them?

Has this being now become an ally? How can they help you? Do they need more help from you, more nourishment? Can you turn an ancestral issue into support by nurturing this person and giving love and compassion?

The above forms part of the Chod practice in Buddhism which comes from a basic shamanic way of working through one's own ancestral (and other) issues.

I hope it helps.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:38 pm 

Dear Barry,

Today I came to this thread.

How are u now? What is the update?

Yes, I am interested... pls write here the current situation, THANKS.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 pm 

Barry,

I might throw this out for you. You're obviously at a point where you're ready and willing to facilitate in your own healing. That is a GOOD thing, and an indication that the process might already be underway.

I practice core shamanism, and have learned much and shed much because of it. A suggestion if I might. See if there is someone willing to teach you to journey in your area. Perhaps a workshop, practicioner, etc. Explain your reasons for wanting to learn, a true teacher is likely to be more receptive if he or she knows you have a valid investment.

Once you're comfortably able to journey, ask that teacher what else you need to learn to deal with your situation. Remember, what you perceive as affliction might actually be an innitiation of some sort. Helping the ancestor complete their journey might very well be the beginning of your own - a true gift indeed.

Without knowing you, or your case in particular, I can't be sure, of course. Nor would I claim to be without working with you in person, which I'm sorry to say because of geographical reasons isn't possible. I simply put this out there for your consideration.

In any case, I wish you well, and pray you find whatever is for your greatest good...

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing