Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Circles

Post subject: Other shamanic circles besides drumming circles?
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:45 pm 

We hold a medicine wheel circle at the full and new moons. Does anyone else do something like this?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:15 pm 

Not yet, but actually I think something into that direction is stirring. I just received one enquiery, if there is any chance to study shamanism without superficial experiences of fancy workshops or even without spiritjouneys. Person thought journeying only shaman's tool and not necesserely a must for a ordinary person.
There is a coinsidence: I was just planning a workshop next summer with an aim to get people more connected with themselves and enviroment. Connected by heart, not by techniques. That's the aim. But how to teach that without pretending, without being fancy - is it dull?

There was a time, when I held with a friend drumming circle which ended because of powerstruggle. I do not find a way back into that, but something else, which cannot be owned by anybody.
I just do not yet know what that else actually is, but hopefully it will show itself eventually.

Forest Child actually (very kind of her) helped me with translation of the coming course, which can be seen:
http://www.mesiainen.com/recent.html
Comments are welcome.

There was also a story with medicine wheel. I received a message from one journey (from Jesus, funny) to study suncross and colors of it. I forgot the whole journey, because I did not understand. Later I saw on a course held by native american medicine wheel, which turned out to be very similar to suncross and I started to understand. It was a strong experience. Also because directions were taught by feeling them. It was first time I understood, what was meant by directions even I was taught years earlier. Feeling and experiencing something is so different from intellectual study.

Strong impact was also, how strong emotion that indian had for all the prayers. That was something people here do not do. Crying publicly is usually shamed here in cold North, but he was proud of his tears. And it may be true we have forgotten how to weep properly. Still emotions are that which affects us all. Should it be disturbing to note that animals can show more empathy than we?

Hmm, seems I have lots of thoughts coming this evening....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:41 am 

I am happy to read this! I was looking in the direction of Finland last year for meeting a native shamanic experience! Very glad I meet you here! [bow]
This is just to express feelings. I will contact you on the addresses you give on the website.

love and light!

Post subject: Re: Other shamanic circles besides drumming circles?
 Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:54 am 

We are still doing this in the Euclid, Ohio area. We also have a yearly workshop here, a Dreaming workshop. We are starting to expand a bit, which is a good thing!

Board index » General Discussion » Shamanic Circles