Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Ayahusca and plant medicine

Post subject: plants. healing and friendship.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:14 pm 

I have a lot of interest in plants you can smoke , eat or drink as tea. my garden is full of plants and I have plants inside too I use for both smoking and for cooking.

I learned to speak to plants by a native American once. I been wanting to do this more and learn more about nature around me.

a while back I found a good looking plant that I just felt could be used for something. I found out what it was for a plant and then I started reading about it. it turned out to be not useful for cooking and slightly bad because of side effects. but it worked for some of the disease I have.

I ignored the plant as a medicine but often go see it where it stands., I think this is something I need to work on some more.

I was wondering how others here do this bonding with with plants that you use for healing or just for cooking.

my way to do it is go look for anything really. then if I am waling the dog and see a plant I find cute or have sympathy for I try to speak with it. then I go home and find a lot of information on it if I can find out what its name is.

I been wondering a lot lately about how did people in the past find out all the things they did ? its simply not logical that they just tried eating a little of the plant and find out if it was tasting good or was poison.

and from there then find out what it could be used for as medicine. there must been communication with spirit going on back then and the instinct that animals have humans must have as well.

how do I get that natural instinct back ?

I was raised on a farm. been working with animals and as a farmer you do use a little knowledge around how nature works as its your job. you depend on the weather as well but I feel a urge to be more primitive and natural than just growing things and wants to learn to handle myself in nature with just a knife and nothing else.

to learn to find things you can eat in nature and while working in the garden it would be useful for me to know more about the plants spirits.

it takes practice and I am not so good at it yet. its like sometimes a three will speak to me. or a dream will occur where a plant is telling me something and I wake up and cant remember it.

what techniques do you use for communication with plants and how do you keep your relations with it ?

Post subject: Re: plants. healing and friendship.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 pm 

Just quiet your mind and listen to the plant. Simple

Post subject: Re: plants. healing and friendship.
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:15 pm 

I was walking the dog a while ago and a three spoke to me . it just told me not to worry about my dog because her OP for cancer would go just fine. which it did.,

I been giving it tobacco as a offering from time to time after that. I find it hard to speak to certain plants and most the time they speak to me instead.

also I grow my own tobacco. I want to speak with them but I did not come as far as to have time to really get to know them.

I am very much a ceremonial kind of person. I need to do things with a ceremony and intent as a part of everyday life to honour the relations I have.

this is why I asked how you keep your relations , ceremonies or something :)

Board index » General Discussion » Ayahusca and plant medicine