Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post subject: A Strange Sort of Soul Retrieval
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:48 pm 

So about a year ago, an experienced shaman I'd been corresponding with did a healing. During the healing, he experienced 3 "fragments" of my spirit that were taken from me at birth by, as he called, malignant spirits who were afraid of what work I would be capable of. He told me that the 3 were very special and would allow me to provide great gifts to others. After he returned these "fragments" to me I still felt disconnected from them, despite my feeling that they were with me.

Yesterday, another shaman who happens to be a fellow student at my university stressed that I needed to be "repaired", as he said he saw me as being "cracked" or "in pieces". He created a smudge and performed a sort of empowerment ritual for me, during which I had a powerful journey:

a spirit who I've seen in the past came to me again, saying that the spirits needed to do a special kind of process, to acclimate myself to their frequencies properly, and in doing so, "made me whole" again. He also stated that my soul being harmed as such at birth was a "mark" for me to be chosen for great healing later on, and this is important to my spiritual development.

Has anyone had any experience such as mine? I want to see if there is a correlation between my experiences and other "chosen shamans", as we are often referred to as.

Post subject: Re: A Strange Sort of Soul Retrieval
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 pm 

When I've read chosen Shaman symptoms, I've had them all, including a life threatening illness, never mind at least a dozen close brushes with death and one NDE on top of that.

And I hear the still small voice. I have felt a presence with me my whole life and I think that presence may be the still small voice I hear. It doesn't give me messages like the ones you and others receive.

It mostly tells me how not to make an idiot of myself, and otherwise points out either how to avoid making costly mistakes, or how to deal with them afterward, if I didn't listen.

It never tells me that I've been chosen for anything, it just enhances my functioning.

The more I listen to it, the better I function.

I have recently fallen in love with someone who isn't available.

Today, I recognize this experience as an enormous part of my soul retrieval.

That's right. Jilted love is soul retrieval, if you can accept the love that has been elicited within you, and not turn that into hatred of yourself and or the absent beloved.

I'm filled with peace and contentment and a part of me that's been buried my whole life and that has found expression in non loving, destructive ways is healed.

So this leads me to ask you to share what soul retrieval feels like for you?

I'm wondering if it's love for everyone.

The other thing I'm curious about is do you find that people often relapse after soul retrieval?

I'm not sure if this answers your question. I would consider it an enormous gift to help others find and deal with that buried, traumatized love.

Post subject: Re: A Strange Sort of Soul Retrieval
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:58 pm 

I certainly understand the voice you speak of, for I find the same presence in my own mind. It has not told me anything aside from what I've needed to hear, in the same manor as you have described. The spirit which I was visited by that did tell me I was "marked" was one I've seen my entire life. Aside from that little voice of wisdom in my head, I've also seen and heard this spirit and have learned much from it as well.

To answer your question, it feels to me, like an emptiness is filled within me. And the emptiness that made me feel such things as spite, directionless anger and hopelessness was filled and in its place went a capacity for love I never knew before.

As for relapse, I've seen it occur. Matter of fact, a student at the university I attend asked me to perform one for her, in order to overcome an emotional trauma that happened to her last year. Soon after I performed the ritual, she allowed herself to be put into a position to relapse, and went straight back to how she was before.

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing