Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: What does it mean to be responsible?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:30 pm 

I think there is a need for an important point of clarity here: being responsible for one's life, and one's experiences, is not synonymous with saying that you have consciously created the circumstances that you experience.

Also, responsibility does not lie only in the domain of thoughts: much of what we experience, in my understanding, at less expansive levels of awareness is the result of affinity, rather than thought per se. This means that to take responsibility is to recognise why we have an affinity with what we are experiencing. In other words, nothing can come into our experience 'univited', even if that invitation or affinity is unconscious.

In this way, healing needs its ally awareness to work - how can you engage with what you are not aware of? In a certain sense that is what it does not matter if what one is experiencing is sorcery or not, because to bring it back to the client, ultimately most benefit might come from tracking what is going on in them, rather than focussing on what is happening to them.

Not to negate the existence of such forces/intentions as sorcery, rather to make the point that from a pragmatic point of view not a great value in focussing on that side of the circumstances ...

Blessings to one and all,

J

Post subject: stay calm...
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:22 pm 

Barry,
My name is Carlos and I'm the program director of the Ayahuasca Foundation, located in Iquitos, Peru. I work with many curanderos, some of whom are very gifted at long distance healing. I have a feeling that one of these curanderos, a shipibo healer named don Enrique, may be able to help you. I would need your brother's and your full names and locations. It might take a week or longer to get back to you, however.
One thing that worries me is that you may have lost faith in the power of healing spirits. Faith is an essential part of the process. Your participation is ultimately going to determine the outcome. This is not western medicine, where the patient just sits back and lets the doctor do all the work. You are your own healer, the curandero (shaman) just removes the obstacles, brings in assistance, and cleans the wounds.
You may try looking for ayahuasca ceremonies in your area, but only if they are led by someone you can trust. Again, I am concerned that you may not trust anyone anymore, in which case you may have to rely on yourself, provided you still have faith in yourself.
What have you done besides hire shamans? I mean, have you changed your diet? Have you changed your lifestyle? Do you still have bad habits? Have you made efforts to reconcile broken relationships and to improve all the others? Are you connecting with your environment, getting to know that plants that's surround you? Do you meditate? Are you filling yourself with love and compassion? Are you in search of the path that God intends for you?
There's a lot more to healing yourself than hiring a healer. In the US, millions of people have lost their jobs and even more suffer from depression, and even more are ill in some way or another. The world needs to be healed, and faith in God is the key to bringing that healing about.
Perhaps you have a demon ruining your life, and maybe you need to right your energetic system to allow a clean flow, and maybe you just have to adjust your perspective to see how it all is meant to be.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 am 

Rachara El

The reason I am staying here is that someone must know a traditional shaman who may be able to help.

Yes I have had some references, one shaman I am still trying to locate, I contacted another traditional shaman who was recommended, this shaman gave a diagnosis but could not help as this shaman believes this is too powerful for one shaman to heal.

I am grateful for any advice but I get irritated by core shamans/new agers who claim this is caused by negative thoughts.

Post subject: We can help you
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:16 pm 

Barry,

I have seen this type of problem before. In fact, I have had this problem myself, but not quite as severely as you.

The Earth Center may be able to help you. I will not promise that you can be healed and I will be honest with you when I say that $1000 may not be enough, but you will not need to travel and all of the work can be done where you are.

We have access to Dogon Priests who can do readings to determine the exact problem that you have. They will then specify exactly what kind of offerings must be performed to heal this problem, if offerings will solve it.

Please understand that the priests that we work with achieve this status because they have the skill and the obligation to solve any problem that is presented to them, as long as the solution will not break their code of conduct.

Please contact us at The Earth Center

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:41 pm 

Barry, I am not a shaman. I am reading this thread because I have an interest in shamanism. I appreciate what you have to say, but feel that you have very high expectations of what is possible through healing.

I have suffered with depression in the past and, in my experience, recovering from it was (and still is) an ongoing process of growth, self exploration and self forgiveness. Had I read that whilst I was in a depressed state, I would probably have dismissed it, perhaps you are now. But, you should understand that I am speaking to you as one freshly returned from the abyss with a clear vision of the path I have walked.

I remember well the feeling of being totally blocked at every turn, that the harder I tried to achieve something the more barriers would be put in my way. That the more I asked for help the less people could hear or wanted to hear. I am writing to you, Barry, to promise you that there is hope. It may be impossible for you to see it from your present perspective but with effort and courage, you will reacha place where you can see it too.

I am not suggesting it is easy to break the inertia that is holding you, but I am assuring you that it is possible. Once the movement is begun, the journey becomes increasingly easy. There is a Chinese proverb: 'The hardest step of a thousand mile journey is the first'

The primary method I used to begin my healing journey was a simple tool of exploration and catharsis. Every day, first thing on getting out of bed, I do automatic writing. Stream of conciousness, unthought-out, as the thoughts come to my mind they go straight on the paper. I write until I have filled 3 pages.

