Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Ayahusca and plant medicine

Post subject: PTSD
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 pm 

I'm interested in hearing from those with PTSD who have been helped by Ayahuasca.

Post subject: Re: PTSD
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 am 

shamanRN wrote:
I'm interested in hearing from those with PTSD who have been helped by Ayahuasca.

I was involved for 30 years in an extreme right-wing christian fundamental church. When I finally saw the light of shamanism and left the church I had symptoms of what a marine coming home from Vietnam might feel. I was suicidal. I lived in horrendous fear that the Christian God was going to kill me and throw me in hell. I smelled smells that weren't even there. I had horrible nightmares. I felt as if each day was miracle because it was a miracle that I made it through the previous day.
I used peyote to help heal myself. I went out into the woods, drank the liquid, and meditated. My relationship with the Divine was restored. All of the Christian guilt was gone and I was new.
I used ayahuasca several times also, although it was too powerful and I was warned by an angel to not take ayahuasca without the accompanment of an experienced shaman.

Post subject: Re: PTSD
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:57 pm 

Thank you Clay99!

I would also like to hear experiences by people suffering (suffered) from PTSD that found help using Ayahuasca or anything similar.

For 12 years I've been in therapy and tried / used "most" medications that only made me feel worse.

Recently I got a tip on finding a Shaman that does rituals with Ayahuasca. Have started to try finding a Shaman that can help, live in Spain...

Does anyone now about a good Shaman practicing here?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Board index » General Discussion » Ayahusca and plant medicine