This may appear ridiculous to you at the moment, but for me, it has enabled a profound level of healing and insight. Try it. Start now. What have you got to loose? See how you get on with it. It took me a while to come to really enjoy the process. At first it was tough, painful. It's easy to make excuses not to do it, but realise that these are only ways of avoiding the process that will ultimately help you to heal yourself.

Keep the writings but do not read them and do not let anyone else read them. It is very important that as you write you are totally free to express your mind without fear of being judged, criticised or ridiculed. So the one and only rule is, do not read or allow to be read.

At first my writing was full of vitriol and darkness, then false hopes that led me nowhere, only to dissapointment and frustration. Then I began to hear a new voice, from deep inside, long buried. My innocent child self began to reemerge. Encourage this, your child knows you as you truely are. Let him speak.

As you get more used to the process, you will begin to catch yourself falling into negative thought spirals, eventually training yourself out of that habit. Here, for me at least, was the key that opened the door to new hope. When I refused to continue the habit of negative thinking my life changed. I know you are irritated by suggestions that negative mind states are causing your problems rather than spirits influence, but I have two things about that. First, that I am not suggesting that negative thoughts are the cause, merely that not engaging in them helps you to deal with the problem. Second, that in Chinese medicine (Rooted firmly in shamanism) there is no separation between Mind and Spirit. The word 'Shen' can be translated as either Mind or Spirit and each is considered to influence and shape the other.

So, as I said at the beginning, Barry, this is an ongoing process that we have to engage with ourselves. By all means seek help from others, whether they be shamans, acupuncturists, priests, yogis, whatever takes your fancy. I feel it is important to remain aware that some may help you enormously, some may hinder you (even those well intentioned ones), but none can make the journey for you.

It is up to you to make the first step, Barry.

Yours with absolute sincerity.
Zen

Bon Voyage! Very Happy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 pm 

Any progress in your situation, barry?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:42 am 

AHHH automatic writing, good idea

i like to make a habit of doing automatic drawings,

when i started out it was all dark and bloody, but after a while hope started to appear in my paintings/drawing it got better from there.

hmm barry i had an idea a while back, before you go for a healing you could ask people you know or local healers / well meaners, to pray for you at the time of healing. it could make the healing much more powerful in theory, because of the increased amount of energy and positivity being sent your way.
maybe even a post on this site of the time, im sure people would chip in.

i wish you luck once more.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:34 am 

Apu Kuntur

Thank you for asking how things are progressing. I am still working on the advice you gave about praying to the ancestors. I have contacted a Nepalese shaman who has agreed to help. He is taking his time getting back to me he says he is busy at present. But hopefully he may be able to help.

Post subject: Overcoming Obstacles - Finding Solutions - Making Choices
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 pm 

Hi Barry!

In "Why People Don't Heal and How They Can" [Amazon links: UK - USA] famous international healer, Caroline Myss, states that in her experience the number one block to healing is "LACK OF POWER". I absolutely agree with this!

I have written a short article here: www.cheal.org/message/732 detailing what I call "The 6 Disempowerment Styles" that in my experience, commonly block healing.

Could any of them apply in your case, Barry?

I am located 60 miles from London, near Cambridge, so potentially might be able to help, barry, but would wish to explore the ground carefully first [for the benefit of both of us].

Please excuse me [and maybe some others in the forum)for being a little wary in our response. Many of us have encountered folks "doing the round of healers" looking for a magical quick-fix. They do occur, but are pretty rare and usually the person concerned has done a lot of work already themselves and the healer provides a particular "tipping point" experience or insight.

Please do not be offended if I probe a little more into something that you said...

"No one has been able to heal my brother and myself."

I would like to know what your vision is, of what such a "healing" would look like, Barry? [seriously]. Would it be a short session and e.g. a particular ritual or technique from which you walk away and have a totally different life experience?

I tell people "I cannot heal you" - only you can heal yourself, I will do my best to FACILITATE you healing yourself".

If someone has suffered a long period of time their condition [lifestyle, worldview, self-view etc] is usually very entrenched and their vitality often very depleted. There is likely to be an "onion" effect i.e. a series of dysfunctional layers [emotional, mental, physical, behavioural etc] have built up on top of each other and a healer has to methodically encourage you to work down through the layers to find and correct the original "seed" of the problem. This means tha no healer is going to give quick results and you might need to find a healer you can trust and invest in a prolonged period of healing work.

In these prolonged problems there is ALWAYS elements of self-sabotage going on i.e. we are blocking our own healing in some [usually unconscious] way. We are very attached to these blocks [e.g. certain rigid beliefs or lifestyle patterns or addictions] and to move through them is hard involves suffering. One area of big blocks to healing is setting up impossible [sabotaging] conditions for the healing to take place e.g. someone else will fix me and I won't need to suffer or make uncomfortable attitude or lifestlyle changes, or re-visit painful experiences from the past, OR visit uncomfortable held-in feelings and impulses that I would rather not know about.

To keep going along a "rut" in our life is always the easy option - climbing the walls of the rut is much harder and requires persistence and a willingness to fall back, learn from that, then climb the wall again.

As the saying goes "If we do things the way we have always do them, we will keep getting the same results!"

Another saying that is possibly relevent [I am only guessing of course, cos I dont know you] is "Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't!" If we have been dysfunctional [for whateve reason] for a prolonged period, it becomes the "devil we know" - we can even become "identified" with it [it may become part of who we are] , and as we uncover the hidden beneficial side-effects that often accompany dysfunction, we may unconsciously become quite attached. What I am saying here is that healing involves "risk" and "change" and can actually be deeply terrifying. In which case part of the healer's role is to support the healee in finding their way into and through the fear, tapping into deep soul-wisdom and soul-motivation, and into consolidating new patterns over a period of time [it is so easy to slip back into old patterns!].

So therapeutic intervention is likely to be a prolonged task. Also, human beings are very adaptable creatures and we have ways [usually unconscious] of "feathering the nest" of suffering i.e. of getting hidden "pay-offs" e.g. getting sympathy for others, or avoiding the personal risks and discomforts of travelling the path of healing [if someone else cant easily fix me, I can give up on fixing myself].

Healing is usually a "journey", rather than a 1-off event. The longer the journey of dysfunction, the longer the joureny

If you wish to dialogue/explore further in private, Barry, you can contact me via...
www.sunflower-health.com/forms/enquiry.htm

Sorry for being the bearer of possibly bad tidings, Barry. Know that there are amazing blessings, new relationships and magical experiences along the path of healing [i.e. not just at the destination] as well as some discomforts, loss of pride [we can even be proud of how difficult we are to hea!] and hard work along the way.

Good Luck and Blessings on your journey, Barry - or on choosing to stay just as you are [a valid lifestyle choice!]

Michael Meredith

Post subject: Barry's $1000 Challenge
 Post Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:32 am 

Hi Barry,

What would it look like if a shamanic healing were to "work" for you and your brother? What would it feel and sound like? What would a typical day in the life of a "healed Barry" consist of? In other words, how would you KNOW that you had been healed?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:40 pm 

I will take the challenge. You must have a yahoo messenger account, a high speed connection, speakers, and a microphone. We will need 60-90 minutes at a time. As there may be multiple roots causing your distress, it may require more than 1 session. Let me know you availability by email and I will set an appointment. Payment will be expected in full after you agree that the affliction is resolved. Thats $1000 for each of you. We will complete one then begin your brother after your payment. You must be able to work without interruption.

I am in the US, Central TZ (GMT -6:00)

Jaggg

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:57 pm 

Hi Jaggg! I have also tried offering online help [via Skype] but Barry was unable to find high speed access which left me wondering if this is a case of "learned helplessness"?? [no offence Barry, we can all fall prey to the "I'm stuck in a rut, someone come and rescue me!" bug at times!]. In this respect there is a wonderful book called
If You Want to Walk on Water, You'Ve Got to Get out of the Boat!
Although it is written primarily for Christians, everyone can benefit from the great wisdom and true-life stories in there. Just substitute "Great Spirit" for "God", or even skip all occurrences of God completely, it can still "hit the spot"!

Thank-you for starting this thread, Barry, because it does encourage us all to think carefully about:

a) the common blocks to healing [see my posting above]
b) is healing always the answer to life's [practical] problems?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:29 am 

I believe shamanism has been persecuted out of existince by christians, all that is left now is frauds or deluded people.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 pm 

barry wrote:
I believe shamanism has been persecuted out of existince by christians, all that is left now is frauds or deluded people.

Maybe this brings you finaly into point, that in the end it is just you, who can solve your own problems.

Those who believe in red and blue pills, which cure everything (like some think shamanic healing as one) can maybe finaly draw conclusions which could lead into way curing themselves.

I can say, that when I was sick, and doctors could not say what was wrong I tried almost everything, which I thought could cure me. Finally, after 7 years I understood that surrendering was key to undertand the situation and get better. I mean by surrendering not to force the way ahead, but following it.

Like best way to heal a wild horse is to let it go on wide field, sometimes recovery takes places only when a person finds his place where he can be most happy.

I made a journey about reiki healing once. The answer came, that it is more like illusion, it's power fake compared to pure joy. Joyful person do not even need any healing, even when sick. He can adapt and take hardtimes positive way.

A person do not need to be succesful economicly, socially or any other way, if he can be at comfort what is. How that can be is yours to find. Hope you can reach to it. It's worth it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm 

barry wrote:

Wonderful. Now go away and never come back here. You found a reason to be active by yourself. Isn't this a success?

:twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Healing